PDA

View Full Version : My letter to charcoal grill

animal
12-28-2006, 08:02 AM
*EDIT* see below, the president of charcoal grill contacted me and offered a remedy to the situation, I'll keep you posted here

I always post these, so that I can spread word further. I will let you know if they take steps to remedy the situation, and also if they do not.

I've been to the charcoal grill numerous times in the past 5-6 years, many different locations, and have always been happy with my visits. However, this past tuesday we came as a group for lunch as we have many times in the past. This time was different, as we ordered a pitcher of beer instead of individual glasses. To our surprise, we got the bill and saw that 2 pitchers of Blue Moon cost $36.00. Thirty six dollars for two pitchers of Beer? I went up to ask the bartender if this was a mistake. She assured me it wasn't, and then told me that glasses of Blue moon were $4 each. That would be fine, except that we only got 3 glasses out of each pitcher, not 4, not 3.5, not even close to 3 and a shot glass full. With that in mind, 4 glasses would have cost us $16, which if you've done the math by now is two dollars less, for a whole glass more. I am extremely disappointed in this matter, to the point that I will never again come to a charcoal grill. I feel that I was taken adventage of as a customer. Everyone knows beer is always cheaper by the pitcher as opposed to the glass, or at least so we thought. I expect the $18 pitcher when compared to $4 glasses to be at LEAST 4.5 glasses (hence the value in a pitcher), not 3. Am I getting bent out of shape over a glass of beer? Yes, because I think this is rediculous. In the end, we paid for our meal and the highway robbery prices for 6 glasses of beer, and left. Hopefully the rest of the world doesn't take on this same mentality, or we'll be paying exponentially more for a tank of gas than buying it a gallon at a time. This has fully upset me, and unless some steps are taken to remedy the situation with me, I will not only never come back to any charcoal grill, I will also spread this to everyone I know and advise they choose another establishment for their dinner outings. Thank you for your time, consideration, and the opportunity to give you my feedback.

y2kws6
12-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Nicely put.

Dan

I need to do something like that for the new Red Robin Burger joint we went to last night.

RanJer
12-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow that sucks... Hopefully you get some discount cards or something. Good luck.

juicedimpss
12-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Nicely put.

Dan

I need to do something like that for the new Red Robin Burger joint we went to last night.
didnt like the $10 burger?

Crawlin
12-28-2006, 08:28 AM
I love Red Robin....

haven't been to the new one, but always went to the one in Kaukauna when i was dating someone up there

animal
12-28-2006, 08:39 AM
I liked the burger from red robin, but going there always makes me eat way too many fries. Why isn't there any "all u can eat burgers" ever?

94greenbandit
12-28-2006, 11:04 AM
I love that new Red Robin. I think there burgers are great.

juicedimpss
12-28-2006, 11:05 AM
I love Red Robin....

haven't been to the new one, but always went to the one in Kaukauna when i was dating someone up there
the food is good,but it seems noisy in there.

94greenbandit
12-28-2006, 11:07 AM

True the sounds do bounce off the walls too easily

Myles
12-28-2006, 11:08 AM
i love the food at the new red robin, only thing i hate is the waitress. Holy ******* perky. Take it down a notch.

GRAMPS SS
12-28-2006, 11:19 AM
I love Red Robin....

your like a sailor...you have one in every port don't you:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

88Nightmare
12-28-2006, 11:23 AM
where is there a red robins around here? im hungry lol

Myles
12-28-2006, 11:24 AM
on 76th street

94greenbandit
12-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Right next to applebees at southridge mall

88Nightmare
12-28-2006, 11:38 AM
hmm, im gonna have to check that out. whats so special about the place? i know nothing about it.

animal
12-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Since you guys are interested in red robin, maybe this reply isn't of as much concern to you. But the president did make an effort to remedy the situation.

Thanks for your feedback from our website. I can assure you that the pricing on that is not correct. I will be speaking to all store managers regarding this today. Can I send you a gift certificate to off set your pricing concerns?

I'll let you guys know what value it comes back as. For now, hold off on the "boycott". Go there freely as it appears maybe it was indeed a mistake by the bartender.

juicedimpss
12-28-2006, 11:41 AM
hmm, im gonna have to check that out. whats so special about the place? i know nothing about it.
bottomless steak fries.

Crawlin
12-28-2006, 12:41 PM
LMAO at wayne...

bottomless steak fries? oh shit!!!

jbiscuit
12-28-2006, 05:34 PM
red robin sucks.

Fuddruckers FTW!

y2kws6
12-28-2006, 05:37 PM
I did not mean to take over the post with Red Robin, sorry for that. It is great that you might get something good out of your experience.

Dan

nismodave
12-28-2006, 07:32 PM
FVCK THE CHARCOAL GRILL!!!!!

I will never go there again.......They cant do anything right. I havent been there in years.:flipoff2:

Reverend Cooper
12-28-2006, 07:57 PM
vicki and i have stopped going there also,i think texas roadhouse will put them under in west bend

Greg@GLD
12-28-2006, 08:41 PM
There's a red Robin also on 107th & Good Hope. I ate at one for the first time last year when I was in Detroit for the auto show and I wished they had them here. Now they do. :D

GRAMPS SS
12-28-2006, 08:46 PM
There's a red Robin also on 107th & Good Hope. I ate at one for the first time last year when I was in Detroit for the auto show and I wished they had them here. Now they do. :D

you were at a different corner in town or mistaken Greg...thats a RUBY TUESDAY on the corner of 107th and good hope..............:thumbsup

Holeshot
12-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Good letter.

Goat Roper
12-28-2006, 09:54 PM
The kids certainly like Red Robins. The burgers certainly seem to be good so I give'em a thumbs up to I guess.

Cryptic
12-28-2006, 11:57 PM

same with Cheesecake Factory.... you spend a ton in there and you can even have a descent conversation across the table without shouting.

88Nightmare
12-29-2006, 12:05 AM
the cheesecake factory is good shiznit. main course, or dessert :D

Greg@GLD
12-29-2006, 12:24 AM
you were at a different corner in town or mistaken Greg...thats a RUBY TUESDAY on the corner of 107th and good hope..............:thumbsup

Yup, you're right- opps. :wow

GRAMPS SS
12-29-2006, 09:05 AM
the cheesecake factory is good shiznit. main course, or dessert :D

the best is cheesecake factory.....good steak and the cheescakes are great......bring your wallet full...........it maybe a little empty when you leave , but well worth it:thumbsup

Cryptic
12-29-2006, 09:33 AM
the best is cheesecake factory.....good steak and the cheescakes are great......bring your wallet full...........it maybe a little empty when you leave , but well worth it:thumbsup

I agree... its just too damn loud in there.

GRAMPS SS
12-29-2006, 09:47 AM
i think i'll try the new cheesecake factory at bayshore...see if it's a little less noisey........its new so the food better be good and not no rookies working the kitchen...........

WilliamZ
12-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I agree... its just too damn loud in there.

and the fact that you might end up sitting within 2ft of someone you don't know and might not want to know...

pOrk
12-29-2006, 02:27 PM
This thread got OWNED

Red Robin is the shit! A bit expensive, but those fries are bomb!

All we need now is a Cici's all you can eat pizza joint like they have in Michigan and Florida, and we will be set. Only 5 bucks a plate for all you can eat, YESSS!

Rhiannon
12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
FVCK THE CHARCOAL GRILL!!!!!

I will never go there again.......They cant do anything right. I havent been there in years.:flipoff2:

No shit, and what's with them not having a bartender in until 4pm? I brought in a bunch of my alcoholic friends in on a Tuesday afternoon and we had to wait until the moronic managers to look up how to make a capt/coke. I was pissed. I timed it and from the time we ordered our drinks to the time we all received them, it was 20 mins. It's pretty bad when your food comes out before your drinks. LAME! The was the one in Hales Corners. :fire

Feature Pony
12-29-2006, 04:33 PM
This thread got OWNED

Red Robin is the shit! A bit expensive, but those fries are bomb!

All we need now is a Cici's all you can eat pizza joint like they have in Michigan and Florida, and we will be set. Only 5 bucks a plate for all you can eat, YESSS!

There is a fire stone pizza place off of I43 that has all you can eat pizza all day, plus after you get done chowing down they have rides and bumper cars you can puke all of that good food up. I think they even have mac & cheese pizza..

Prince Valiant
12-29-2006, 05:26 PM
The "Red Robin Royale" burger is the best I've had...who'wuda thunk eggs, bacon, cheese, hambuger, mayo would go so well together?!? But then, just saying all that makes it sound sooo damn good.

My problem with the cheescake factory is this: How the hell can a place have 15 pages of specialties? What, are they just so damn good at everything? And sorry, they don't even have the best cheescakes in town for that matter. And it's just too damn easy to run up a 250 dollar bill at that place.

Yooformula
12-29-2006, 05:42 PM
No shit, and what's with them not having a bartender in until 4pm? I brought in a bunch of my alcoholic friends in on a Tuesday afternoon and we had to wait until the moronic managers to look up how to make a capt/coke. I was pissed. I timed it and from the time we ordered our drinks to the time we all received them, it was 20 mins. It's pretty bad when your food comes out before your drinks. LAME! The was the one in Hales Corners. :fire

Rhi, only YOU would time the service in a restaurant! Did you pick up that mustang or what?

nismodave
12-29-2006, 05:46 PM
The service at most reaturaunts sucks anyway.

That BW3s on Mayfair rd is the worst.

pOrk
12-29-2006, 06:22 PM
There is a fire stone pizza place off of I43 that has all you can eat pizza all day, plus after you get done chowing down they have rides and bumper cars you can puke all of that good food up. I think they even have mac & cheese pizza..

Thats 12 bucks a plate, I am cheap!

The service at most reaturaunts sucks anyway.

That BW3s on Mayfair rd is the worst.

I heard that place has rats :wow

animal
01-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Not that it matters in the "red robin" thread, but the manager called me after the president emailed me. She said it was an incorrect price put into the computer system. The pitchers should've in fact cost $12 each... which essentially makes them absolutely no benefit to buy, but they calculated that I lost $12 on the deal and gave me a $15 gift cert to use at any charcoal grill. I am satisfied with the response.

I'll let you all know the next restaurant to do something wrong as it comes along :)

Yooformula
01-01-2007, 03:54 AM
way to go Animal!

GRAMPS SS
01-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Tumbleweeds has really gone down the crapper on park place off of 107th.....

way to go Animal, and least you got somthing back from them, but will you visit them again.............................

JC70SS
01-01-2007, 12:03 PM
All I can say is Texas Roadhouse has great food, bit their drinks are TERRIBLE!!! Very weak.

animal
01-01-2007, 12:26 PM
way to go Animal, and least you got somthing back from them, but will you visit them again.............................

Of course. I gave them the chance to turn it around with the threat I wouldn't come back. They did what they felt would remedy the situation, and I am happy with that. There are places that wouldn't have done $hit after receiving my complaint, and those are on the list of places I won't go anymore.

pOrk
01-01-2007, 01:59 PM
All I can say is Texas Roadhouse has great food, bit their drinks are TERRIBLE!!! Very weak.

I wasn't happy with the service there at all. We waited an hour to be seated with the agreement that we wait one hour for 8 seats TOGETHER, instead of 30 minutes for two separate tables. We were seated at seperate tables after our 60 minute wait, with 4 deaf people. Guess what! You cant talk to deaf people back to back :chair: That, and it took FOREVER for the waitress to take our order ( another 30 minutes before she returned ).

indyzmike
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Tumbleweeds has really gone down the crapper on park place off of 107th

Just ate there on Friday, not too bad. The wait staff seems to go out of their way to do a good job. I think we need some new place to move in and show Tumbleweeds and Brisco County how it's done, the right way.

SSDude
01-01-2007, 02:57 PM
:thumbsup
Awsome waitress at Hooter Greenfield.
Alyssa takes great care of her customers.
Flat beer no problem what would you like instead.
Undercooked wings no problem your wings and buffalo shrimp are free.
Nice to know they give a shmit about the customer.
Alyssa got a great tip and not just for the bodaciuos tata's
:thumbsup

BadAzzGTA89
01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Just ate there on Friday, not too bad. The wait staff seems to go out of their way to do a good job. I think we need some new place to move in and show Tumbleweeds and Brisco County how it's done, the right way.
There is a place opening right next to Tumbleweed forgot the name tho:confused

GRAMPS SS
01-01-2007, 03:16 PM
There is a place opening right next to Tumbleweed forgot the name tho:confused

RUBY TUESDAY

Rhiannon
01-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Rhi, only YOU would time the service in a restaurant! Did you pick up that mustang or what?

Friday I will be going to pick it up. Are you working Friday night? If you are, I could swing by for you to have a first look. :)