PDA

View Full Version : No more DUI/OWI's for Yota drivers...

RanJer
01-03-2007, 01:20 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/02/D8MDILP82.html

I thought it was interesting.. Sounds expensive though, but for what it supposed to do, worth it. I still see problems with it initially.

Flight_740
01-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Government makes to much money on OWI's. They will probably shoot down the idea.:rolf

GRAMPS SS
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Cars fitted with the detection system will not start if sweat sensors in the driving wheel detect high levels of alcohol in the driver's bloodstream, according to a report carried by the mass-circulation daily, Asahi Shimbun.

wear gloves..problem solved.....:thumbsup :alcoholic

hrsp
01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
i smell lawsuites when it malfucntions and turns off on the highway and the guy flys over a railing and off a cliff....

but a cool idea..

RanJer
01-03-2007, 01:37 PM
wear gloves..problem solved.....:thumbsup :alcoholic

That's assuming it doesn't need to detect skin at all. If it doesn't need to detect skin you could just get a steering wheel cover and never worry about it again.

:alcoholic +:3gears: will be reserved for American cars made by people that don't care about people. :rolf

Karps TA
01-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Will they also come out with one that prevents old people and dipshits with cell phones from being on the road?

GRAMPS SS
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
they had that one YUGO......it failed as well only old people and dipshits with cell phones had em....stopped making the car they moved on

Feature Pony
01-03-2007, 01:54 PM
not only that, nothing like driving on the freeway at 3 am and hitting this car that just stalled in the fast lane and the driver left it.. I just think people need to think before they drink and drive..

Crawlin
01-03-2007, 04:27 PM
easy, breathalizer that they've had for MANY years before being able to start car. although you could do like 40y/o virgin and have someone else blow, but seriously, what kinda friend would that be.

Al
01-04-2007, 12:42 AM
How about a life-time requirement for any dui convict in their car (the breathalizer thing).

I don't need that in my ride. I can picture myself sitting in the car after painting some furnature or spraying a car. The alcohols (some of the solvents are alcohols) in the paints and stains would trigger one of those off for days after I use them.

How about the one which senses the ambient air in the car? Imagine having your windows down as you drive down 94/41 at 27th street. . . that area tends to smell rather bad (yeast)!