PDA

View Full Version : car insurance

88Nightmare
01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
who do you guys recommend for car insurance? I'd like decent rates, but I want good service too. I once had to file a claim a few years ago against some guy that backed into me. He had State Farm, and my car got fixed within a week. What made it take that long was the bodyshop itself, not the insurance company. Insurance company gave me money 3 days after the accident. But I hear state farm is expensive. What do you guys have?

I'm looking to have 4 cars and 3 drivers on one policy. Right now I have a $500 deductible. Full coverage on those 4 cars. What kind of policies do you guys roll with? :durr

Yooformula
01-23-2007, 09:08 PM
agreed. I am looking too, I think I can save a bit more than what I am paying with Sentry for my homeowners, life and car insurance.

GTSLOW
01-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Werd lemme know what ya'll find :D

modmachz
01-23-2007, 09:18 PM
agreed. I am looking too, I think I can save a bit more than what I am paying with Sentry for my homeowners, life and car insurance.

call accuity on janesville rd in muskego and talk to angela..I pulled all my insurance from American family, what a bunch of ass jerks..I had several people switch to them..Very good rates..
Donny..

BadAzzGTA89
01-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I say State Farm FTW!
I have them for full house and auto and health!
My agent is Joe Harrings (414)431-2981 on Portwashington RD

Firefighter Z
01-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I have State Farm and I only pay $78 a month Full coverage.

I could have gotten both of my cars, the Impala and the Camaro Z28 both with full coverage for $90 a month. But the Camaro is gonna be a summer car (will be insured in summer) so I optied not to cover both.

If you wanna know who my agent is just let me know.

03CVLX
01-23-2007, 09:28 PM
My policy is thru Secura Insurance. The local Insurance agent is Starr Insurance 414-421-3800. Give them a shot. They work with a bunch of other companies also. They usually shop around for the best rates

I am on one big policy with my parents yet, so the numbers are a little warped. I pay $580.00 per year for my Crown Victoria.

SSDude
01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Shopping insurance my favorite thing to do. You can spend hours on the phone looking for a better deal but ya got to do it. Nothing sucks worse than paying in excess.
I would never recommend African Family to anyone not ever my worse enemy.
I've been with Farmers for quite a few years. Rates seem fare but i got to shop them and see if someone can do better.

Yooformula
01-23-2007, 09:31 PM
What is so bad about American Family? We used to go through them (office in hales corners) and they were awesome. I only left because we moved into Milw and they werent able to give me a good enough rate.

nismodave
01-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Im so screwed on my INSURANCE.

Damn driving an unregistered car tickets.

VroomPshhTsi
01-23-2007, 09:36 PM
American Family was cool with me until I got in my accident and because the other driver had AF too they decided not to investigate cuz it's cheaper to pay for a saturn than a Talon TSi :flipoff2:

88Nightmare
01-23-2007, 09:37 PM
yeah we might go check out State Farm. Anyone ever deal with Amica? My mother had Amica insurance since she started driving back in like 1972, and in 2003 they dropped her because of my brothers crappy drivers record. They said since he lives in the household, its too big of a risk. He wasn't driving any of the insured vehicles. He had his own car, titled in his own name. Didn't matter to them. After 30 years, they dropped us like a sack of potatos. Been with AAA insurance. Customer service sucks, we were not happy with how they handled our last claim. In the past 35 years of my mothers driving, she only had to file 2 insurance claims, and neither one were her fault. Since I've been driving, I've filed 2 insurance claims, one at fault, one not.

DCDZ28
01-24-2007, 05:50 AM
I went with country insurance for my home and auto insurance several years ago when living in IL and have been very pleased with them. They have great service and the rates are good. When I moved back to WI from IL I was happy to find out that they now are able to sell insurance in WI and have local agents here.

I did have to make a homeowners and auto claim with them due to a hail storm a couple years ago. When it came to assessing the damage they were the fastest compared to my neighbors and they even wrote out a check on the spot. My rates have not gone up significantly due to it.

Check into them... http://www.countryfinancial.com/

Anakonda69
01-24-2007, 03:58 PM
i have state farm and they are great...good rates quick response for service....no complaints from me

SSDude
01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
What is so bad about American Family? We used to go through them (office in hales corners) and they were awesome. I only left because we moved into Milw and they werent able to give me a good enough rate.

I and other people i know have had bad experiences with African Family. I had a couple of claims in a two year period all of which i wasn't at fault and the fact that i was with them for the prevoius 15 years with no claims made no difference to them when they dropped us. If you have a bit of bad luck and need to use your insurance don't count on them to be there for you.
Aside from that their rates are higher than other companies that take better care of their clients.:fire
If you have a few claims in a short period of time i recommend going somewere else before you get dropped as it's a ***** to find another comany once you've been dropped.

Max 93
01-24-2007, 04:15 PM
call accuity on janesville rd in muskego and talk to angela..I pulled all my insurance from American family, what a bunch of ass jerks..I had several people switch to them..Very good rates..
Donny..

I have been insured through them for 15yrs. I have no complaints.

DirtyMax
01-24-2007, 10:39 PM
My AmFam agent has kept me there for 7 yrs. Went there based on a referral and haven't left. I've called for quotes elsewhere and they can't touch my rates. I pay ~$160 per month for (2) 2006 vehicles, 2 newer ATV's, a 32' RV, and my house. She's located on National Ave. in New Berlin. Shoot me a PM if you want her # cuz I don't want to advertise...

Yooformula
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
J, is your house located in Milwaukee? I was told living in milw caused my rates to jump.

Slow Joe
01-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I have American Family... no complaints here... I am looking for better rates but havn't found 'em yet...

DirtyMax
01-24-2007, 11:06 PM
J, is your house located in Milwaukee? I was told living in milw caused my rates to jump.

Yeah, I'm in Milwaukee. Stallica at one end of the block, Greenfield on the other...

Moving to Milwaukee was a small jump from Jefferson County where we last lived. Not terrible though... less than 5% I'd gather.

GRAMPS SS
01-25-2007, 08:43 AM
i have SAFECO through MIDTOWN INSURENCE in Brookfield...multi car and multi drivers...been with them for years ..not a single complaint about them.....ask for sandy......
STAY away from PROGRESSIVE....they are the worse when it comes to getting your car fixed or any other claims you have...i have friends in the auto collision biz and they all say they are the worse.....call midtown....they may work for ya....we have had 4 cars at one time and all with them, including my SS...the rates are great.....they didn't bend me over.....just my 2 cents worth

penji04
01-25-2007, 06:33 PM
One more for American family they've treated me very good.

Arigmaster
01-26-2007, 02:32 PM
I used to have Acuity Insurance up untill the Wife and Daughter were T-boned on I-43 & Good Hope Rd.

The Daughter was in the passenger seat and ended up in a coma for a couple days.

The company who we had been with for 10 years or so only paid 14,000.00 for the car (32,000 miles & 2 years old for a 28,000.00 car) and then is still trying to get out of most of the medical bills.

They dropped us right after the accident. 1st claim ever!!! Bastages!

http://preview.abrown937.photosite.com/~photos/tn/8059020_348.ts1169842870000.jpg

http://preview.abrown937.photosite.com/~photos/tn/8058976_348.ts1169842767000.jpg

We are with Badger Mutual now...