PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous w/ Blower

Bee
12-24-2006, 01:34 AM
Just curious how V8's hold up to Nitrous w/ a blower. Noticed a good number uses 2 power adders. With even good/proper tuning, do melt-downs occur more often w/ n2o? I'm thinking about nitrousing or going with a bigger turbo...

hopefully you guys don't mind me asking....eventhough the setups are of two different worlds...:thumbsup

good luck to all in 07 :thumbsup

Lash
12-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Depends on a lot of things...like which "V8" youre using and how the motor is set-up...lol.

I think the question needs to be more specific.

junk mx6 no rly
12-24-2006, 01:19 PM
yeah which v8 kind of like someone saying i want to run 12's the cheapest way possible, which vehicle should i go with youll get alot of answers inless you say what vehicle and motor you have.

sloLs1
12-24-2006, 05:11 PM
well it is in the "mustang" section.... but i geuss that doesnt mean much....

Bee
12-26-2006, 03:32 PM
mustang v8... that's why i am in here... hehe :thumbsup

what do you guys usually tear up...

rings/pistons/????? yes even with conservative tuning!!!!

HRSEPLA
12-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Hey, I just saw this in here, had to knock the dust off this forum... lol

With the stock 5 litre blocks '87-'93, rods, pistons, cranks are not the weak links... The actual blocks are the first to give under power.
At about 550-600fwhp the crank tries to come out of the block through the 2 bolt main caps and the block usually cracks before any of the internals fail.
I have had a few motors give up this way over the years. (Adding RPM's 6500+ and/or detonation will speed the process... lol)
With that in mind, even the old base line Vortech S- trim superchargers can easily end your fun with moderate boost, let alone adding nitrous...

Even those with aftermarket blocks (I.E. Dart, Ford A4, etc.) with larger street blowers(Vortech YSI) or a turbo(74mm and up) by themselves can easily make 1000hp on 18+ psi without 'needing' an intercooler, methanol, or nitrous.
These newer blower and turbos are VERY streetable, ramp up EXTREMELY fast and can put you in the 8's.

Bee
12-26-2006, 06:22 PM
thx for the info...:)