PDA

View Full Version : help with videos

88Nightmare
01-14-2007, 01:08 PM
with my camcorder, the file I get on my computer after uploading is a windows media video file. For some reason, when I try to play that file, windows media says error downloading codec, then it just plays the audio from the movie without the video. What can I do about this?

badass88gt
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Are you using Windows Movie Maker to capture the video onto your computer?

88Nightmare
01-14-2007, 09:06 PM
no im just trying to get video files from my camcorder to play on my computer.

badass88gt
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
with my camcorder, the file I get on my computer after uploading is a windows media video file.

What program are you using to upload them?

Do you have the latest Media Player on there?

88Nightmare
01-14-2007, 09:11 PM
latest version of media player doesnt seem to be the issue. I am not using a program to upload them, I am taking the SD memory card out of the camcorder and putting it in my computer and pulling the video files off of it. The camera automatically saves them as .wmv files. The problem seems to be that they are compressed as "fourcc" files with SEDG codec. Nothing on windows seems to be able to play that. Divx player can't, windows media player 10 or 11 cant(11 is the newest), and quicktime cant play it either. From what I have read, you need to convert the codec on it from SEDG to something windows media recognizes. I found a program that does such, but hasn't worked for me yet.

badass88gt
01-14-2007, 09:33 PM
I see. I always use Windows Movie Maker to capture video off my Sony camcorder, never run into that before. Sorry I cant help ya.