PDA

View Full Version : Rare Shark

Silver350
01-24-2007, 03:08 PM
This think is freaky looking but was interesting so I thought I would pass the story on.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/01/24/shark.japan.reut/index.html

RanJer
01-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Damn that thing is crazy looking. Neat find.

Karps TA
01-24-2007, 03:18 PM
And as usual whenever we find rare creature it ends up dead.

xxsn0blindxx
01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Whoa that thing looks like an alien. I'd freak right out if I saw that thing in the water.

Flight_740
01-24-2007, 03:31 PM
There is no way I would EVER swim with that ugly thing. i would be scared sh!tless if that thing swam by me.

Anakonda69
01-24-2007, 03:55 PM
sweet...cool looking sharks...sharks are great

Prince Valiant
01-24-2007, 04:24 PM

What's this supposed to mean?

Something tells me that the creature was suffering the effects of sickness and disease, and hence why it was in shallow water disoriented and dying.

As a matter of fact, the article even states this:

"We think it may have come close to the surface because it was sick, or else it was weakened because it was in shallow waters," the official said.It was a rare opportunity to actually to study a living specimen, albiet, a dying one.

It was likely obvious that it was dying, so why not bring it back to the aquarium? This way, when it did die, they'd have access to a relatively intact specimen to study, as opposed to the decaying ones they only likely encounter anyways.

But your statement above only sounds all too much like the cheesy nature flicks that intones, "the most dangerous predator....MAN!" Kind of just taking the opportunity to feel morally superior to others.

Korndogg
01-24-2007, 04:26 PM

they are only rare because we dont see them. And they die because in order to see them they are out of their habitat. It was probably sick or weak and then the lack of pressure from not being deep probably finished it off.

nismodave
01-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Good Find.......+1

BigSnailBuick
01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
I wanna see a giant squid alive, those are also rarely seen. All the huge cool stuff lives wayy down at the bottom :crying

Heat Seeker WS6
01-24-2007, 04:55 PM
they are only rare because we dont see them. And they die because in order to see them they are out of their habitat. It was probably sick or weak and then the lack of pressure from not being deep probably finished it off.

Those of us who scuba dive deal with exactly the opposite, obviously we carry an artificial environment so we can survive down there. But if you return/ascend to normal pressure too quickly nitrogen gets released by your body and you suffer from "the bends" or if you surface way too fast it'll kill you- unless you happen to have a decompression chamber nearby.

Korndogg
01-24-2007, 04:57 PM
i know. I scuba dive. :) lol

Karps TA
01-24-2007, 05:39 PM
All I'm saying is everytime we find a species of something it seems like it quickly ends up dead.

That's why I hope for Nessy and Bigfoots sake we never find one. lol

I mean come on look at the footage of the aliens we found. Those ended up dead too......;)

Yooformula
01-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow that thing looked bad even when it was still alive. I think it probably got caught in a troller's net and once brought up to the surface got very sick. If they are used to being 2000ft below, the lack of pressure, heat, abundance of sunlight and different bacterias would reak havok on their bodies.