PDA

View Full Version : Hi. My name is Jason. I love my ghetto snowblower.

jbiscuit
01-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Cliff Notes:

Old school Craftsman-Tecumseh 5.25hp 22 snowblower. All beat to hell when I got it for $40. Used it during blizzard and killed it. Hours and hours later and some tuning, new belts, shear pins, lube, air in tires, skids etc and I was throwin snow this morning over 40 ft.:rolf bouncing snow off my neighbor's house in the fist pass before I realized it.

Pics to come :thumbsup

Anyone else rockin an old skool snowblower that's still runnin?

CannotPost
01-15-2007, 08:48 AM
You can let it drive it's self down the driveway! 6hp w/plug in electric start! also I got it Free.

DirtyMax
01-15-2007, 08:51 AM
I have the plow, but for those "tough to reach areas", I have a little 18" 3.5HP Ariens that just lives to spit snow. That thing has had the frame welded back together, handles refabricated, etc., and it just won't quit. My dad picked it up from the dump and welded it all back up. Little carb tune and it was ready to go!! :headbang

jbiscuit
01-15-2007, 09:13 AM
ha ha ha ha...forgot to mention that my pull start doesn't work but the electric start works like a champ and the motr likes to backfire from time to time shooting cool flames out the muffler. My GF thought I was throwing Black Cats at her this morning cuz I saw her jump a couple times :)

Undertaker
01-15-2007, 09:29 AM
I will probably be picking up an old one soon. I am pretty sure it's a Craftman too. It's gonna need some work since my grandpa hasn't used it in a few years.

jbiscuit
01-15-2007, 09:31 AM
did you get a house steve? Bring that sucker by. If its a Craftsman, I can help you if it needs anything. I had my entire snowblower apart after the last snowfall. They are REALLY easy machines to work on.

BAD LS1
01-15-2007, 09:41 AM
J if u ever need a new Briggs Snow engine replacment, come see me. Not sure how long your "cheif throwin' rod" Tecumseh SnowKing will hold out, can never be sure what the service record was prior lol

jbiscuit
01-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I will Tommy.....if the motor takes a shat, I'll call ya. The mighty Tecumseh is runnin strong right now. The lil fuk3r liked to be leaned out a bit. Like they say, lean is mean!

sacstoy02gt
01-15-2007, 10:57 AM
ha, old snowblowers rule! My old MTD kicks ass. Can't wait to get home from work today and fire it up!

http://www.isaacolson.com/web/attach/dsc03686_151.jpg

JohnnyT
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I got an old plow truck. Does that count??? :goof

Myles
01-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I got an old plow truck. Does that count??? :goof

speaking about that, my driveway needs some loving from that beater.

67-400
01-15-2007, 12:36 PM
ha, old snowblowers rule! My old MTD kicks ass. Can't wait to get home from work today and fire it up!

http://www.isaacolson.com/web/attach/dsc03686_151.jpg

Is it me or does it look like that Winnie the Pooh is hitchin a ride on that blower???? :rolf

Undertaker
01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
did you get a house steve? Bring that sucker by. If its a Craftsman, I can help you if it needs anything. I had my entire snowblower apart after the last snowfall. They are REALLY easy machines to work on.

Yeah, we got one in West Bend. Won't be moving for a few more weeks though. I didn't think I would need a snowplow this year with the way things were going.....being so mild. But if they are easy to fix, that is cool. I think bringing it over might be kinda hard.....lol. The neon doesn't have much trunk space.

sacstoy02gt
01-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Is it me or does it look like that Winnie the Pooh is hitchin a ride on that blower???? :rolf

yeah, it does. My brother picked that old beast up for me last winter(and snapped that pic for me). That's his neighbor's pooh. :D

moels
01-15-2007, 04:04 PM
I went out and fired my MTD up and made one pass before a belt broke. Dammit! Then I ran to True Value up the road and got what I needed and finished the sno-blowing. Thing works great for an older machine.

DirtyMax
01-15-2007, 04:17 PM
the motr likes to backfire from time to time shooting cool flames out the muffler.

I think it's too lean and/or the idle is too high. Check to make sure the choke is off too... Mine used to do that and my former neighbor said if we didn't adjust it, there would be a vented piston very soon... ;)

JohnnyT
01-16-2007, 05:11 PM
speaking about that, my driveway needs some loving from that beater.

Ha ha ha... I'll be over later tonight.

nismodave
01-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Here is mine....

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/corbis/DGT072/CB025035.jpg