PDA

View Full Version : Bbbbbuuuuurrrrrr Sooo Cooold!!!!!

scaleracer
01-31-2007, 05:54 PM
-4 for a high on next tuesday and -17 for a low without the windchill it will probably feel like -25:omg !!!! the weather guy is an :asshole

Yooformula
01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
whoo hooo!! bout time finally some cold.:( :goof :fire

Lash
01-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Try working outside all day. :mad:
This sucks....it's gonna be a long week or two. Hopefully they'll just let us go home.

cool_kat
01-31-2007, 06:10 PM
same here, next week I will be putting a roof on a condo. Hopefully the trusses will not show up.

Flicktitty
01-31-2007, 06:21 PM
This sucks! last night i was in my buddies garage working on his 240SX and i was frozen and i think we were only out there for 40min!

Next week is going to be rediculous! :( i think it sounds like a good week to go visit my buddy in Flordia.

nismodave
01-31-2007, 06:23 PM
I have been working outside for the last 2 mos.......I think we need Mon and Tues off.

WhiteZCamaro
01-31-2007, 06:47 PM
it will make trap shooting real fun ion tuesday night!:D

Lash
01-31-2007, 07:32 PM
I think we need Mon and Tues off.

Werd!

Korndogg
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Lash you should just tell them you want to work in the basement. Nice and toasty down there. I hope Im down there for a while.

and thanks for the brooms, we needed them..lol

88Nightmare
01-31-2007, 10:07 PM
yup, good ol wisconsin weather is finally back. nothin wrong with a lil cold.

subliminal1284
01-31-2007, 11:26 PM
nothin wrong with a lil cold.

:bsflag

Flicktitty
01-31-2007, 11:36 PM

agreed!

hrsp
02-01-2007, 02:55 AM
my car dont shift when its this cold:(

88Nightmare
02-01-2007, 07:51 AM

then go move to florida with the old people :thumbsup

besides, without a cold winter, you truly couldnt appreciate a warm summer

FANAT1C
02-01-2007, 10:04 AM
besides, without a cold winter, you truly couldnt appreciate a warm summer

I don't know about that! :rolleyes:

Silver350
02-01-2007, 10:07 AM
The time I really hate the cold is in the morning when I have to go to work. I always freeze walking to my truck.

Rocket Power
02-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I usually work inside but starting monday I'll be outside for a week and a half all day. Woo Hoo ain't I lucky it has to be when it is so nice out :goof

Prince Valiant
02-01-2007, 05:29 PM
What sucks is that gus's indoor/outdoor kennel is useless at that temp. I gotta keep the destructive little beast indoors for this week :(

Cutlass Queen
02-01-2007, 06:44 PM
I hate Wisconsin weather.....stupid weatherman:flipoff2:

Brandon W.
02-01-2007, 07:24 PM
i love this weather. makes good ice for ice fishing. i want one more walleye like last years (28" and 7 1/2lbs) before they kill off Eagle lake this year. DNR ( Do Nothing Right) FTW!?!?!?!

nismodave
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
People that say they dont mind the cold, are usually ones that dont work outside all day.

Lash
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
People that say they dont mind the cold, are usually ones that dont work outside all day.

Exactly!

Korndogg
02-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Exactly!

X2 lol

Al
02-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Pizza delivery on fri and sun. The only good thing is that the pizzas keep your hands warm when you are waiting outside. Other than that, no work from Mon through Wed thanks to school.

Remember how I said that there would be a reverse effect on the weather when we were having that warm spell in December? Well, here it is!

What usually happens is we get enough cool air to make up for the warm temps so that our average temp deviation for the last few months is about 0.

88Nightmare
02-02-2007, 12:50 AM

on the contrary, I enjoy cold weather. just how my body is. I like hot weather too, but would take the cold any day. I can be outside for hours on end. When I go snowplowing, we also have to shovel and do some snowblowing, and I wear just a pair of jeans, a whie t-shirt, and my carhart jacket. sometimes a camofauge cap. gloves if I remember them. I like snowmobiling too. I can do that for like 10 hours on end. Its great! Besides, if it was warm all the time, I wouldn't appreciate the warm weather as much without a strong winter.

Flicktitty
02-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Pizza delivery on fri and sun. The only good thing is that the pizzas keep your hands warm when you are waiting outside.

:thumbsup thats what keeps me busy at night.....or somewhat busy. seems nightly i have someone from here stop in and keep me company. :rolf

nismodave
02-02-2007, 05:35 PM
on the contrary, I enjoy cold weather. just how my body is. I like hot weather too, but would take the cold any day. I can be outside for hours on end. When I go snowplowing, we also have to shovel and do some snowblowing, and I wear just a pair of jeans, a whie t-shirt, and my carhart jacket. sometimes a camofauge cap. gloves if I remember them. I like snowmobiling too. I can do that for like 10 hours on end. Its great! Besides, if it was warm all the time, I wouldn't appreciate the warm weather as much without a strong winter.

No offense man..But going out to shovel a walk for a few mins then jumping into a warm truck is NOTHING like starting work at 7am, taking a 15 min break at 930 then working outside until 12 with a 30 min break, then working intil 330.

Korndogg
02-02-2007, 05:38 PM
No offense man..But going out to shovel a walk for a few mins then jumping into a warm truck is NOTHING like starting work at 7am, taking a 15 min break at 930 then working outside until 12 with a 30 min break, then working intil 330.

that is my exact schedule too lol.

nismodave
02-02-2007, 05:56 PM
that is my exact schedule too lol.

Tell these guys Korndogggg.

I mean Ice fishing or Snowmobiling is a Hobby. You no stress and you can go inside when you like.

Korndogg
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
well the way I see it is....If Im outside ENJOYING what I'm doing its totally different then being forced to be outside while on a job.

Lash
02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
well the way I see it is....If Im outside ENJOYING what I'm doing its totally different then being forced to be outside while on a job.

Werd...work sucks...even more when it's cold out....and especially 'windy' Wheaton!!!

:alcoholic

Korndogg
02-02-2007, 07:17 PM
yeah man...the wind is crazy.

Rocket Power
02-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Woo hoo I get to be on basically a giant parking lot with no wind break and the warmest I can look forward too is 0* without the wind chill for monday :banana1:
and I get to do it from 7 am till probably at least 5pm

88Nightmare
02-02-2007, 10:17 PM

you'd be surprised how long im outside. but either way, I can handle it. And not only that, it doesnt bother me at all. It's just weather. Dress appropriately :thumbsup

Korndogg
02-02-2007, 10:56 PM
its hard to keep hands and feet warm though...thats all that gets cold on me. Standing on a metal scissor lift in the air with the wind going crazy will make anyone cold. If you say no then you are a BSer

nismodave
02-02-2007, 11:18 PM
its hard to keep hands and feet warm though...thats all that gets cold on me. Standing on a metal scissor lift in the air with the wind going crazy will make anyone cold. If you say no then you are a BSer

LOL..........I do the same thing all day.

Stand on a scissor lift all day.......With mininmal movement......Having to take off your gloves every few min because the hardware is too small to use with gloves on.

Better yet, having to wear saftey glasses, and not being able to wear your full face mask, tight to your nose because your glasses fog.

Al
02-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Funny thing tonight... Even though it is really cold out, the cold did not get to me one bit till I washed some dishes between deliveries. My hands were a bit wet on the way out the door, so they got cold very fast.

It really began to suck when I couldn't count out singles for change a few minutes later. I was given two twenties for a 32 dollar bill. I said that I was having difficulty counting the change to the lady, so she said that she did not need it then!

PureSound15
02-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm a pvssy and have no problem admitting that I hate the cold, Dave and Korndog, I have no idea how you guys do it.

They're building a new sports facility on campus and there are guys on the roof (keep in mind lake effect wind in Green Bay) and I thank God that I don't work outside every time I see them up there.

Korndogg
02-02-2007, 11:47 PM
dont forget Lash!! he works with me lol but yeah you kind of just have to get the stuff done and be done with it. You cant sit there all day thinking of it.

88Nightmare
02-03-2007, 12:13 AM
yeah its the extremeties that coldest first. I like those little heat packets you can buy from farm and barn. once they are exposed to air they last 8 hours.

cool_kat
02-03-2007, 01:04 AM
yeah i frooze today. up on the roof all day was no fun. being a rough carpenter suxs this time of year.

BadAzzGTA89
02-03-2007, 01:13 AM
:) Some of you guys need to grow a set!!!
You live in well WISCONSIN it can get cold!
What do our people say in the service?Shit dude i can't protect our country it is too cold out?
Ahh NO!
Think about that every time it rains,snows,or is toooo hot,or your "having a bad day"
GROW a SET!!
Sorry had too i work outside and is my job just hate to hear woman cry or i thought there was a lot of MEN on here:)

nismodave
02-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Sorry had too i wok outside and is my job just hate to hear woman cry or i thought there was a lot of MEN on here:)

You wok at a Chinese place? CooKing outside????

At least you have the flame from the stove to keep you warm.

Now go make me some Chicken and Vegetables........No MSG please.

BadAzzGTA89
02-03-2007, 01:40 AM
You wok at a Chinese place? CooKing outside????

At least you have the flame from the stove to keep you warm.

Now go make me some Chicken and Vegetables........No MSG please.

You smartass:thumbsup

nismodave
02-03-2007, 02:44 AM
You smartass:thumbsup

U edited.......U suck. LOL

So what do you do outside for your job?

BadAzzGTA89
02-03-2007, 02:49 AM
U edited.......U suck. LOL

So what do you do outside for your job?

I put loads together for "flatbed trailors/heavy haul" or i am strapping/chaining loads down in this smit !!
P.S Straps fly like kites in this smit:fire

nismodave
02-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Sounds like fun......But remember, you are moving around in the cold.

When I was unloading conduit I was warm.

Its a different story when you are somewhat staionary all day.

BadAzzGTA89
02-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Sounds like fun......But remember, you are moving around in the cold.

When I was unloading conduit I was warm.

Its a different story when you are somewhat staionary all day.

If sombody is standing around in this shit somthing is really wrong with thing by not doing a damm thing!!

Lash
02-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Stand on a scissor lift all day.......With mininmal movement

Not only that...but we've been working in the penthouse (100 feeet in the air) of a non-enclosed building that sits in the middle of a huge field. It's like a constant 30 mph wind all day long. :stare

FANAT1C
02-03-2007, 09:24 AM
:) Some of you guys need to grow a set!!!
You live in well WISCONSIN it can get cold!
What do our people say in the service?Shit dude i can't protect our country it is too cold out?
Ahh NO!
Think about that every time it rains,snows,or is toooo hot,or your "having a bad day"
GROW a SET!!
Sorry had too i work outside and is my job just hate to hear woman cry or i thought there was a lot of MEN on here:)

Were you in the service? I was in the army in the early 90's. They teach you about staying in when its bad weather. I remember a time in basic that they canceled some exercises due to the weather. :durr WTF?

nismodave
02-03-2007, 09:36 AM
If sombody is standing around in this shit somthing is really wrong with thing by not doing a damm thing!!

Have you ever run conduit on a scissor lift? There is not alot of room for movement. You have to keep your 10 foot sticks of conduit, couplings, connectors, straps, Cordless hammerdrill, reg drill, and metal saw on it. Also your bender. Then you have to go in between the other trades racks, pipes, ductwork half the time.

The lift is aprox 8 ft long by 2 ft wide.

So other than bending over for material and tools, and reaching up........No there is not alot of movement.

Working on a open parking sctructure is fun.

Korndogg
02-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Have you ever run conduit on a scissor lift? There is not alot of room for movement. You have to keep your 10 foot sticks of conduit, couplings, connectors, straps, Cordless hammerdrill, reg drill, and metal saw on it. Also your bender. Then you have to go in between the other trades racks, pipes, ductwork half the time.

The lift is aprox 8 ft long by 2 ft wide.

So other than bending over for material and tools, and reaching up........No there is not alot of movement.

Working on a open parking sctructure is fun.

exactly. There is no room to move around. I put a piece of drywall on the floor of the lift just so I had some kind of insulation between my feet and the lift. It actually worked pretty well. And then on top of that Im putting up cold steel pipe or copper. And Im not going to buy $1000 worth of hand warmers just to keep me warm for the winter either.

Lash
02-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Cordless hammerdrill, .

Lucky bastard!

nismodave
02-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Lucky bastard!

LOL....Yea Im so lucky.

Dude...Your sig is giving me seizures....:durr

Korndogg
02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
no really you are lucky lol. I can never find an open cord in that place.

nismodave
02-03-2007, 11:27 AM
no really you are lucky lol. I can never find an open cord in that place.

Where you workin?

Lash
02-03-2007, 01:17 PM
We are both working at the Wheaton Fransiscan Hospital they are putting up off of 27th and Ryan.
300 power tools running off of one 4 outlet box...we'll...maybe not that many but you get the point :thumbsup

Cjburn
02-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I always laugh when people tell me to "keep warm." It's really not that funny, and warm isn't something you can do when you run a route out of a 18ft box truck.

Berettaspeed
02-03-2007, 05:54 PM
the cold is great. i love watching all the idiots with thin jackets and running to their cars... people live in wisconsin and don't have warm clothes?? there is no excuse for that... no bitching ppl.. we live in wisconsin.... it helps to have the HD heater from canada though....hehe instaheat baby..