PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobilers

whistlin six
01-21-2007, 03:12 PM
6" fresh!
The trails are finally open, time to load up the sled.
Anybody else going out?

I'll be on the Bug Line in Washington Co. later.

u_say_go
01-21-2007, 03:29 PM
I just strapped the sled down onto the trailer, I'll be heading out around 5pm in west bend, starting right behind Stocky's.

sloLs1
01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
just got back... did a little riding in racine co. trails for once weren't beat to sh!t!!! it was not cold and turned out to be a nice ride!:thumbsup

will be heading out again, tuesday afternoon... anyone in the area wanna go for a ride???

DCDZ28
01-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Had plans to go out today but had to fix my snowmobile instead.:fire
As I was moving it out of the garage I turned the handlebars and the skis didn't follow. So now I have to replace the steering arm before I can ride. Of coarse the dealers are closed today too! :mad:

Josepy
01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
sold my sled last week. i sold it for double what i paid for it 2 weeks ago. so not all is lost.

whistlin six
01-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Had plans to go out today but had to fix my snowmobile instead.:fire
As I was moving it out of the garage I turned the handlebars and the skis didn't follow. So now I have to replace the steering arm before I can ride. Of coarse the dealers are closed today too! :mad:

Good thing that happened in the driveway and not out on the trails:stare

Trails were pretty decent tonight, it felt good to get out on the machine.
Supposed to head out again tomorrow afternoon with a few people.

DCDZ28
01-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Good thing that happened in the driveway and not out on the trails

No kidding!
I am thankful that I noticed the problem before going out. Otherwise that could have been dangerous!:eek:

We're supposed to go up north next weekend (if there is enough snow)
That would have definately ruined the trip!

Breecher_7
01-22-2007, 07:41 AM
I think ill be going snowboarding instead, have fun on the trails!!!!

badass88gt
01-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Man, I need to come down there to ride. We got jackshit for snow up here. I doubt trails will open at all.

indyzmike
01-22-2007, 09:26 AM
That would have definately ruined the trip!

Like when my Indy 400 suddenly lost power and stopped in the middle of upper Michigan a few years ago. PTO bearings.

DCDZ28
01-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Been there myself. Blew my ZR 600 up while on a trail a couple of years ago.

Apparently one of the coolant hoses rubbed against something and wore a hole in it. It happened to be on the underside of the motor so when it leaked out there was no steam or smell of burning coolant. Also the temp sensor got disconnected and did not turn the light on. Blew the motor good!
Replaced both pistons, rings and jugs to get it running again.

u_say_go
01-22-2007, 08:57 PM
took the 8yr old and 9yr old out yesterday for the first time, had a blast!! The trails were MINT! Came over the top of a hill and almost tagged a big buck, he was standing broadside right on the trail for about 2 minutes then just walked off, my daughter was in awe, it was great.
Hopefully heading out again Thursday or Friday if anyone is interested.