PDA

View Full Version : window tinting

stangfan15
01-05-2007, 10:02 PM
does anyone know what the darkest legal tint in wisconsin is?

Korndogg
01-05-2007, 10:04 PM
http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/WI/

hrsp
01-05-2007, 10:09 PM
and they will Fukk with you about it...

Korndogg
01-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I havent had any problems yet. Now that I said that I will though....

hrsp
01-05-2007, 10:12 PM
sports car+ younger driver + tint + westallis= harrased

Korndogg
01-05-2007, 10:13 PM
oh yeah I know...I was just sayin that I havent had a problem yet. I heard everyone was suppose to really be cracking down on that.

hrsp
01-05-2007, 10:16 PM
yup..would hate for someone to get "illegal" tint and be bothered til he says fukk it and takes it off( happened to my buddy)

how dark are you?

hrsp
01-05-2007, 10:17 PM
i mean how dark is your tint...lol

Korndogg
01-05-2007, 10:18 PM
lol yeah i kno what you mean haha.

I had them match it to the rears which are stock so its 25% all the way around.

Cryptic
01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
50% fronts
35% every other window

me = 15% all around and I've had to pay 1 ticket (state troopers are very anal about it)

Lash
01-06-2007, 09:04 AM
I had 20% on every car I've had. I've never even been questioned about it.

My wife only got a warning when she had 15% on her alero.

pOrk
01-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I get ****ed with on every vehicle I own with tints, but then again most of them stick out. My next vehicle I will probably register to my florida address, then they cant say a damn thing about me ghetto ass 2.5% film :-)

Reverend Cooper
01-06-2007, 09:22 AM
ive got fifty fronts and 20 rear the side windows are louvered wich makes it look darker

Slow Joe
01-06-2007, 10:10 AM
I've got 50% Fronts 35% Rear 1/4 Windows and Rear Window... I got a ticket last year to get it fixed, and the cops said 50% fronts and 35% rear were fine... That was Menomonee Falls cops too BTW!!

DirtyMax
01-06-2007, 10:21 AM
My next vehicle I will probably register to my florida address, then they cant say a damn thing about me ghetto ass 2.5% film :-)

You sure about that?... I think if you're in Wisconsin, you still have to abide by their traffic laws even though your car is registered in another state... Just because the speed limit is 75 in Florida doesn't mean they can come up here and do 75 without recourse...

pOrk
01-06-2007, 12:07 PM
You sure about that?... I think if you're in Wisconsin, you still have to abide by their traffic laws even though your car is registered in another state... Just because the speed limit is 75 in Florida doesn't mean they can come up here and do 75 without recourse...

Driving violations and vehicle violations are two different things.

Lets say I am a Florida resident, which I am since I have a place there. I drive to wisconsin in my donk raised up on 28's and candy paint, with 2.5% tints. I get pulled over, and they give me a ticket for window tint, even though it is legal to have it where I live? That would mean it would be illegal for most florida / arizona / texas residents to leave their state to vacation making it impossible for state to state travels.

Speed limits are totally different, hardly comparable. If you go that far, you might as well say that when your in Wisconsin and you buy something, you have to pay the Florida Tax instead of Wisconsins 5.6% tax :banana

05caddyext
01-06-2007, 01:23 PM
when you are driving in another state your vehicle must be legal to the standards of whatever state you happen to be in. How do I know? Last year in Illinois we were hauling a race car trailer, Wisconsin plates on the truck, got a ticked for not having a plate on the trailer. In Wisconsin you don't have to have a plate for trailers, but there you do. As far as tint, I have been told by several officers including many state troopers that they only care about the front 2 windows of the car. They want to be able to see whos driving. I have had 5% on almost every car I've had and they only gave me crap about the front 2 windows, the rest they couldn't care less. I gave them the old, well what about vehicles that don't have rear windows mumbo jumbo, cop was like well you have a point, remove the fronts and we are cool.

Poncho
01-06-2007, 03:46 PM
ive got fifty fronts and 20 rear the side windows are louvered wich makes it look darker

can you see out the side louvered windows decent at all?? I was planning on getting nicole those for a while now.. I'd get the scooped ones, but then I won't see out them at all.