PDA

View Full Version : Don't Steal a Ford Truck...

Al
01-22-2007, 10:49 PM
http://www.komoradio.com/news/5277881.html

Man clubs thief with trowel from bed of truck traveling 70 mph
LAKE STEVENS, Wash. - A good Samaritan who stopped to help a car accident victim was nearly punished for his good deed when that accident victim tried to run off with his truck. But it turned out, the car thief had picked the wrong guy.

Clint Lucas of Lake Stevens was driving in Bothell when he saw a car spin out of control and crash into a ditch.

He stopped to see if everyone was OK. But that's when the driver got out and jumped in Clint's new $40,000 Ford truck.

In an instant, Lucas decided no one was going to steal his truck.

"You know I work really hard for the stuff I have," he said. "And I wasn't going to stand by and watch my brand new truck get stolen for no reason. I was trying to help the guy and that's how he repaid me."

So he ran after it and jumped in the back bed.

"And I didn't know how to get him to stop. So my reaction was to kick in the back window," he said.

Lucas, a construction project manager, used his steel-toed boots to break the window while the runaway driver swerved back and forth to try and knock him out of the truck.

"I had some construction plans in the back and I tried to get him to stop by hitting him with them through the back window," he said.

As speeds reached 70 miles per hour, Lucas grabbed a trowel from a bucket of cement and started clubbing the truck thief.

"I think that scared him more than anything, so he stopped the truck at that point," Lucas said.

The frightened driver started running on foot with Lucas right on his heels.

"I ran over and I tackled him to the ground and made sure I had him subdued, while a couple other gentlemen helped me get some zip ties on him," he said.

Lucas and two witnesses zip-tied the suspect and held him until cops arrived.

The truck is now in the shop and Lucas has a message for the man who tried to steal it.

"Don't take a guy's Ford pickup again," he said, "you don't know what's going to happen."

It turns out the runaway driver was wanted on arrested warrants and parole violations. He is in police custody.

88Nightmare
01-22-2007, 11:14 PM
damn. I guess if you dont have Onstar to help you with theft recovery you have to result to extreme measures :D Good story though. Way to whoop some ass!

2SLOW
01-23-2007, 09:14 AM
+1 for the good guy nice to here he kicked that guys ass!

Cryptic
01-23-2007, 10:18 AM
he's lucky it was just a trowel and not a hammer or a cordless sawzaw

GTSLOW
01-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Thats classic!! :wtf is a trowel?

84hurst
01-23-2007, 12:38 PM

it's a small shovel :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
01-23-2007, 07:15 PM
he should have taken a steel toe boot to his head

BadAzzGTA89
01-23-2007, 08:30 PM

Not a shovel it's used to finish concrete!
the other spade is used for a mason!

BadAzzGTA89
01-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Luky for the bad guy he didn't have a sledge hammer in the back talk about a TKO!!!