PDA

View Full Version : Damn security light

0TransAm0
01-11-2007, 04:22 PM
ok this is the problem the security light comes on when im driveing down the road and stays on for awhile then go's out.
another problem is sometimes the car wont start. i hit the unlock button on the key fob and the doors unlock put the key in and turn it but nothing happens and the light comes on. i have to sit and wait 2-3 min. for it to reset and try again. its a major PITA the dealer said it was most likely the ignition switch but they want $100 just to look at it and if it is the switch it will cost me another $250 for them to replace it.(the part is only $50). is thier any way to bypass this or am i going to get stuck having to replace it?? is this something i could do or would it be better to take it in? i really dont feel like paying 350 to get it fixed but it seems to be getting worse and acting up more and more. it happend to me 4 times today:chair:

any help would greatly be appretiated.. Thank you,Mike

0TransAm0
01-11-2007, 05:00 PM
the search on LS1tech doesn't work but i got it figured out. still gonna be a PITA

Firefighter Z
01-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Theres a way to bypass VATS system but I wouldn't do it if you wanna keep your car...
I'm sure some of the LTX/LSX guys can help you out.

0TransAm0
01-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Theres a way to bypass VATS system but I wouldn't do it if you wanna keep your car...
I'm sure some of the LTX/LSX guys can help you out.

yeah im not going to bypass it.. thought about it but im not doing it.. i cleand up the contacts on the relay for the ignition and tested the chip in the key. the key is really close i will probably get a new key but since i took out the relay and put it back it hasn't been doing it. Knock on wood....

A B4C Z
01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Hp tuners can turn VATS off if you want. Also the key could be the problem but alot of times is the little wire comming off the back of the key cylinder that causes the problem. there super thin like a stran of hair and from turnnig them alot of couse they were out.

GTSLOW
01-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Ya like he said. It's usually the dam key. Do you have an extra? If so does it do it with both keys?