PDA

View Full Version : anyone know a shop who will install a cat delete?

ekstatixx
12-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey all. My friggin 97 audi A4 quattro is pissing me off. there is no room to work in this thing, and i cant get the cat completely off. does anyone know a shop that will take my cat off and install my cat delete?

its driven me to either take the sawzall to it, or pay someone to do it. I sound like a ricer with my open dp.

i tried a few exhaust shops, and even called king motorsports, but they hate audi so......... lol

any ideas??

juicedimpss
12-28-2006, 02:11 PM
depending how soon you want it done,id take that on. :D

Flicktitty
12-28-2006, 02:21 PM
you might want to take it to DubWorks in Chicago Big VW/Audi shop but that will cost some pretty decent change. maybe Jake (topstreet) could/would do it or maybe BEE?

Yooformula
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM
removing your cat is illegal:wink:

HRSEPLA
12-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Southside=Sawzall

juicedimpss
12-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Southside=Sawzall
yep.

ekstatixx
12-28-2006, 03:47 PM
depending how soon you want it done,id take that on. :D

when ever you wanted. i was thinking as soon after new years would be best. i got one of the 3 bolts off, one is hard to reach, and the other is under a bend on the cats pipe. i had trouble reaching it even with a swivel on the ratchet. There is almost no room to get a box end wrench in there. i think the best bet would be to use a crows foot, but then you have no ability to loosen it. if you are still interested, let me know, when and how much you would like me to throw at ya. thanks.

juicedimpss
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
message me after the new year, we will set something up

Al
12-28-2006, 11:00 PM
With your A4, the bolts directly below the cat will not come undone. You need to remove the air box, the right tranny mount, and then undo the exhaust clamp thing. If your car is anything like mine, you will need an air hammer to get the damn thing to move.

There is a test pipe out there which goes from the turbo flange to that clamp thing underneath.

IMO, the funny thing is that I have now done this about 6 times so I can remove the whole works in about 20 minutes, starting with the air box.

ekstatixx
01-02-2007, 12:49 PM
yeah the airbox came out easy. i looked around for what else i could remove but saw nothing.ill stare at her for a lil bit more and see what i can do