PDA

View Full Version : calibrated MAF & injectors?!??!

sloLs1
12-27-2006, 07:31 PM
I am helping my buddy build a turbo set-up for his '94 mustang GT. The only thing that we are going to have a problem with is the ECM/tuning. I saw in Jeg's or summit (cant remeber which one) that they sell a calibrated MAF for 42lb/hr injectors. It comes in a kit. my question is... if he buys this, can we just install the Calibrated mass air flow and the 42lb/hr injectors and be on our happy boosting way or will the factory computer have a hard time "learning" boost??? :confused :confused :confused

Brandon W.
12-27-2006, 07:37 PM
im thinking the computer will go retarded. most computers wont just accept boost..it might work as long as you keep the boost low 5-7 psi.anything more then that seems unrealistic with a stock n/t computer

silververt
12-28-2006, 12:04 AM
You will need some kind of aftermarket ECU piggyback system. The 94-95gt computers throw a ton of timing in at WOT and part throttle settings. I went through numerous sets of head gaskets before I figured a MSD-BTM wouldn't cut it even at very low boost levels. I got a AFM PMS and that solved that issue. The 94-95 are just a PIA to tune in general. I may be parting out my 94gt. Selling the 42lb injectors & Pro-m meter too. Also the PMS and interlog software. Pm me if interested