PDA

View Full Version : Action Powersports, what a bunch of assholes

pOrk
12-19-2006, 12:12 PM
I took my bike in there for a new rear tire recently. Normally, I would dismount the rim and take it in as a rim/tire to get the cheaper installation price. I didn't have a car, so I took the whole bike in.

Anyways, I asked for a new rear tire ( Dunlop Q ) to be purchased and installed and I needed rear pads but I was going to install those myself.

After strolling around the store for what seemed to be well over an hour, the tech comes up front and whispers something to the parts counter guy which calls me over. I need front pads too, along with a new clutch and my front tire had high spots/low spots and was way out of balance. Bullshit, I just had the bike going 70 10 minutes prior to going there with NO problems and the front brakes I thought were fine. Whatever, I don't want that shit so I paid too much for the rear pads and tire, and I was out of there.

After getting home, I ripped my front brakes apart to find the pads were still at 80%. 80%!!! I took the front wheel off and took it to my uncles shop where he put it on the balancer and sure enough, its dead nuts.

That is bullshit, to an unknowing customer they could have made the sale and cost the customer a few hundred dollars more then necessary.

PureSound15
12-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Is that the place right on the corner by Big 3? I've never been in there but they're always rippin around in the court behind our shop.

Just be glad that you have a mechanically inclinded brain and were able to smell the bullsh1t. I can't imagine how many people who know nothing about bikes get ripped off.

pOrk
12-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Its on 164 and 59, this is there website. BUYER BEWARE

http://www.actionps.com/map_hours.asp

DirtyMax
12-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Put something on record with the BBB. They are a bunch of douchebags over there.

pOrk
12-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Put something on record with the BBB. They are a bunch of douchebags over there.

I sent them an email, if I don't get a response I will demand one via the BBB. If I dont get one then, that will be neg 1 for them on the BBB website which I am A O K with :thumbsup

wikked
12-19-2006, 12:36 PM
They're ALWAYS advertising on 102.1, I swear I hear that goddamn commercial 10 times an hour if I'm listening at work.
Wonder where they get the advertising cash :rolleyes:

DirtyMax
12-19-2006, 12:50 PM
They had the exact ATV I wanted one time. I went in there and asked them what their best price was. They told me the price, which I knew from doing my homework was MSRP. No ATV sells for MSRP... far from it. They seemed offended when I said nothing more and turned around and left.

They also screwed over and shit-canned their best, nicest, and only trustworthy sales rep when they took the place over from "Lake Country". :flipoff2:

They just suck. I hope you get somewhere. Maybe your mechanic who measures the brakes and tire balance can put something on record then you can call Katrina Cravy... :devil

juicedimpss
12-19-2006, 01:29 PM
how/why would he be checking balance on the front tire anyway?
i wouldnt be mad about them letting you know the front tire having high/low spots on it (usually from improper inflation) but its pretty easy to se how much pad is left..

Feature Pony
12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
is that the old ALL PRO?? I never heard of that place but that is the same area that all pro was in.

purpl72olds
12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
No, All Pro is down the street. A good friend of mine also had problems with service work there when they were located downtown waukesha, and my dad had his fourwheeler stuck there for months when a so-called switch was on "national backorder" ? -1 IMHO

dr doom
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
that place is a pit, i went in there the other day and the parts guy tried to treat me like i was a retarded kid. **** that dump id never go back.

stock?
12-19-2006, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=PureSound15]Is that the place right on the corner by Big 3?

sounds like that corner of wuakesha i total shit. big 3 is not any better from my experience. well i guess i will cancel waukesha for car and bike stuff!.

fly5150
12-19-2006, 06:50 PM
I can't imagine how many people who know nothing about cars get ripped off.
Thats what they were saying about Big 3 last time I was in there..
Wierd