PDA

View Full Version : found a decent priced goat

88Nightmare
01-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Saturn of Greenfield where my pops works is selling a 2004 GTO. Silver. Has the 5.7 and an auto. Black leather. Dual power seats. Blaupunkt upgraded radio option from the factory. Looks mint, sounds great. 4,900 miles. They are looking to get 20,995 I believe. Seems like a decent price. Just thought I'd put the word out. If you are interested, pm me or go there and talk to Peter in car sales.

SSDude
01-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Not bad NADA showed ave retail $21750. $10K less than a new one.

Red97GTP
01-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Or, you can come see me at the Lincoln dealer down the street. I can see the car also, since it's a Boucher store. The nice thing about buying a car at a Saturn dealer is that, just like their new cars, their used cars are also no-haggle priccing.

Here's a link to the car:

http://xtabi.carspot.com/vehicle_display.pcgi?vehicle_id=12349&dealer_id=12&code=G1

Crawlin
01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
the funny thing is, BACK in '04 when it was towards the end of the model year, you could pick up a brand new one for $23,6xx area.

my how things have changed, haha. the '05 and '06's never got even close to that point

PB86MCSS
01-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Oh how I want a brazen orange 06'....let me know when the prices of 06's drop to 15k or so ;). Until then I'll pimp my LeSabre :D.

88Nightmare
01-04-2007, 07:30 PM
nothin like another salesman coming up to take business. thought id pitch the car on here and if someone was interested they could see my pops, but apparently GTP guy has other intentions.

Karps TA
01-04-2007, 07:32 PM
The nice thing about buying a car at a Saturn dealer is that, just like their new cars, their used cars are also no-haggle priccing.

I wish I would have come up with that "feature". That was brilliant of Saturn.

"You mean I can just come in and pay sticker? Sweet!" Like what dealership didn't allow that?

"No I'm sorry sir, we're going to have to work on selling this to you below that price. If you want to pay that much you're going to have to leave." :rolf

88Nightmare
01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
it makes sense. why mark something up just to mark it down?

Karps TA
01-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Cause you think the dealership is only making $100 a car? Theres still some markup in there, otherwise they wouldn't have any salespeople. They'd just have a checkout lane like Target. Maybe it's not as much of a markup, but it's still there. They aren't selling the cars at cost. Especially on the used car lot.

Maybe it's just me but I'd feel like an ass paying sticker on a car.

88Nightmare
01-04-2007, 07:46 PM
oh I know they are making a profit, but at least you don't have to haggle with em and shit, and have to start insulting the salesman, the manager, the dealership, or all three just to pay a decent price.

Karps TA
01-04-2007, 07:49 PM
See but that's 3/4 of the fun of buying a car. And having sold used cars, that was the fun part of the job as well.

88Nightmare
01-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I suppose, but if Im buying a car, I dont want to feel like i have to move in at the dealership just so I can argue with the guy for a few days. I just want the vehicle I want at a halfway decent price and not have to spend 5 hours there doin it.

Red97GTP
01-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Sorry 88! That's my own fault, I didn't read the full post, just the highlights.:durr

88Nightmare
01-04-2007, 10:10 PM
no prob, im over it already. not too worried about it in the first place :D

H8RADE
01-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Tapshift that azz!!!
I'll bet your mom could drive your pops over there to smash his face.
:punch:
Christ...That kid from Malawi doesn't talk about his parents as much.

88Nightmare
01-05-2007, 12:21 AM
how do you think i talk about my parents. I recall mentioning my pops got me a good deal on a car, I mentioned I spoke to my pops about a GTO for sale there, and I have yet to mention anything about my mother. So try again :D

Poncho
01-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Saturn of Greenfield where my pops works is selling a 2004 GTO. Silver. Has the 5.7 and an auto. Black leather. Dual power seats. Blaupunkt upgraded radio option from the factory. Looks mint, sounds great. 4,900 miles. They are looking to get 20,995 I believe. Seems like a decent price. Just thought I'd put the word out. If you are interested, pm me or go there and talk to Peter in car sales.

so basically it's a '04 GTO with no options??? Upgraded radio? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: bah, shit the Monaro got heavily decontented when it got flipped LHD and they put a Pontiac logo on it. Wheres my bluetooth, extra cup holders, Navigation and sunroof that the monaro all has?

88Nightmare
01-05-2007, 05:21 PM
take that up with GM, I didnt make any of those decisions :D

Poncho
01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
just saying theres no upgraded radio as stated, and as it sounds it has 0 options.

Slow Joe
01-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Or you could come out to West Bend and buy it from meeee :durr :rolf

Poncho
01-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Or you could come out to West Bend and buy it from meeee :durr :rolf

don't you have some roush's to sell?

88Nightmare
01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
what do you mean no options? no options compared to the Monaro? The Monaro isnt even in America so how can you compare that? I don't know anything about GTOs, I dont know how they came equipped from the factory or how you can option them out, so don't tell me I'm wrong, I'm not even claiming to be right. I'm simply stating what I saw, and when you see a name brand radio in a car, one would think it is an option or something upgraded over what you can get stock. For example, my truck came with the Bose stereo option, it is better over stock.

Holeshot
01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Here is a pdf link to the 04 GTO If you ordered the car like I did you could choose between auto or manual trans and color thats all. There were other options for 05 or 06. like 18 wheels and you could order the car with out hood scoops and the Auto X package. The 04 auto had a $1000 guzzler tax and the 05/ 06 was $ 1300 guzzler tax.
So if there is any other options offered besides the Auto x kit, grills or hood scoops that came out after the 04 was already on the market your being bull shitted. The stereo was a Blaupunkt 200 Watt 6 DISC 10 SPEAKER system. thats all.

http://www.ls1gto.com/media/artwork/04Pontiac_GTO.pdf

88Nightmare
01-05-2007, 08:18 PM
ahh cool. didnt know that. im just telling people what I saw. didnt know the 04's had no options.

Reverend Cooper
01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
just buy a mustang

88Nightmare
01-05-2007, 08:42 PM
im not buying anything at the moment

Poncho
01-05-2007, 08:45 PM
just buy a mustang

less power for more money ftw :) :)

i won't even get into interior, rear end and overall fit and finish :rolleyes:

Reverend Cooper
01-05-2007, 08:48 PM
more money find one with 4000 miles on it and see how much it is. not too mention the styling is hot. shows in sales. gto are not selling ask joe mustangs however are moving.

88Nightmare
01-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I do like the new mustangs. Seems like mustangs have been good selling cars lately.

Holeshot
01-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Remember that the Mustang never went out of production. and has been the mainstay for Ford muscle cars. The GTO stopped in 74 but the last real GTO was in 70. I say this because The feds started the emissions craz and the price of oil was sky rocketing. Remember the Mustang II?
As far as the GTO goes now It a Holden Monaro from OZ That was their muscle car. The new GTO was based on their Monaro body 98 to 2006. Watch for the new Pontiac G8 in 2008. The replacement for the GP. Its the Holden Commadore. It will be built in Canada along with the new Camaro. Anyone going to the Detroit auto show will see the Camaro Convertible :thumbsup And the G8 will debut at the Chicago auto show This Feb.

Poncho
01-05-2007, 09:25 PM
more money find one with 4000 miles on it and see how much it is. not too mention the styling is hot. shows in sales. gto are not selling ask joe mustangs however are moving.

i know, duh I have one and I love it. But I will say the GTO is greatly underappreciated, and will go down in history for being an unappreciated sleeper, that "failed" due to horrible press. It never failed, it met sales goals, and did fine for what they wanted, but the bad taste that '04's left in peoples mouths, could never change the public opinion.

I like this thread alot though...

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125583

I can tell anyone that bags the GTO, drive one for a week or two, and tell me how you feel about it.

hrsp
01-05-2007, 09:54 PM
"the bad taste the 04's left" why was that?

Poncho
01-06-2007, 03:35 AM
magazines tore it apart for the flat hood, dual exhaust but both on the left side, small brakes, and the fact that it's a little tricky to launch posted poor 1/4 mile times initially. Plus initially it's very similar to the 97-03 grand prix in "general" shape and look. Then there was the insane markup. 35k+ initially. I remember specifically trying to test drive one at first, they said no. Ten months later, they were trying to get rid of it for 24k, and eventually it got shipped to EVS in the falls (this i'm not positive, but it seemed like it was the same car)

'05 Remedied pretty much all that. with the hood, brakes, engine, exhaust, clutch (i'd assume), and rearend upgrades. Pontiac tried hard to push the 12.9 1/4 mile times, but it wasn't enough for the general public and the magazines, and while every review I saw had alot of positive, they really pushed the minor "bad"

I just dont' see how a car can be such a "disappointment" when I saw it reviewed against mustangs, mercedes, bmw, hemi & SRT D/C cars and others, perform admirably, often smoking the shit out of the competition for what it is at it's price point. Like when it pounded the shit out of the mustang, but lost because the mustang has "gotta have it factor" sure people bought monte carlo SS's cuz they looked meaner, but I see GN's tearing up the strip, not Monte Carlos.

I can see this GTO going down in history as an unappreciated car, the sleeper that embodied everything that a GTO was, but still couldn't live up to the history of the Mod Squad Striped to hell Judge's from 69/70, even if this current one would tear one off in the ass of the original in every aspect. Don't take this wrong -ANYBODY- but in my eyes, To call it the grand national of today wouldn't be too far of a reach, but people don't realize it yet. It's not the same, but similar. But the underappreciatedness, and understated styling are what I mean. Another that comes to mind is the Impala SS of 94-96, and Sy/Tys

Keep in mind I'm not simply talking about speed, it's about being the total package. It's not as refined as Beamers and Mercedes, but it's 90% of the car, at half the cost. It may not be balls-to-the-walls fast, but it's on par w/ the last f-bodies, and has plenty of go, still a high performance car. It is just as fast as the SRT8 cars, but alot cheaper, it's also a bit faster than the current GT mustang, and it's the same price, but you get alot more for that money. It's nearly a vette w/ 4 seats.

They may have not made a ton, but me, I'm ok with exclusivity.

I love the mustang for what it is, but today, I saw four just like it, and I never left hartford. I have seen one other Impulse Blue GTO since I got mine, and it had black leather and was automatic.

In the end, if they would have made a retro-ish GTO, they'd sell alot better, everyone would love them, but they wouldn't truely embody what the GTO was and always was about.

Face it, GM can't sell a GTO, camaro, firebird and vette combined to keep up w/ Ford's Mustang. Ford has something truely special in the look, and sales of their cars. But GM has/had something special w/ the GTO, Camaro, Firebird and Corvette. They too are cars that people lust over, but in my eyes the lust is stronger, as we have some exclusivity, and the Vette and GTO never had a economy model to lean on for mass sales.

GM said **** mass sales, lets give the enthusiasts what they want. And for anyone owning a late model LT1/LT4/LT5/LS1/LS2/LS4/LS6/LS7 powered car can appreciate that. GM cared about us enthusiasts, as we carry the aftermarket, and will be repeat customers till the end.

I know I got totally off my point, but I'm a little drunk, and I like my statement.

here's something I liked that a dude wrote:
"Drive a new GTO, then you will see that they will have a following. The car is smooth, powerful and stable. It will have a following like the Grand Nationals, Impala SS, Typhoon/Syclones. Many people like all these cars because they are different and set a standard for other cars to beat. The '80s sucked then the Turbo Buicks woke everybody up, then the LT1 came out followed by the LT4, LS1, LS6 up to the LS7 505 hp. Cars will get better, but the milestone cars will be desireable, 1973~74 GTO's were not milestones they were afterthoughts.
400 hp from 364 ci from the factory is pretty impressive.
4 wheel independent suspension was only Corvette territory at GM.
So the way I see it these cars set the standard for the future. GM's new car better have more than 1hp/ci, 4 wheel independent suspension, 0-60 in less than 4.6 sec, get 20+ mpg, ride like a BMW...basicly be better than anything they have ever made before."

Reverend Cooper
01-06-2007, 08:16 AM
not saying i dont like them and if i was looking for a sedan type car they are fine. if your looking for a sports car with limitless possibilities and upgrades tho. the stang is the way to go. i see the same ones sitting on dealer lots every time i go by. so either no one buys the gto or they are way to exspensive for what they are. again i do like them i actually talked to my wife about one for her. she said exactly "my toyota has never broken down,i love my solara no thanks" . she said she did some reading up on them and they were no very reliable vehicles. but hey if thats the kinda car your into its all good

Slow Joe
01-06-2007, 09:28 AM
they were no very reliable vehicles. but hey if thats the kinda car your into its all good

Hrmm wait a second Dan isn't your motor in your trunk?? :rolf

DirtyMax
01-06-2007, 10:33 AM
less power for more money ftw :) :)

i won't even get into interior, rear end and overall fit and finish :rolleyes:

The motor will not run itself out of oil before the first oil change I bet though... :goof

GinoRin
01-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I just turned my 04 GTO lease back in last saturday, my buyout was like $20400. I dont know how GM figures that crap since I could have bought it for $17840 back in 04 when I leased it after using my GM card points. Instead I took the free lease for 2 years :banana1:

DirtyMax
01-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I just turned my 04 GTO lease back in last saturday, my buyout was like $20400. I dont know how GM figures that crap since I could have bought it for $17840 back in 04 when I leased it after using my GM card points. Instead I took the free lease for 2 years :banana1:

Leases generally have lower payments but then a higher buyout. But it's all based on how they think that given model will residualize. Some cars just lease out better than others. In this case, they seemed to be pretty darn close since what your buyout and what this one for sale is priced at are not too far off.