PDA

View Full Version : yet ANOTHER phone scam.....

67-400
01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Found this on www.jsonline.com

Scam Artists = :chair: :flipoff2: :fire :chair: :flipoff2: :fire

A state group that raises money to memorialize officers killed in the line of duty issued a scam alert today, saying any telephone solicitations on behalf of the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Memorial are bogus.

The group, which maintains the state memorial to slain officers and assists agencies and families when an officer is killed, is asking anyone who is solicited by phone to collect as much information as possible during the call and report it to their local police and the memorial association.

"WLEM does not do any fund-raising over the telephone," said Greenfield Police Chief Francis Springob, who sits on the Memorial's board of directors. "It's really unfortunate that legitimate charities are made victims of these scam operations."

The association issued a statement today saying "Any call asking for money for the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Memorial is a fraud and illegal."

Information about the calls should be forwarded to Wisconsin Law Enforcement Memorial Inc. at 608-284-6175 or wlem@wlem.com.

Nix
01-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Its too bad that these pieces of shit are all over. If anyone ever calls me looking for donation I would ask for proof of it being legit and to send me some literature that I can verify with my own eyes. People who buy into stuff like this (donating money) over the phone kind of deserve to be taken advantage of. IF you don't have enough common sense to ask for proof of the charity its going towards then just give me your money.

Now on the other hand if you do this with a specific charity on a regular basis then by all means do it over the phone if you are comfortable with that.

Stupid people are a scam artists best friend.:durr

GTSLOW
01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Its too bad that these pieces of shit are all over. If anyone ever calls me looking for donation I would ask for proof of it being legit and to send me some literature that I can verify with my own eyes.

I would ask for their address. Then the BCM mob can make a stop :thumbsup

Nix
01-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Double post by my dumbass.

Nix
01-26-2007, 02:42 PM
I would ask for their address. Then the BCM mob can make a stop :thumbsup

I do like that idea very much, time for a beat down! :chair: :rolf

67-400
01-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Double post by my dumbass.

Double post, point out the first one, Mr. Inch High Private Douche-bag

Nix
01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Double post, point out the first one, Mr. Inch High Private Douche-bag

Are you a fuking tool? I said that "I" DOUBLE POSTED! Look at the times on my 2 posts. Times are 2:41 and 2:42 you fuking twit.:flipoff2:

GTSLOW
01-26-2007, 06:31 PM
This could get interesting.

:popcorn