PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some filter recomendations

SSScottSS
01-24-2007, 01:35 AM
I stepped up to a DSLR camera and I need to buy a couple of circular polarizer lens filters. I was looking at them on Ebay and the prices range from $3 to $110. I don't want to buy a piece of junk filter, but at the same time I don't want to spend more then I have to either.

What brand filters are you guys using, or what brands do you suggest?

Silver350
01-24-2007, 06:57 AM
I have one but I dont remember the brand. They can be pretty expensive depending on how big your lens is. I got mine and I think I used it twice. I mainly have a UV filter to protect the lens from scratches and that is about all.

jbiscuit
01-24-2007, 07:54 AM
I have Hoyas for my lenses...you want to get a UV filter for each lens at least. Ebay is a good source. Most of the Hoyas you'll find on ebay are the import Hoyas compared to the domestic ones...no difference in quality at all. You can save a LOT of money however by buying the import ones. I spent I think $90 on one from B&H and the same filter on ebay was $40. A circular polarizing filter is a great addition also if you shoot a lot outdoors. It can/will enhance the blue in the sky

J

SSScottSS
01-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I have 3 lenses and I alreay have UV filters on all of them. Two are Hoyas and one Merkury Optics. No prob. with any of them. I just thought the polarizers would be good for shooting pics of the kids and cars outside in the summer.