PDA

View Full Version : As long as we're all talking about food...

HITMAN
12-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Can anybody recommend a good local sea-food restaurant?

None of the restaurants I've eaten at around here serve anything more than mediocre sea-food. All the best sea-food I've had has been in restaurants on the Gulf and Atlantic coasts. The only thing I've had up here that's any good is live Maine Lobster, and it' pretty hard to fvck that up. A, it's live and therefore fresh and B, you're boiling it. If you screw that up, you probably can't even make a good P B and J. :durr

Anyhow, let's hear some suggestions, as I don't want to have to drive to some place like Florida for some really good seafood.

PS: I would prefer suggestions from those that have actually eaten fresh sea-food from one of the coasts, not someone that's never been out-of-state, as I really don't wanna hear about "Red Lobster" or some other junk like that.

Thanks!

Cjburn
12-17-2006, 08:49 AM
I spent 3 weeks on Nantucket Island, we were able to eat at any restaurant (went to about 20 of them). I have not found any place in Milwaukee that even starts to compare with what I had on the east coast, sorry to say. The clam chowder here tastes like baby puke compared to the chowder over there.

nismodave
12-17-2006, 08:52 AM
I have heard good thing about the River Lane INN in Brown Deer. My Parents have been the many times. Nothing but rave reviews.

fireguyrick
12-17-2006, 09:59 AM
I am planning on trying Devon at Bayshore within the next few days, I will let you know about it. That being said my father-in-law said that it looked pretty good there (but then again he is not a food person, but rather the health inspector in Glendale and Shorewood area). Otherwise I would have to say Mocean's is the best in Milwaukee, and that really is not saying alot about seafood in this area.

Then again, fresh seafood is kind of an oxymoron if the place is not within 20 or 30 miles of the sea.

Rick

Reverend Cooper
12-17-2006, 11:21 AM
if you get to the norfside a place called the jailhouse,its east on pleasent valley off of highway 45 north. my wife and i have been out of the states a few time and they have the best we have had,nothing can beat fresh tho.also another is called kodiak jacks in oskosh their seafood is also excellent as are the steaks very large and neat place to see

theavenger333
12-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Pieces of Eight, Sol Fire (its a bit different, but good), i've heard Eagans does good seafood

GRAMPS SS
12-17-2006, 12:05 PM
I have heard good thing about the River Lane INN in Brown Deer. My Parents have been the many times. Nothing but rave reviews.

HAVE TO AGREE WITH DAVE ON THIS ONE...THE WIFE AND I GO THERE , THE PRICES ARE FAIR AND SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE.....PLAN ON A LITTLE WAIT ON FRIDAYS....

JC70SS
12-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Egans is good. I also like the Knick too.

Flight_740
12-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Pieces of Eight, Sol Fire (its a bit different, but good), i've heard Eagans does good seafood

I 2nd peices of eight.

DirtyMax
12-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Riptide, Moceans, and Anchorage are 3 of my favorites.

$20 All You Can Eat Crab legs at Las Palmas on 60th and Burnham is pretty damn good too!

Why does Lobster have to be so friggin' expensive?!?!:drool:

P.S. If you ever have the chance, go check out Bob Chinn's in Wheeling, IL. It's just a stone's from O'Hare. The best seafood I've ever had. Their Mai-Tai's while you want are famous too!!
http://bobchinns.com/