PDA

View Full Version : Port and polish kits ?

awsomeears
01-14-2007, 02:21 PM
For those DIY'ers what kit did you purchase and from where ?

I have an aluminum intake for my new neon I just purchased that I want to open up the neck to 55MM and open up the runners.

My buddy had a kit from Matco and had a bunch of bits in there, but im %100 positive Matco just slapped there name on the plastic box and jacked the price up :rolleyes:

Any help would be great :thumbsup

I'll get some pictures up for all you neon lovers, you might even like it :D

HITMAN
01-14-2007, 06:37 PM
http://meritabrasives.com/Media/Documents/S0000000000000001093/Test%20Kits.pdf

You'll have to find a price on your own, but this is a fairly complete kit. All you'll need is a die grinder and some carbides for fast cutting/rough shaping.

HP ADDICT
01-14-2007, 06:44 PM
I have a Standard abrassives porting kit that I bought from summit. I forgot how much it was but I will give it to you for whatever it goes for in summit. Save on shipping.

A B4C Z
01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
norton sandpaper company had a nice one

Al
01-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Get a Dremel Motor Tool kit with the extra attachments. it is a bit more user-friendly than a die grinder although it is not as powerful.

HITMAN
01-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Get a Dremel Motor Tool kit with the extra attachments. it is a bit more user-friendly than a die grinder although it is not as powerful.

Porting with a Dremel? :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Doing a set of heads with a Dremel would be like trying to download all six Star Wars flicks in high definition on a 56K modem. It can be done but it would take so long you'd probably die of old age before you finished.

juicedimpss
01-16-2007, 08:49 AM

Doing a set of heads with a Dremel would be like trying to download all six Star Wars flicks in high definition on a 56K modem. It can be done but it would take so long you'd probably die of old age before you finished.

thats a very accurate description.:thumbsup

awsomeears
01-16-2007, 03:54 PM

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Al
01-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Oops! I was thinking about aluminum Honda heads!

HP ADDICT
01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
I used a SA kit to with a die grinder to portmatch and open up the runners on my heads. I did do most of the bowl work with a dremel tool and snake attachment. It made the work much more precise. Yeah it did take awhile but the bowls are a delicate area.

BadAzzGTA89
01-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I used a high power rotozip with the flex extention and carbide barrel bit and finished with sanding drums WORK PRETTY GOOD WAS ON ALUMINUM THO!