PDA

View Full Version : UFC Update

supra213
01-11-2007, 07:10 PM
If you haven't heard yet. Randy Couture has come out of retirement. He will be fighting as a heavyweight again. Rumor is he might fight Sylvia for the belt in march...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=6514

VroomPshhTsi
01-11-2007, 07:27 PM
i don't see couture standing a chance against sylvia... why would he get a title shot anyway?

Lash
01-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Bad idea IMO.

supra213
01-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Its official... It will happen at UFC 68.

Title shot for Couture = $$$$. If Couture wins, that means even more money. Couture is much more popular. More casual fans know his name and are more likely to buy UFC whatever if Couture wins and fights Crocop for the belt in a couple of months. Its a good idea from a buisness standpoint and it might bring in some more fans... but at what expense for Randy.

moels
01-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Its official... It will happen at UFC 68.

Title shot for Couture = $$$$. If Couture wins, that means even more money. Couture is much more popular. More casual fans know his name and are more likely to buy UFC whatever if Couture wins and fights Crocop for the belt in a couple of months. Its a good idea from a buisness standpoint and it might bring in some more fans... but at what expense for Randy.

I agree with everything you said here. +1 for you sir.

Yooformula
01-11-2007, 09:04 PM
I dont see Couture holding the belt IF he can get it. I think he is past his prime and this publicity stunt is a bad idea.

I am surprised nobody has bitched about GSP bailing from the fight due to injuries. I really wanted to see his first defending of his title. I wonder if there is anyone left worth watching on the upcoming event. I really dont get why Lutter has a title shot btw so that makes this fight even more of a joke. I cant wait to see who Rampage fights first and to see Franklin's first fight back. I wonder if he cave like Louiseiu did or will he come back swinging hard.

SlowStee
01-11-2007, 11:28 PM
\I really dont get why Lutter has a title shot btw so that makes this fight even more of a joke.

seriously, I couldnt agree more. I think the fight with him against Silva is a joke!

and why Is the name Crocop being mentioned with the UFC??

someone fill me in..

ThatWhiteCivic
01-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Crocop and Rampage are coming to the UFC

Prescott
01-12-2007, 03:07 AM
I dont see Couture holding the belt IF he can get it. I think he is past his prime and this publicity stunt is a bad idea.

My thoughts exactly

SlowStee
01-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Crocop Is gonna steal a Belt!

supra213
01-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Travis Lutter won the UFC reality show. This season it was called "the comeback" and it had a bunch of ufc guys that never quite made it. Winner of the show gets a shot at the title. Matt Sera was supposed to fight GSP for the belt at this PPV since he was also a winner of the UFC show.

Couture won't hold the belt.... UFC is just hoping he will win to maximize on Crocop's title shot.

Yooformula
01-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Travis Lutter won the UFC reality show. This season it was called "the comeback" and it had a bunch of ufc guys that never quite made it. Winner of the show gets a shot at the title. Matt Sera was supposed to fight GSP for the belt at this PPV since he was also a winner of the UFC show.

Couture won't hold the belt.... UFC is just hoping he will win to maximize on Crocop's title shot.

ahh makes sense now. I stopped watching that show halfway through. This past TUF ws a joke compared to the others. thanks for the fyi.