PDA

View Full Version : Downy Ball...

awsomeears
12-31-2006, 06:25 PM
WTF I just bought one and im using downy but the ****er wont open up in the wash.

I need some help, ask your wifes wtf am I doing wrong.

:stare :rolf

nismodave
12-31-2006, 06:27 PM
WTF I just bought one and im using downy but the ****er wont open up in the wash.

Its supposed to open on the spin cycle b4 rinse.....not during wash cycle.

Yooformula
12-31-2006, 08:00 PM
you have to keep your hand in the wash to open the ball, make sure the lid is closed though or the spin cycle wont work too.

GRAMPS SS
12-31-2006, 08:11 PM
i do the cloths in this household...go ahead you ****ers laught, but i know what i'm doing...dave is right, it won't open in the wash cycle, only in the rinse........all you do is fill to the line , pull up on the plunger and drop in the machine......can't live without that toy...noway am i going to keep checking the machine to add softner....all else fails...turn on machine , crawl in and see what happens as it's running.....you get clean and your wife or girl friend will think your soft....

HITMAN
12-31-2006, 08:23 PM

YOU! OFF MY PLANET! NOW!

HITMAN
12-31-2006, 08:31 PM
i do the cloths in this household...go ahead you ****ers laught, but i know what i'm doing...dave is right, it won't open in the wash cycle, only in the rinse........all you do is fill to the line , pull up on the plunger and drop in the machine......can't live without that toy...noway am i going to keep checking the machine to add softner....all else fails...turn on machine , crawl in and see what happens as it's running.....you get clean and your wife or girl friend will think your soft....

I think you're soft... in the head. :goof

Don't any of you turds own a modern machine that you can just pour the softener in the little dispenser deally made for it? I think I'd rather trust the technology built into the machine than some $.10 piece of plastic.

Good lord, I'm having a discussion about fabric softener. Somebody shoot me...

GRAMPS SS
12-31-2006, 08:57 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^bang......your Welcome

theavenger333
01-01-2007, 01:18 AM
who the hell uses liquid fabric softener?

wikked
01-01-2007, 07:49 PM
The Downy fabric-softener ball has to be one of the simplest inventions ever. The ball is a self-contained timing device, meaning that you don't have to wait for the spin cycle to insert the liquid fabric softener into a load of laundry.

The ball utilizes Newton's first law of motion -- "An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force" -- in an ingenious way to dispense the liquid at the correct time during the wash.

Initially, the ball floats on top of the water in a top-loading washer (front-loading washers cannot use the ball because it needs a vertically aligned cylinder for the release mechanism to work). The ball stays this way through the first few normal cycles. The liquid fabric softener is kept inside the ball by a rubber gasket connected to a rubber weight that hangs toward the center of the ball. The seal that is formed can withstand a fairly hefty force, which you can see for yourself if you try to open it.

As the spin cycle begins, the ball is thrown against the side of the washer with a great deal of force. This is where Newton's first law comes into play.

As the ball travels towards the side of the washer, both the hard outer shell and the rubber weight in the center are travelling at a certain speed and in a certain direction -- they have momentum. Once the ball hits the wall, the outer shell is immediately stopped, but the rubber weight can still move inside the ball. The weight keeps travelling with the same momentum toward the wall. Since the weight is connected to the gasket, once the weight reaches a certain angle the gasket is popped and the seal is compromised. At this point, the ball sinks, and the water in the base of the washer flows in to mix with the fabric softener. The mixture then flows out of the ball and into your clothing at precisely the right moment -- and you didn't have to time it yourself!

</thread>

Silver350
01-02-2007, 06:46 AM
I have two of them and they work great. When you close the Ball pull gently on the ring to close it if you pull to hard and it seals to well then it will not open on the rinse cycle. After a couple of washes the rubber will losen up where you wont have that problem anymore. Hope that helped.

WilliamZ
01-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Works good for me.

GRNDNL
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I hear the first few times you use it you need to fill it with used motor oil to "break" it in properly......;)

Cutlass Queen
01-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh man too funny...downy balls and guys in the same thread....:rolf :rolf

What's next recipe secrets boys?:goof

RanJer
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.downy.com/images/en-US/popups/illustration_ball.gif
http://www.downy.com/en_US/products/downyball.jsp

Silver350
01-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Just add Beer and it will make and crappy meal taste a little better. :thumbsup

wikked
01-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Hey some of us can cook pretty decently :shades

awsomeears
01-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Come on now, I figured most of you loosers are married :stare :rolf

j/k

Well I think I found out my problem, I like to cram as much shit in the washer so that slows the spining speed down.

:banana1:

HITMAN
01-02-2007, 10:51 PM

Watch it, sister. More of the worlds great chefs are men than women. You chicks just stick to tuna casserole, and let us guys cook the stuff that actually tastes good... http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_tongue.gif