PDA

View Full Version : 300 mile update lol

88Nightmare
01-03-2007, 03:35 PM
well, I took the Saturn today up to the Ozaukee County justice facility to pay some tickets, and got one along the way. :thumbsup I was on 43 north just outside of Milwaukee county where it breaks from 55mph to 65mph. I was droppin the hammer doin a lil tap shiftin, flyin past traffic. Then I saw cherries and berries in the rear view. Got pulled over doin 88 in a 65. The cop was real cool about it. He told me he was going to pull me over anyway, but he was intrigued when he saw me blowin the doors off some BMW. Plus he said he never saw this kind of car on the road before. I was very happy to explain to him what it was, and he was surprised to see it was a Saturn. After talking to him for awhile, he let me go and ticketed me doing 7 over instead of 23 over :headbang

Silver350
01-03-2007, 03:41 PM
LOL time to sell that thing

88Nightmare
01-03-2007, 03:49 PM
the thing is very tricky. the car is ultra quiet and smooth, so its tough to gauge your own speed without looking at the speedo unlike my truck. I mean my truck doesnt have stock exhaust, but still, I can guess the speed better then in the Aura. That Aura doesnt have saturns crappy ass plastic body panels, it has what saturn calls "quiet steel". Dealerships have a sample of this. Its like double layered metal with sound deadening inbetween the layers. When you try to flick this piece of metal, it just goes thunk. They have a regular piece of metal and when you flick that, it goes tink just like any normal metal would. its kinda neat. oh yeah, the door gaps must be really tight on this car, no wind noise whatsoever, not even at 90mph (I had been doing over 90 just to open it up, the cop must have clocked me when I slowed down for the bend) :D

Cryptic
01-03-2007, 03:53 PM
you have alot of toys... jeez...

sorry to hear about the ticket. congrats on the BMW kill :goof

88Nightmare
01-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Id like to clarify the BMW kill, it wasnt really a race. He was sitting in the left lane, and when I went to pass him, he kinda gassed it to piss me off further apparently, so I dropped her into manual mode and started tapshiftin his ass. Guess I was first around the curve 'cause the cop nailed me instead of him.

Toys are toys. Im far from rich, I just happen to stumble upon good deals. Price on my 06 silverado before tax and warranty and all that jazz was 24g's, and its a loaded out LT2 with everything but leather, Aura with my pop's demo discount is about $107 per month, 4wheeler was purchased during a clearance sale, and the honda I bought for 300 bucks lol.

hrsp
01-03-2007, 11:20 PM
stop hot rodding moms car!!!!!!

88Nightmare
01-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I pay for it, I will hot rod it at will :D

BadAzzGTA89
01-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Gotta watch Ozaukee County they are good at hiding :mad:

H8RADE
01-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Please let us all know how it goes when you get the oil changed for the first time.
Take pics.
Can't wait to hear more about your mom's fuggin' plastic car.
This is truly a great thread, and I am a better man for having seen it.
Got any cousins with cool cars or new microwaves that you want to post about?
:rolf

88Nightmare
01-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Ill let you know about when I take the car in and they put the wrong kind of oil in there and spill it everywhere.