PDA

View Full Version : What xmas gifts are you giving?

Crawlin
12-19-2006, 08:46 PM
what are some cool things you've found to give out as presents? I haven't seen this topic posted yet. That and I need some good ideas. I only got my dad, mom, and sister, and I can't think of ANYTHING worthwhile to give to them!

Chris

Teufelhunden
12-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Whats your budget?

dr doom
12-19-2006, 09:34 PM
i got myself this........

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c181/dctrdoom/gsxr1k.jpg

other then that i havent done any shopping, we exchange names so i only have to buy for one person...... sorry im really no help at all.

Heat Seeker WS6
12-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Chris- your dad into golf too? I'm getting my dad a gift certificate to that driving range on 27th st in O.C.

88Nightmare
12-19-2006, 10:20 PM
my present list so far:
mom - 2007 Saturn Aura
pops - laptop
bro - a few funny stickers from runkel brothers and a B&M ratchet shifter
my woman - havent decided, but I was thinking about my "something" in a box :D

hrsp
12-20-2006, 01:09 AM
girlfriend- diamond ring
nieces and nephews-TONS O TOYS!!!
dad- tires for truck-
step mom- wolf statue

SlowStee
12-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Got my mom a nice digital camera, her first one ever

Ricky Bobby
12-20-2006, 06:59 AM
only had to buy for wife
ipod
dvd's
and a perfume she wanted for awhile

Silver350
12-20-2006, 07:17 AM
My family was pretty easy to shop for this year.... No one really wanted anything because we have everything we need. Mostly everyone wanted Cd or Gift cards

Crawlin
12-20-2006, 08:46 AM
our family's problem is that there is NO suprise whatsoever. i mean my dad gives us an idea of what he wants, then while shopping with my mom, they'll BOTH buy like 3/4 of their list themselves, and then that only leaves a couple other things for my sister and I. I mean like my mom bought everything but the george foreman grill for herself. i mean sure as a small gift it's fine, but there's no suprise and it really isn't anything special.

same thing for my dad, my dad's got so much golf crap, doesn't need anything else. And with us both being members at westmoor, they have their own driving range so we never go anywhere else for that.

I'm not really thinking budget, just stuff that has something worthwhile that would actually suprise them. My sister I took care of now. SO it's just parents. Think I'll be looking at something at Junk's mom's jewelry store for MY mom.

Any new cool tools or electronic devices? He did just buy himself the 30gig Ipod video, hahah, which he had on his list of wishes.

UnderPSI
12-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Remote start is a good gift. You can use it all year too. I got one for my mom this year and she thinks it's the coolest thing ever. :thumbsup I can get you guys a deal on one through Project Two.

67-400
12-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Mom: Christmas Village pieces for her well populated village
Dad: Harley Davidson clock with neon ring around it for garage
Brother: GTO Book, he's got an 06 GTO
G/F: Bucks game, DVD's, CD's, Perfume, Starbucks Starbucks and more Starbucks stuff.

Thats it

Heat Seeker WS6
12-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Any new cool tools or electronic devices? He did just buy himself the 30gig Ipod video, hahah, which he had on his list of wishes.

New Home theater gear for him? I just picked up Arcam at my store. They're made in the UK and sound awesome. One of thier DVD players sounded better than a Denon on a head to head test we did with Paradigm speakers.
Or... how about a custom remote control? I talked my boss into letting me order any remote that Universal Remote Control makes including the MX3000.

UnderPSI
12-20-2006, 09:31 AM
That's a good idea, get him a touch screen remote. :thumbsup

Flight_740
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Eddie martini gift certificates for all!

Heat Seeker WS6
12-20-2006, 10:06 AM
That's a good idea, get him a touch screen remote. :thumbsup

I just got done creating a b1ch'n graphics layout for that remote.

Here's some samples of it.....

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3784/mx3000samp1ws4.png
This layout shows its ability to control mutlipule rooms in a house. This is a system I'm working on now for a customer that has several rooms they want the remote to control. The user simply presses the picture of the room they want to control.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4457/mx3000samp2mc2.png
After choosing the room to be controlled, they then choose what they want to watch or listen to in that room.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1551/mx3000samp3ae6.png
Here's the keypad page for watching Cable or Satellite. Other buttons come up on the screen if they press the "NAV" or "Control" tabs at the top of the screen area.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9157/mx3000samp4lb4.png
This is my jewel page.... Everyone complains about the radio part of thier receiver that they cant work it. My solution- press the icon of the station you want and the receiver goes there automatically.

It doesn't get any easier than that.

Firefighter Z
12-20-2006, 10:12 AM
I got my girlfriend a ring and bracelet from rogers and hollands- she already knows since she was there to pick it out
everyone else were giving gift cards to, cant go wrong that way i figure

Crawlin
12-20-2006, 10:14 AM
haha, come on now... you guys have met him before... he ALREADY has a touch screen remote. His new caddy already has remote start

PS - Brad thanks for hte hookup for the '04 Accord. had them do the power locks in the car.