PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Beer.

PureSound15
01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm the kinda guy that would rather drink less, but drink a beer that actually tastes like beer. My favorite to date is Spotted Cow... however I'm always open to trying new things.

What do you guys suggest? I tried New Castle Brown Ale last night and from what I gather, the taste was somewhat similar to scrotum. But I've been told I should have had it while it was warm, rather than cold.

Any other Micro-brews that you guys would suggest?

SSDude
01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm the kinda guy that would rather drink less, but drink a beer that actually tastes like beer. My favorite to date is Spotted Cow... however I'm always open to trying new things.

What do you guys suggest? I tried New Castle Brown Ale last night and from what I gather, the taste was somewhat similar to scrotum. But I've been told I should have had it while it was warm, rather than cold.

Any other Micro-brews that you guys would suggest?

New Castle Tastes like What?

Spotted Cow is good. Tyrenena makes some good brews as well.

Korndogg
01-23-2007, 06:12 PM
taste alot of scrotum?

I usually stick with the normal Miller choices but I tend to try new kinds alot.

GTSLOW
01-23-2007, 06:42 PM
New Castle Tastes like What?

:rolf I'm trying to figure that one out still too. :rolf

PureSound15
01-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Nevermind, I just found out why my New Castle was bad... it was REALLY old, which explains the mild skunkyness, I'll give it a second chance. :goof

PureSound15
01-23-2007, 06:57 PM
taste alot of scrotum?

I usually stick with the normal Miller choices but I tend to try new kinds alot.

I had to pick something that most of you nutswingers could relate to :rolf :rolf

Reverend Cooper
01-23-2007, 07:19 PM
i like makers mark and buffalo trace

Neal Steffek
01-23-2007, 07:43 PM
211 FTW!

BadAzzGTA89
01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Sailor Jerry's FTW 92 proof:thumbsup

Teufelhunden
01-23-2007, 08:04 PM
I like all the beers that Lakefront serves during their brewery tour. I love that place...

xxsn0blindxx
01-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm big fan of good beers. The best way to find good beers is to try anything you haven't tried before and keep a mental note of what you liked and didn't like and seek out beers that of the same type. There's a Sendik's down North Ave. somewhere near 80th street that has an awesome selection of beers and they let you do a mix and match make your own six pack. I highly recommend going there an checking it out. While you're in the area stop by Ray's liquor too, just a few blocks west. Below are my personal reccomendations.

-Spatten anything, they're all good, but I really like Optimator the best.
-Beamish or Boddingtons, if you like Guinness you'll love these
-New Glarus Totally Naked
-Bel's Oberon
-Delirium Tremens/Noel/Nocturnum all three are excellent beers, a bit pricey but very worth it
- Erdinger anything, they're all good
-When in season I try to get all of the various octoberfest beers I can get my hands on, I've never had a bad octoberfest beer

There's tons more, I'm just drawing blanks right now. Like I said, go buy a bunch of make your own six packs and try as much as you can. Be warned, once you get hooked on good beer it will be hard to drink corporate ballwash like miller and budweiser. I'm heading out to the liquor store to get some beer, thanks a lot.

PureSound15
01-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Good post man!

I'm going to try Totally Naked tonight. There is a pizza place called Old Chicago up here in Green Bay that has 101 beers on tap, thats where I have been doing my taste testing, as well as making my own six packs.

Has anyone had Linies Cherry Wheat?

turbogarrett
01-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Nevermind, I just found out why my New Castle was bad... it was REALLY old, which explains the mild skunkyness, I'll give it a second chance. :goof

UGHH, DOOKIE CASTLE!:puke

While I have never had "scrotum", that is what I would imagine it tastes like:goof

There are few beers that make my stomach upset just thinking about, like shitcastle. There are 2 bottles of it in my fridge, left over from our new years party, feel free to pick them up!

rally_scort
01-23-2007, 10:44 PM
mmmm miller lite bottles FTW :thumbsup

lasttimearound
01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
I personally love Erdinger, all of them. Also Spatten and the Delirium Tremens

PureSound15
01-23-2007, 11:34 PM
mmmm miller lite bottles FTW :thumbsup

I have no idea how people can HONESTLY like miller lite, especially if they have ever had a good beer. Hell, even if you've had a becks, you've had a beer much more worth drinking than Miller lite.

I can understand if you're just looking to get drunk, or a cheapass. But It takes me 5 or 6 bottles of Miller Lite to even feel a buzz, 3 spotted cows do the trick and taste good on the way down.

Just my $.02

PB86MCSS
01-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Wasn't there a thread like this recently?

Boddingtons on tap is splendid :D. For nice beers, although not fancy or hard to find, Blue Moon, most Leinie flavors do the trick for me.

And whoever can't appreciate the cheap crappy beers is no friend of mine, such greats as Pabst, Blatz, Schlitz, Milwaukees Best :).

Neal Steffek
01-24-2007, 12:03 AM
I have no idea how people can HONESTLY like miller lite, especially if they have ever had a [B]good[B] beer. Hell, even if you've had a becks, you've had a beer much more worth drinking than Miller lite.

I can understand if you're just looking to get drunk, or a cheapass. But It takes me 5 or 6 bottles of Miller Lite to even feel a buzz, 3 spotted cows do the trick and taste good on the way down.

Just my $.02

This makes no sense. You contradicted yourself here big time. But either way, Miller Lite is a good beer. It is smooth and can find it anywhere.

xxsn0blindxx
01-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Good post man!

I'm going to try Totally Naked tonight. There is a pizza place called Old Chicago up here in Green Bay that has 101 beers on tap, thats where I have been doing my taste testing, as well as making my own six packs.

Has anyone had Linies Cherry Wheat?

That place sounds awesome. I have not had the cherry wheat, in fact I don't think I've ever seen it in the store before. I really like Leinie's Sunset Wheat and Apple Spice. BTW you can add Paulaner to the list, I forgot about that one until I went to the store and bought a sixer.

I'll drink miller lite if I'm dieting or if its what's there, but I find that it just isn't satisfying. I can drink a whole six pack of miller lite and not be as satisfied as I am with two or three good beers. I'm not talking about getting drunk, just at the end of the day and you feel like a beer, a good quality beer is like the difference between a microwave dinner versus a nice thick steak.

PureSound15
01-24-2007, 12:30 AM
This makes no sense. You contradicted yourself here big time. But either way, Miller Lite is a good beer. It is smooth and can find it anywhere.

How so? I don't understand what you mean. If I had to drink a light beer, I'd drink Miller Lite. What I meant was, there is no time that I will ever chose a Miller Lite over a Spotted Cow or Blue Moon.

PureSound15
01-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Wasn't there a thread like this recently?

Boddingtons on tap is splendid :D. For nice beers, although not fancy or hard to find, Blue Moon, most Leinie flavors do the trick for me.

And whoever can't appreciate the cheap crappy beers is no friend of mine, such greats as Pabst, Blatz, Schlitz, Milwaukees Best :).

There was a thread kinda like it now that I think about it, but I didn't remember what forum it was on, my bad.

theavenger333
01-24-2007, 12:45 AM
lots of stuff from the Port Washington brewery is good. I have tried most of the New Glarus products, they're all different, the Squirrel one is good. Leine's Honey Weiss, Lakefronts are good. if you are really reaching, almost ANY of the microbrews out in Colorado are awesome. i can't rememeber it's name to save my soul, but there is a larger one in Steamboat Springs, i had one of their holiday sampler packs, it was all good.

Neal Steffek
01-24-2007, 01:59 AM
How so? I don't understand what you mean. If I had to drink a light beer, I'd drink Miller Lite. What I meant was, there is no time that I will ever chose a Miller Lite over a Spotted Cow or Blue Moon.

Well, you say drink lite if you just want to get drunk, then you said right after that it doesn't get you buzzed. It just reads funny.

PureSound15
01-24-2007, 02:46 AM
Well, you say drink lite if you just want to get drunk, then you said right after that it doesn't get you buzzed. It just reads funny.

I meant that if I were to drink for the purpose of just being drunk, I'd drink a cheaper beer that I wasn't going to drink slow and enjoy. On the polar and more common end I ususally only have 1 or 2 beers, so I'd rather spend a bit more and have something that tastes good :)

SSDude
01-24-2007, 04:56 AM
The Landmark, a bar near the airport on Howell Ave has a awsome selection of beers on tap. Also Benno's in White Allis has about 30 micro's on tap.:thumbsup

jbiscuit
01-24-2007, 07:41 AM
OOoo my kind of topic! Nice work Ryan!

Some I'd like to suggest:

Capital Amber
Capital Island Wheat (goood stuff!)
Tyranena Stone Tepee Pale Ale
Leinies Creamy Dark (love the stuff!)
Milwaukee Ale House Louie's Demise (one of my favoites....Discount Liquor on Oklahoma has 6-packs of it)
a few beers from the Great Dane in Madison are good also

Neal Steffek
01-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Also Benno's in White Allis has about 30 micro's on tap.:thumbsup

Benno's is freak'n awesome!

rally_scort
01-24-2007, 11:12 AM
i had a few leinnies apple spice bottles last nite.Not a bad beer, but too tasty for my own good.I felt like i was cheating myself by drinking a good tasting beer when all i wanted to do was get smashed.

77thor
01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm BEER.

RanJer
01-24-2007, 12:17 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/suprajer/pbarmylogo.jpg

FTW!!

Otherwise I like the Lakefront stuff, Pilsner Urquell, and Red Stripe

BadAzzGTA89
01-24-2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.bobsliberace.com/archive/advert/adimage/blatz.jpg