PDA

View Full Version : 200 mile update

88Nightmare
01-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Well, my mom just rolled 200 miles in the Saturn Aura today. Everything about the car is great, however, its alread been in for service. The Saturn Aura has what they call "ambient lighting". There is dim orange lighting coming down from the overhead console shining onto the center console/shifter/chrome area. Its not bright, its just enough to give a certain elegant look. This lighting is also found in the two front inside door handles. The driver side one stopped working the first day we had it. Dealership determined a whole door wiring harness was required to repair it. no big deal, warranty = free. The other thing we noticed is on the headliner in the back, there are 4 caps missing. They don't really hold the roof liner up, but it does cover up 4 holes. So that will also be repaired under warranty. Aside from these 2 miniscule details, the car is great! My mom is always getting comments, and most people don't even realize its a Saturn. What a blast it is to drive!

DirtyMax
01-02-2007, 10:20 PM
It's not a bad looking car, no doubt. Just a few "first year" bugs hopefully.

88Nightmare
01-02-2007, 10:25 PM
yeah, thats what im thinkin. Thats why we decided to lease instead of buy. if we like the car after the lease, we may end up buying it out, but for now, we figured leasing was our best bet. The car totally rocks, aside from a lightbulb burning out. We can live without it, but why should we, when the car is brand new and the warranty is there.

wikked
01-03-2007, 09:07 AM
My dad is heavily considering one of those.
From '72 Nova to MX-3 turbo to Grand Prix GTP to '82 vette... to Saturn Aura.
yeesh :goof

Still trying to talk him into the Sky Redline :D

88Nightmare
01-03-2007, 10:08 AM
the sky redline is a sweet ride. 260hp I believe, turbo 4 cylinder.

Slow Joe
01-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Hrmm should I do a 9,000 mile update thread on the Fusion :rolf

Flight_740
01-03-2007, 11:33 AM

It would probably start with "Thank god this thing has a warranty":rolf :rolf

Slow Joe
01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Not an issue to date...

88Nightmare
01-03-2007, 11:58 AM
my mothers car has been a pleasure to drive the few short times I got to drive it, and she has nothing but nice things to say about it. Its just these 2 minor issues. But neither one of the problems dramatically effects the car at all, and doesn't affect that cars ability to drive one bit. I'd give the car a 9/10 so far, just because of these minor issues.

Poncho
01-03-2007, 09:28 PM

i have a 5000 mile update on the mustang.

she took it in for it's first oil change a few weeks ago, and even though the owners manual shows 5w30 Synthetic for the 4.0, they put in 5w20 NON-synthetic

it's good in the snow that we've had, and overall it's a nice car, w/ a cheap interior, alabeit comfortable.

hows your fusion holding up? :thumbsup

DirtyMax
01-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Not an issue to date...

Here neither. She loves her Fusion. Saw on the TV something about it being rated best dependable new car based on service claims.. or lack thereof. :thumbsup