PDA

View Full Version : cable-satelite??

hrsp
01-07-2007, 09:09 PM
what do you have? what do you pay? do you like the quality-service?

girlfriend got a 50" plasma @ wants something that has hd chanells...

Holeshot
01-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I have RR for ISP $45 a month and Directv HD TIVO $65 a month. I have only had three problems with RR in 5 years and got credit for all three. As far a Satellite All channels are digital un like cable. I only have rain fade once or twice a year so its not a big deal. Aiming your dish is critical to keep fade to a min.

DirtyMax
01-07-2007, 10:12 PM
RR $35 for ISP

Directv HD DVR, which costs me ~$110 but that's their highest dollar package with HD pkg added on. Now that they got the glitches out of my receiver, it's pretty damn nice. Discovery HD looks so clear that is appears like the damn Shark is going to swim out of your wall and into your lap.

88Nightmare
01-07-2007, 11:44 PM
I have RR and Directv like the other fellas. I love both. I have had my RR for jeez, I wanna say like 6 or 7 years. RR problems are so few and far between, I can't even remember the last time I had a problem. When the network goes down, its usually for planned maintenance, and you can view the planned maintenance on their homepage so you know ahead of time. Directv is great, I have the DVR package and 2 other rooms, I believe its about $70 per month. Their customer service is second to none. Last time I lost picture was during extreme thunderstorms. Light to moderate rain doesn't hurt the signal. If anything, it improves the signal because it gives the satellite signal something to reflect off of. I don't have HD, but on my LCD tv, the picture looks good enough for me.

Ricky Bobby
01-08-2007, 03:51 PM
u dont wanna know what i pay but i have all 3 from TWC

i love my HD DVR its the best :thumbsup

88Nightmare
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
time warners digital phone sucks major ass. I hated it. Only thing I hated more was having to talk to their customer support when their phone system went down weekly. I ask them, since my home phone is down, if I didn't have a cell phone, how would I be able to call and get it fixed? they had no answer. They also told me they have no way of identifying that the system is down unless someone calls. Lame.

Holeshot
01-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I ask them, since my home phone is down, if I didn't have a cell phone, how would I be able to call and get it fixed? they had no answer. They also told me they have no way of identifying that the system is down unless someone calls. Lame.

LOL Now thats retarded:eek: DEE DEE DEE

SSDude
01-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Had TW cable for years with a crappy picture ghosts and all. Switched to DISH with DVR this fall and couldn't be happier. One time during a monster downpour I had a little trouble with signal on some channels but 15 minutes later all was good. I don't have the HD package but DISH has more true HD channels than TW.:thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
01-08-2007, 07:40 PM
If you get TWC run component video for your vid, NOT HDMI. Your basic channels will most likely suffer if you do. I saw this quite frequently in clients homes while working at BBY- thats all the kids sell with the new TV's.
If you get satellite you'l be fine with HDMI.
Want it wall mounted?

Ricky Bobby
01-08-2007, 07:45 PM
time warners digital phone sucks major ass.

well actually the phone is sellin better than anything right now and we can tell if the phone is out we dont need u to call and tell us :goof and every house is its own case either wired wrong, cust tamperin, or even a lazy tech but TWC will always roll a truck for ur problems. Ive had phone at my house since they first launched it had one small problem and it was a plant problem outside when i first got it they fixed it the next day. How many trucks does sat. roll if u have a problem and how many people want to climb on there roof if it goes out of alingment, maybe younger people fine not older ones thats for sure.