PDA

View Full Version : MMA fans....anyone keeping up on all of the news?

Yooformula
12-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Pride may be up for sale this year. They are entertaining offers including WWE, UFC just bought out WEC and WFA leagues. UFC is now signing over with HBO to show their fights. Looks like a big year for MMA. Anyone else watching this stuff that knows of more?

supra213
12-21-2006, 04:56 AM
Thats pretty much it. Aside from UFC signing some big MMA talent (I'm sure more is on the way) and WWE signing a couple of former MMA guy to wrestling contracts. Anybody here anything about the team fight league? Shamrock is a coach and I think the season just started.

nismodave
12-21-2006, 04:19 PM
What does that have to do with Midwest Mustang Assn???

VroomPshhTsi
12-21-2006, 04:22 PM

:rolf :rolf :rolf

man i can't wait for tito/liddell 2

Lash
12-21-2006, 04:33 PM
It's definitely getting interesting.

moels
12-21-2006, 06:11 PM
I just saw a video yesterday of Brock Lesner and Royce Gracie talking about Brock training with Royce to be an MMA fighter. Not sure what group he is going to be with. Yoo, maybe you've heard?

GTSLOW
12-21-2006, 06:48 PM

I was wondering the same thing :rolf

Lash
12-21-2006, 06:51 PM
I cant wait to see some WWE guys get owned.

Yooformula
12-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Brock would have to lose ALOT of weight to get back down to his collegiate wrestling weight. Oh and get of teh sauce.....

I cant believe they chose BJ penn for the next coach of TUF. Rich franklin set to fight Mike Swick for his first fight back. EVERY fighter loses at least once, its how they bounce back that determines their mental game. I think Quick Swick is going to get busted up real quick!

supra213
12-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Brock Lesnar signed with Hero's if I'm not mistaken

Yooformula
12-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Interesting stuff. WWE has been fighting with him tooth and nail to keep him from competing in ANY sports venue. They lost almost every fight legally and he has been cleaning house in japan simply dominating fighters left and right. He cant get a visa to travel anymore so he had to sign with a house here so he could continue his career.

"On April 28, 2006, Brock Lesnar appeared inside the ring after the final match of K-1 Hero's Las Vegas and has since signed a deal with the K-1/Hero's. He is currently training with Minnesota Martial Arts Academy under Greg Nelson coach to UFC Lightweight champion Sean Sherk and with University of Minnesota Head Assistant wrestling coach Marty Morgan. Brock Lesnar announced on 12 August 2006 in Las Vegas that he has joined the K-1 promotion and will have his first Mixed martial arts match in February 2007 [1]. Royce Gracie then announced that he will serve as Lesnar's trainer [2]."

moels
12-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Good info, Thanks Yoo

stowsea
12-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Im really curious to see what Mike Tyson is capable of in PRIDE

Prescott
12-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Im really curious to see what Mike Tyson is capable of in PRIDE

I thought Tyson was just supposed to fight some exhibition boxing matches.
In a MMA fight he would get his ass handed to him.

fireguyrick
12-22-2006, 04:47 PM
I thought Tyson was just supposed to fight some exhibition boxing matches.
In a MMA fight he would get his ass handed to him.

Not necessarily. Would depend if he could land a good solid punch before he would get taken to the mat.

Rick