PDA

View Full Version : The Work Truck???

BigSnailBuick
01-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Well it has been hundreds of hours in the making and is almost complete. It started as just a bone stock Dakota R/T about 3 months ago. Well once the shop began we decided we needed something to really show off our work and have something to show people when they asked what we could do, so we supercharged it, tweaked the air ride a bit and a little paint :D .. Well after long nights and wayyy too much beer here is the almost finished product Hope you all like:) My camera sucks sorry bout that.
3 Months ago lol
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/SideRT.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/Front2RT.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/P1010096.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/P1010097.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/P1010098.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/P1010100.jpg

dr doom
01-05-2007, 08:12 PM
looks good

SSDude
01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
lookin good!................

84hurst
01-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Looks great, I assume its not gonna be a winter beater! Love the flames! :thumbsup

wikked
01-05-2007, 08:49 PM
looks really "busy" up close o_O
Looks like good quality though! I'm sure p0rk will add his 2ยข :goof

hrsp
01-05-2007, 09:55 PM
looks good..very unique

BadAzzGTA89
01-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Sometimes simple is better IMO!
But you can see the work involved that's why you get a:thumbsup

UnderPSI
01-05-2007, 11:07 PM
It looks a lot better after paint. Glad to see you got rid of the dumb visor thing and the bug guard and headlight covers. It looked too "autozone" in the first picture. Who really likes those weird visor things anyway? As far as the bug guard I would have clear film put on the leading edge of the hood before I would ever buy one of those.

Other wise, I kinda like the paint. Nice to see that you didn't do just flames. Better to put your own touch on it.

stowsea
01-06-2007, 12:38 AM
wow! looks good! like the rim choice

Flicktitty
01-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Damn, looks very good! I like it! can't wait too see it all done!

2SLOW
01-06-2007, 12:44 AM
dam the layers on the tribal is crazy very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cryptic
01-06-2007, 01:05 AM
WOW! :stare

Cant wait to see it in person.

pOrk
01-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Whats with the air lines being way too long? :-p Does it lay out?

Flames look great, do they follow into the door jambs? And is this an actual shop, or working out of a garage? Eitherway, looks pretty nice.

BigSnailBuick
01-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Whats with the air lines being way too long? :-p Does it lay out?

Flames look great, do they follow into the door jambs? And is this an actual shop, or working out of a garage? Eitherway, looks pretty nice.

Its not finished...we are waiting on nicer rims and still have to put the final touches on.:durr And its at our shop...no garage work lol

pOrk
01-06-2007, 08:55 AM
I have seen a lot of nice cars come out of garages, usually those turn out better then shop jobs cause they do them for themselves, not a customer that is waiting to pay. Things get rushed that way, usually.

So are the jambs painted? Oh yah, who pinstriped it? The striping looks great!

Flight_740
01-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I liked it better just black. I don't really get into all that custom paint stuff.

BigSnailBuick
01-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I have seen a lot of nice cars come out of garages, usually those turn out better then shop jobs cause they do them for themselves, not a customer that is waiting to pay. Things get rushed that way, usually.

So are the jambs painted? Oh yah, who pinstriped it? The striping looks great!

Yes they are : ). And we could have pinstriped it but with all the work we have we figured better off hire Stretch to come in and do it....he does a kick ass job.:thumbsup And yeah good stuff does come out of garages thats were most of our stuff was before.:goof Anywho shops that dont do a good job and rush shit out the door is definatly not us. So when people come in and say Jack down the road would do this job for half the price I say good go get Jack to do it....and once its done and you refuse to bring it out during the day you can thank Jack down the road.:rolf

pOrk
01-06-2007, 05:49 PM
^ I know how that goes. Stretch does good stuff, as does Tom

pOrk
01-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes they are : ). And we could have pinstriped it but with all the work we have we figured better off hire Stretch to come in and do it....he does a kick ass job.:thumbsup And yeah good stuff does come out of garages thats were most of our stuff was before.:goof Anywho shops that dont do a good job and rush shit out the door is definatly not us. So when people come in and say Jack down the road would do this job for half the price I say good go get Jack to do it....and once its done and you refuse to bring it out during the day you can thank Jack down the road.:rolf

So much for your word being anything near respectable. I saw the truck at the WOW show and those door jambs are NOT painted to match. Another shop with a lieing spokes person, go figure :loser

What do shops think lieing to a possibly potential customer will do for them? I mean seriously, did you think I was never going to see the truck in person?

BigSnailBuick
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
So much for your word being anything near respectable. I saw the truck at the WOW show and those door jambs are NOT painted to match. Another shop with a lieing spokes person, go figure :loser

What do shops think lieing to a possibly potential customer will do for them? I mean seriously, did you think I was never going to see the truck in person?

Are you ******* serious.....I thought they were and found out myself that they were not...that was my mistake. Its a work truck..so chris our painter said it was just a waste of time to paint the door jams...I made a mistake because I taped them to be sprayed and he decided against it. So how about quit bein a little ***** and starting shit. Talk to anyone on here that has met me and see if im a liar...on top of all that I asked you if you were coming to the show to check out the truck....doubt I intended to miss inform you and then ask you if you were going so I could hopefully show you the truck in person. Next time try not to be an keyboard thug when someone miss informs you. Should have just come up to me at the show and asked me wtf I was saying and then I wouldnt have had to waste my time writing an essay about some F'in door james that I could go spray myself in 20 min right now.

nismodave
01-16-2007, 07:04 PM
The Design is too busy for my taste.......But it looks like someone put some work into it.

Enjoy.:thumbsup

BigSnailBuick
01-16-2007, 07:09 PM
The Design is too busy for my taste.......But it looks like someone put some work into it.

Enjoy.:thumbsup

Yeah same for me...but when a company has a truck to promote stuff like stereo, paint, motor..etc.. they have to go over the top to show skill even though it may be against their personal taste. :goof

SouthSide1
01-16-2007, 09:33 PM
i like it , very clean

scottie K
01-16-2007, 10:10 PM
so the cars u listed in your profile are whos??? steve kunz????

I WANT SOME OF THAT TRANS AM!!!!!!!!! on the street or track!!!! 1g note

your race car vs our:thumbsup street car

pOrk
01-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Are you ******* serious.....I thought they were and found out myself that they were not...that was my mistake. Its a work truck..so chris our painter said it was just a waste of time to paint the door jams...I made a mistake because I taped them to be sprayed and he decided against it. So how about quit bein a little ***** and starting shit. Talk to anyone on here that has met me and see if im a liar...on top of all that I asked you if you were coming to the show to check out the truck....doubt I intended to miss inform you and then ask you if you were going so I could hopefully show you the truck in person. Next time try not to be an keyboard thug when someone miss informs you. Should have just come up to me at the show and asked me wtf I was saying and then I wouldnt have had to waste my time writing an essay about some F'in door james that I could go spray myself in 20 min right now.

The cussing adds to your online character, but labeling me isn't going to help your cause because it is clear who is in the wrong. It's not a big deal, if you didn't know then you shouldn't have answered the question. I would have said something at the show but there were several people around the truck when I was over there and I didn't want to interrupt someone else. Besides, look at it from my stand point. It looks like your trying to hide something when you say something about a truck that YOU had a part in working on that isn't true. Regardless, its something small and the way I see it is you intentionally misinformed me, if thats not the case then so be it I apologize but that is surely the way it sounds. Is it not? The quality is there, and if all it is is a misunderstanding then great hopefully thats the way it is. I'm not saying the truck didn't look good, cause the flake looked awesome and the orange color was outstanding.

You have my aim, hit me up on there next time you see me I'd love to go over your suspension setup and see if I cant help you get it any lower :thumbsup I wasn't at my computer when you messaged me before.

BigSnailBuick
01-17-2007, 12:04 AM
The cussing adds to your online character, but labeling me isn't going to help your cause because it is clear who is in the wrong. It's not a big deal, if you didn't know then you shouldn't have answered the question. I would have said something at the show but there were several people around the truck when I was over there and I didn't want to interrupt someone else. Besides, look at it from my stand point. It looks like your trying to hide something when you say something about a truck that YOU had a part in working on that isn't true. Regardless, its something small and the way I see it is you intentionally misinformed me, if thats not the case then so be it I apologize but that is surely the way it sounds. Is it not? The quality is there, and if all it is is a misunderstanding then great hopefully thats the way it is. I'm not saying the truck didn't look good, cause the flake looked awesome and the orange color was outstanding.

You have my aim, hit me up on there next time you see me I'd love to go over your suspension setup and see if I cant help you get it any lower :thumbsup I wasn't at my computer when you messaged me before.

Sounds good man...:)

Korndogg
01-17-2007, 12:21 AM
i think the truck just looks like total crap.

:)

BigSnailBuick
01-17-2007, 12:44 AM
i think the truck just looks like total crap.

:)

I think swinger parties are total crap..hahaha..

Yooformula
01-17-2007, 03:09 AM
completed pics?

Korndogg
01-17-2007, 03:49 PM
I think swinger parties are total crap..hahaha..

hahahahaha yeah....good times.

BigSnailBuick
01-17-2007, 08:00 PM
completed pics?

Yeah ill get a few of those tommorow :)