PDA

View Full Version : Gldw = Nhra

Bee
01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
this was discussed a bit on the GLDW forum..

if this is true then all you mid 11-high 11 sec. cars better have full roll cages at least 8point-10point. i believe this includes the hoop over the driver/passenger where it finally goes thru the top dash and then to the floor... and includes the side beams too where you need to step over when getting into your seat.. this is going to be a big hassle, but safety first...:thumbsup I am sure there's different rules, etc...too, but this one is probably the first to be looked at..:goof no cage no runs!!!

if GLDW truly abides by NHRA rules, it's going to be very strict!!! but good for all!! :thumbsup

what other things will be changed???

juicedimpss
01-18-2007, 10:47 AM
a basic 6pt will cover most cars here,there is no need for a 10pt cage for a 11.50 car.

jbiscuit
01-18-2007, 10:50 AM
whew, thank god. Not sure how I was going to fit all my groceries in the back

Bee
01-18-2007, 10:53 AM
a basic 6pt will cover most cars here,there is no need for a 10pt cage for a 11.50 car.

did you check NHRA site??? j/c

I'm doing a 10point regardless for single digits runs so didn't check for whether a 6pt or 8pt....:goof

Bee
01-18-2007, 10:55 AM
whew, thank god. Not sure how I was going to fit all my groceries in the back

exactly! most street cars that don't have them will need them now even when you barely see 11sec :wow get them done!!!

juicedimpss
01-18-2007, 11:21 AM
for those wondering what requirements they need to meet.
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/tech_faq.html

Prescott
01-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Another interesting little rule change is the tail light rule.
All cars have to have at least one working tail light and it must be on at all times, day or night.
No tail light, no run. Doesn't matter if it's the middle of a bright, shiney day.
I couldn't find it in the 07 S/C rule book I have but that's what I was told by Russ.

EVIL AWD
01-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Another interesting little rule change is the tail light rule.
All cars have to have at least one working tail light and it must be on at all times, day or night.
No tail light, no run. Doesn't matter if it's the middle of a bright, shiney day.
I couldn't find it in the 07 S/C rule book I have but that's what I was told by Russ.

Now that's WIERD! I've been going to NHRA tracks for years and unless this is something new for 2007 there is no such rule. I haven't checked the 2007 revisions yet. Maybe this is something GLD is doing on their own. :confused

Prescott
01-19-2007, 02:52 AM
The taillight rule was something Russ told me at the WoW show.
A tail light at night has always been a rule as far as I can recall but it on all the time seems overkill.
Russ said even after he passed the tech inspector test for the NHRA he recieved another book, the size of the original rule book, with just revisions to the first printing of the 07 rule book. Sounds like the line at tech is going to be long and slow on opening day.

bearsek
01-20-2007, 02:39 PM
The taillight rule was something Russ told me at the WoW show.
A tail light at night has always been a rule as far as I can recall but it on all the time seems overkill.
Russ said even after he passed the tech inspector test for the NHRA he recieved another book, the size of the original rule book, with just revisions to the first printing of the 07 rule book. Sounds like the line at tech is going to be long and slow on opening day.

Sweet thanks prescott, i wouldn't want to lose to you cus i didn't have a light, how light is your new car and or will it be ready for this year, i have alot of fab work in progress to keep in competition with ya.:headbang

Prescott
01-20-2007, 05:26 PM
how light is your new car and or will it be ready for this year, i have alot of fab work in progress to keep in competition with ya.:headbang

I'm still working on the tin work and the rear wing and the deck lid.
The car to be ECPRA pro stock legal is a minimum weight of 1300lbs but i'm way under that. Probably come in around 1150 with me in it. I'll tack 150lbs in the nose to be legal and take it out for bracket racing.

TopStreetDsm
02-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Door bars are required in anything faster than 11.50. (Says the 2007 rule book)

In a car like a Honda, I would want as much cage as possible considering that those things crumple easier than an soda can. haha

Not a crack at anyone, just saying!

Bee
02-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Door bars are required in anything faster than 11.50. (Says the 2007 rule book)

In a car like a Honda, I would want as much cage as possible considering that those things crumple easier than an soda can. haha

Not a crack at anyone, just saying!

jake you are correct with that point about hondas. just remember how dsm's rust though... FROM INSIDE OUT!!! :wow dangerous cars ....

had a friend's DSM crash because the strut housing RUSTED through..:wow

IMO hondas are much more stable cars... get into an eclipse/talon and the car is like wiggly jiggly!!! or it could just be me....:goof

Not a crack at anyone, just saying RUST becomes of them oso quickly!!!

TopStreetDsm
02-08-2007, 08:59 PM
or it could just be me....:goof

Just you...:rolf

I think the rust issue is more on any budget racer import. Most of the kids buying these cars go and steal them from their parents after 200K miles of WI winters and start trying to race them. This doesnt boad well for anyone.

I will say in the DSM defence that anyone who has done a Honda suspension even once knows to order new rear control arm bushings and bolts if its never been replaced. In the same respect though... Most of those cars have the original shocks in them, that have the 200K like the rest of the rust box. :chair:

My specific case, I was lucky with my car. NO WINTERS! :headbang

95excoupe
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
wow heat heat heat !!:fire :fire lol dsm and hondas are good cars.