PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Driver Job Opening

DirtyMax
01-31-2007, 09:27 AM
My company is hiring a delivery driver. It must be a pretty decent job because people don't turn over in these positions very often. If you are going to apply, let me know and I can try to put in a good word. Just make sure you aren't a douchebag if I stick my neck out for you. Our drivers are the face of our company so they command strong Customer Service skills. No CDL is necessary.

Link:

http://corpexp.kenexa.com/corpexp/cc/CCJobDetailAction.ss?command=CCViewDetail&job_REQUISITION_NUMBER=80788

88Nightmare
01-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I like job, but no engleesh very well, what to do?

Car Guy
01-31-2007, 12:35 PM
I like job, but no engleesh very well, what to do?

:goof :goof :goof

pOrk
01-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Is this straight truck non air-brake or do they train for CDL? I don't think my driving record is good enough either way, just interested.

Nix
01-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Lifting requirements, I'm curious about how much you are suppose to be able to lift? I didn't see any in the ad. Also do you have any idea about the starting pay?

DirtyMax
01-31-2007, 02:44 PM
It's a diesel cube-truck no air-brake type of vehicle so no CDL is or will be required. They have you go do a DOT physical and DMV record check. I think the physical requires you to lift up to 50 lbs. but I doubt you'd have to lift anything that heavy on the job very often. The heaviest item we sell on a normal bases is probably cases of copy paper and you have a hand dolly if you have to move more than one of those...

If I had to guess, I'd say the pay starts in the $12-$14 range.

pOrk
01-31-2007, 02:57 PM
DOT Physical is just a cough cough test and they run your license to make sure its valid, I just had one of those a few months ago. Is stays clean record, how clean do they want it to be? I have 4 tickets in the last 5 years, 3 for speeding.

DirtyMax
01-31-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm gonna say that will probably not place you at the front of the applicant pool, but as long as it's not been revoked recently, it doesn't disqualify you per say.

JC70SS
01-31-2007, 10:52 PM
how about felonies? No, not me, a friend who is about 50 is looking for a job but has a felony. Just trying to help him out.