PDA

View Full Version : Diesel News - 08 Super duty and Ram

Breecher_7
02-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Ok. so I just got my monthly issue of diesel power magazine and they have a write up on the new 08 emissions compliant Super duty. The new engine has a sequential twin turbo setup and is still making less power then the new LMM emissions compliant duramax with the single turbo. What is ford thinking here? I cant say I understand this move. All the hype about "twin turbos" then it turns out to be lame. There was a sneak preview at dodges new 6.7 cummins as well, looks to be inpressive. Finnally may have resolved the long problem trannys now. There no longer built by orion but by a japaneese manufacturer and is a 6 speed configuration.... Also they are going to be equipt with factory exhaust brakes. Im glad I waited to trade in my 05 Ram, the 08 model year should be interesting for the big 3.

88Nightmare
02-03-2007, 10:20 AM
yeah idk I think when ford switched to that 6.0 powerstroke, that kinda hurt them as a player against the other 2 guys. Chevy's duramax is incredible. Their current LBZ engine code model with 360hp and 650ft lbs is extremely impressive. Its smooth, extremely responsive, and very refined for a diesel. I have not been keeping up to date with how the Big 3 is transistioning their diesels over to the ultra low sulfer fuel, but it will be interesting to see the results, and whether or not product quality will be compromised just to meet assenine government standards.