PDA

View Full Version : anybody else sick all of a sudden?

rally_scort
01-05-2007, 06:28 PM
i came home today feeling like shit after work and everybody in the house,the neighbors,and a few people i talked to on the phone seem to be sick.It feels like the flu but i was told that its some new virus that only lasts about 24 hrs and has flu like symtoms.Anybody else under the weather or hear anything about it? :puke :puke

Reverend Cooper
01-05-2007, 06:58 PM
yeah but its usually the brown bottle flu

Prince Valiant
01-05-2007, 07:19 PM
yeah...lots of that going around.

I've got something that's been with me for about 4 days. I don't feel congested or sick to my stomach, but I have had persistent vertigo (dizziness) for the last 4 days. THEN that leads me to getting sick to my stomach :(

rally_scort
01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
yeah well it feels like pissing out my ass right now.Ive got a few chest pains and it feels like my back needs to be cracked in a few spots.No pucking yet though.

hrsp
01-05-2007, 07:41 PM
yup...bad stomach flu type shit here

Reverend Cooper
01-05-2007, 07:53 PM
its probably the hi 5

Cryptic
01-05-2007, 07:55 PM
alot of people at work had the same thing, puking and the sh!ts
definately going around

DoubleAron
01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah as said above it is surely going around. Being with friends and family around the holidays helps spread it. Kind of drives me crazy that people won't stay home when they have this crap. I had and it lasted a couple of days and some of the relitives had it also.

theavenger333
01-05-2007, 09:34 PM
it has gone through my entire family, hit before xmas. it keeps going too.

stowsea
01-06-2007, 12:27 AM
a lot of people from delavan have gotten sick all at the same time. same head cold sinus shit

2SLOW
01-06-2007, 12:37 AM
yea i have been sick for a week!

Flicktitty
01-06-2007, 12:46 AM
i hope like hell i don't get sick or i'm gonna choke a bish!

Al
01-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Same here.

I began to get sick the day after christmas. Sore throat, stuffy sinuses, mild cough, GUT ROT,' and mild ear issues. Virtigo stuck me about half-way through it. I was trying to figure out what cause it: the bug or sudafed PE.

I spent about two days feeling like I drank just enough to be near the limit.

Luckily, it is gone now. About 6 days total, and it hit the whole family and a bunch of my friends.

Josepy
01-06-2007, 01:15 AM
i have been sick all week. pukeing and all. friday was my first day back to work.

stowsea
01-06-2007, 01:45 AM
i hope like hell i don't get sick or i'm gonna choke a bish!

ive been around it a lot but havent gotten it yet

pOrk
01-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Sucks to be you guys. I haven't been sick in years, hell since my freshman year of hs ( 7 years )

awsomeears
01-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Ok now im really ******* scared at the moment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading this thread I guess im not alone, around 1:30 yesterday me and a co-worker were on a install in South Milwaukee and decided to go to lunch. I had Mcdonalds, we got back on the job around 2:15 and I told my worker " dude I gotta puke " he looks at me like " yea right "

Well a min goes by and im puking in the garbage over and over and over, getting pail and shivering. Then I was good for 20 mins, then it hit me again. I was so close to calling 911 because whatever I had came so quick.

Get back to the shop around 4 and im shitting my brains out, then I punch out and the office ladys ask me what the hell am I so Pail and I told them, I went home and it started over and over again but worse............

Ive been sleeping since 6 yesterday on and off.

Now im feeling pretty dam good considering what I went threw.

I first thought of Food posioning but after reading this post im really Freeked out.

I'm not typing this to gross you out im just letting you know where I was and where I ate. Maybe this happend to one of you that was near me.

rally_scort
01-06-2007, 08:30 AM
yeah its now about 24hrs since i first felt like shit, and im starting to feel better.I think the only issue i got now is cuz i slept since 4:30pm yesterday and my body feels like shit if i get too much sleep and if i sleep during the day and try waking up.Hope you guys all feel better, but it does seem to be common.I was starting to get worried after i asked some people from different states and they heard nothing about it.I think i filled my quota for shitting for about the next month and a half.It deffinatly hits quick so a word to the wise, once you start feeling like your hungover, get to a bathroom quick or your gunna cause a big scene wherever you are.

Reverend Cooper
01-06-2007, 08:43 AM
i thought i was sick,then i realized i had mexican food yesterday,now i am all good

Lash
01-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Supposedly the thing thats going around can last up to a month. My mom has been sick for about 3 weeks now.

Al
01-06-2007, 02:11 PM
When you find yourself feeling like crap, but it passes quickly, that might not be an actual infection from a bacteria or virus, but more of a poisoning due to bacterial/fungal exotoxins which managed to grow on your food. Properly cooking the food will kill the fungi and bacteria, but the toxins they produce are resistant to the heat.

You then consume the food and your body wants to get rid of it ASAP! There are two very effective ways of doing this: one of two exits!

A true viral or bacterial infection lasts much longer. This short-term illness is often thought of as the 24-hour flu. In reality, you just ate some crap food that had some "incubation time" before you ate it.

I'll look through my notes from microbiology to give some better examples of these toxins.

Most bacterial GI infections progressively build up in you and the symptoms come on gradually. A good example of this is the notorious E. coli 0157H7 strain. Your intestines are loaded with E. coli, but beign strains. When you scratch your butt and then touch your face, you are bringing some of it back to the start of the GI tract. This is perfectly healthy, as long as the e. coli are not dangerous.

The deal with the 0157H7 strain is that you body does not see it as a threat as it enters you body because, well, it is just another e coli. In your body, it multiplies just like all of the other e coli with time and progressively builds in population. The problem with 0157h7 is that it produces a toxin which eats away at your intestinal lining. The result is termed "explosive, bloody diarrhea."

After 8 to 24 hours in your system, you are very sick, and the best way to deal with it is antibiotics. The antibiotics will kill almost all of the bacteria in your GI tract, which will not help with the diarrhea, but at least get rid of the toxin. Once clear of all e. coli, the 'safe' e. coli can repopulate and the skitters will go away.

Reverend Cooper
01-06-2007, 04:41 PM
pooped slightly greasy still firm.....am i sick yet

HRSEPLA
01-06-2007, 06:19 PM
This is what it is... i had it and it lingers for week plus

Noroviruses are members of a group of viruses called caliciviruses, also known previously as “Norwalk-like viruses.” Norovirus is also called viral gastroenteritis, food poisoning, and calicivirus.

Norovirus infection causes gastroenteritis, which is an inflammation of the stomach and the small and large intestines. Noroviruses is by far the leading cause of foodborne illness outbreaks in Minnesota.

This infection is often mistakenly referred to as the “stomach flu"- it is not related to the flu (influenza), which is a respiratory illness caused by influenza virus.

Norovirus is not a “new” virus, but interest in it is growing as more is learned about how frequently noroviruses cause illness in people.

Symptoms
Common symptoms include:

nausea
vomiting
diarrhea
abdominal cramps
Other symptoms may include:

headache
fever/chills
muscle aches
Symptoms usually last 1 or 2 days. However, during that brief period, people can feel very ill and vomit, often violently and without warning, many times a day.

Duration of Illness
Symptoms usually begin 24 to 48 hours after ingestion of the virus, but can appear as early as 12 hours after exposure.
There is no evidence that sick persons can become long-term carriers of the virus, but the virus can be in the stool and vomit of infected persons, from the day they start to feel ill to as long as 2 weeks after they feel better.

Transmission
Noroviruses are found in the stool or vomit of infected people. People can become infected with the virus in several ways, including:
eating food or drinking liquids that are contaminated with norovirus by foodhandlers who have not washed their hands adequately
touching surfaces or objects contaminated with norovirus, and then placing their hand in their mouth or eating before washing their hands
having direct contact with another person who is infected and showing symptoms (for example, when caring for someone with illness, or sharing foods or eating utensils with someone who is ill)
Persons working in day-care centers or nursing homes should pay special attention to children or residents who have norovirus illness. This virus is very contagious and can spread rapidly throughout such environments.

pOrk
01-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I just pooped, it felt good. Do I have it?

Prescott
01-06-2007, 08:47 PM
I've been sick since xmas eve but nothing like you guys are dscribing. No puking or shits. just the worse cold I've had in 7 years. coughing constantly, tons of lung butter, super runny nose, night sweats, general feelin like crap. nothing works not even prescrpt cough syrup w/codine.

But I'll still take it over what some of you have. Bein so sick you think about calling 911 is scary shit!

Reverend Cooper
01-06-2007, 09:04 PM
i had that cold too it started at thanksgiving and lasted till new years day,i think i killed it with all the booze i drank,i was sterilized from the inside out.
just pooped again really really stinky yet firm and snake like.....am i sick yet?

Al
01-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I just pooped, it felt good. Do I have it?

You did. :goof