PDA

View Full Version : Summit = WOW

awsomeears
01-18-2007, 07:52 PM
3 days ago I purchased a port and polish kit, arrived on my door step today. I opened it up and theres a Free very nice hat, stickers and there catalog.

Holly shit this has been the quickest package ever delivered to me.

Anyone else have great experiance with them ?

:thumbsup

88Nightmare
01-18-2007, 07:53 PM
yup. first time customers get that.

88Nightmare
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
and for the record, every experience Ive had with summit has left me feeling pleased. I ordered a roll bar for my truck and it came with free offroad lights, when I opened the offroad lights, one of the lenses was completely shattered from shipping. granted they were free lights, I would have let it go, but I called them to inform them, and they heavily apologized and sent new lights out immediately, got em in 2 days. thought it was great.

Brian98GTP
01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Nothing but great service and quick shipping with all of my purchases too.

Berettaspeed
01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
they have always been fast for me as well.

Karps TA
01-18-2007, 08:15 PM
After the first 25 hats I got I wished they'd just lower the "handling" fee and keep the hats.

Between them and Jegs I could outfit the entire National League with baseball hats.

UnderPSI
01-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Yea, they are really fast with shipping, I would have to agree with the hats though. Kinda neat the first couple, then you just start giving them to goodwill

nismodave
01-18-2007, 10:17 PM
I never got a hat.........Just Stickers and Catalogs for years.

Super fast shipping tho.

UnderPSI
01-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I probably have a few if you want them. Got a buch of yellow jegs ones too.

theavenger333
01-18-2007, 11:25 PM
always fast, always good customer service. i too have gotten hats and stickers with every order. one time i ordered two different gauges separatly. hat and stickers in both. sent one back for a return, got another hat with stickers. was missing one of the wiring harnesses for the gauge, they send it in the big box, another hat, stickers. too bad adjustables don't fit on my big dome.

88Nightmare
01-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I never got a hat from jegs. those bastards.

Crawlin
01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
amazingly, i have a couple bad stories of sending wrong parts compared to what was ordered, "just so i could have something" but then have to pay to ship it back, and then have to wait longer while they already have my money till the RIGHT part comes in.

i stay local now since most of the time i can get it next day for the same price from the guys at Fast Times. As long as it's in the warehouse

88Nightmare
01-18-2007, 11:57 PM
hmm, Ive never had that. when my shit was broken, they told me to just put it in the box, tape it closed and leave it on the porch and UPS would pick it up, I didnt have to pay anything or take it anywhere to send it back. And my new parts arrived 1 day before UPS came to pickup the old box.

Crawlin
01-19-2007, 12:03 AM
this was mid/late 90's.... just left a sour taste, so i stick with local like fast times. nice to order parts from the people you race with. end up helping you out down the road with advice on car setup. i've done a couple things through jeg's. but if it's something special, one of the sponsors of the LS1 boards usually have group purchases.

sorry for the hijack

88Nightmare
01-19-2007, 12:11 AM
oh yeah for sure, I understand. I had just ordered something I probably could have ordered from ultimate truck, but they are usually overpriced.

Prescott
01-19-2007, 03:01 AM
Ordered 1/2 alum. fuel line from summit. I open the box. It's 3/8 alum. fuel line.
I call to send it back. They say "oh, just keep it. we'll have the right stuff sent out today"
2 days later it's all good.
gotta love summit.
never had a problem with jegs either but all the hats get old.
now if they sent mechanics gloves it'd be a different story.

Car Guy
01-19-2007, 07:51 AM
this was mid/late 90's.... just left a sour taste, so i stick with local like fast times. nice to order parts from the people you race with. end up helping you out down the road with advice on car setup. i've done a couple things through jeg's. but if it's something special, one of the sponsors of the LS1 boards usually have group purchases.

sorry for the hijack

I know exactly from my own experience what you went through! I can't tell you how many times I called back to Summit and/or Jegs to tell them that it was the wrong part or it didn't fit correctly. Never got anywhere with 'tech help' and just ended up going through the hassle of sending the parts back a bunch of times only to get the SAME ones back!

Just buy local, usually you'll get a better price (or the same) but in the case of something not being right all you do is drive to 92nd & Lincoln and say "this sh*t ain't right". Then you just wait for the right parts to come in, ususally the next day or two......

It's so much easier......

WilliamZ
01-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I have always had good luck with them too.

badass88gt
01-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Ive had better luck with Jegs. I always get stuff in 2 days from either place, I wonder why that is? I once ordered online at like 1am on a late Wed. night(Early Thurs. morning) and had the stuff Friday afternoon. That was sweet.

I prefer Jegs because, for me anyway, they always use FedEx instead of UPS, adn FedEx has free Saturday, where it was always extra from Summit through UPS.

Crawlin
01-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I prefer Jegs because, for me anyway, they always use FedEx instead of UPS, adn FedEx has free Saturday, where it was always extra from Summit through UPS.

now THAT is good to know!!

Karps TA
01-19-2007, 09:37 AM
The only complaint I have with either is the handling charge. It's great when you buy $1000 worth of stuff and only pay $8. But it sucks when you buy a $2 item and pay the $8.

I've ordered probably 200 times between the 2 of them and never had a problem. The one time I ordered the wrong part it was handled quickly.

If theres anyplace that drives me nuts it's Classic Industries. Seems like they never have anything in stock. Every order I place, especially when they have a 15% off coupon sale, ends up on backorder. They never keep you informed, and they take forever to refill their stock. I waited 3 months on some weatherstripping once.

Slow Joe
01-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Hrmm I've had good luck wit Summit thus far... Then again all I've ordered were some lugnuts... :rolf :rolf I still got stickers though... No hat :(