PDA

View Full Version : If you ever want to spend some $$$$$ for a good meal.....

nismodave
12-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Go to Mr Bs. Bartollota Steakhouse. I figure you guys here appreciate a good steak.

My friend asked me where I wanted to go for my Birthday and I chose there. She and I had never been there and I heard alot of good things about it.

The place is not big, but the steaks are. :wow So are the prices. LOL

I had the NY Strip with the special Crab Hollindaise sauce.:drool: :drool: :drool: OMG....Was the best steak I ever had.

Two of us was $100 with me having 2 beers, she had a mixer, Haystack Onion Rings:drool:, and our meal.

Crawlin
12-16-2006, 07:07 PM
alwys good to hear about new places!! sounds yummy!!

Flicktitty
12-16-2006, 07:08 PM
My Boss knows the guy who owns that place he always says good thing about that place, just sounds like to much money for me

nismodave
12-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Its been around a few years.....Never had the cash to check it out.

Flicktitty
12-16-2006, 07:09 PM
My friend asked me where I wanted to go for my Birthday.
soo its your birthday? Happy Birthday?

nismodave
12-16-2006, 07:10 PM
soo its your birthday? Happy Birthday?

Next week:)

Flicktitty
12-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Next week:)
Sweeeet! happy early birthday :banana1: :banana :banana1: :banana

GRAMPS SS
12-16-2006, 07:13 PM
yea happy birthday early dave.......

nismodave
12-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks Fellas.:)

FANAT1C
12-16-2006, 07:48 PM
If a steak was that good then it was worth it! :thumbsup I love a good steak, I'll have to get the wife to take me there for my next b-day.

And Happy early birthday to you Dave... you old man! :D

moels
12-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up on a good restaurant Dave. Being single again and having alot of dinner dates, I am running out of places. lol

Happy early Birthday man.

nismodave
12-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up on a good restaurant Dave. Being single again and having alot of dinner dates, I am running out of places. lol

Happy early Birthday man.

You better have already hit it before you take her there........Or be trying extra hard.:rolf

moels
12-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm dumb, not stupid Dave. I will only take the conquered ones there.....lol

nismodave
12-16-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm dumb, not stupid Dave. I will only take the conquered ones there.....lol

LOL.......Never said u were.
:goof

RanJer
12-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Well since I've never heard of it and didnt know where it was, here ya go
Mr. B's - A Bartolotta Steakhouse
17700 West Capitol Drive
Brookfield, WI 53045

Sounds like a pretty cool place, maybe if I win the lottery I'll scoot on in there.. :goof

fireguyrick
12-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Hopefully it is better then Cameron's Steakhouse in Bayshore. Went there with the wife on Thursday. It was OK, but nothing spectacular. The bill came to ~$140 dollars without tip. For that we had 14oz NY Strip with 2oz crap meat on top w/ some sort of sauce (think it was a Chardonnay reduction), a 8oz Filet w/ the same setup as the strip, 6 Oysters on the half-shell, 1 soup, 1 salad, two glasses of wine, and two Crème brûlée. The Crème brûlée was the best I have had in SE Wisconsin though, so that is a positive. Not really complaining about the price, as it was reasonable IMHO, but the steak was very ho-hum.

With this Mr. Bs place, can you just walk in or do you need reservations?

Rick

nismodave
12-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Get reservations......Place was packed.

The steak was Amazing tho.

Lash
12-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Texas Roadhouse T-bone FTW!!!!!
I could eat them every day for every meal...I LOVE them.

Another place to try is 'The Capital Grille' downtown in the federal building (it's on the corner of 3rd and Wisconsin). We built that place and supposedly they are pretty popular around the country. The prices are pretty expensive though. The inside of that place is pretty neat too.
http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/Locations/Milwaukee/Main.asp?Location=Milwaukee&rid=31

Reverend Cooper
12-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Happy Early Birthday Old ****er.

Yooformula
12-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Have you tried Eddie Martini's yet? The wife and I went a few nights ago and OMG was that good.

UnderPSI
12-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Capitol Grill!!!!!!!!!

I go every Saturday.

Mmmmm lobster mac&cheese

u_say_go
12-16-2006, 10:56 PM
:thumbsup Yoo knows what's up! Eddie Martini's is the big pimpin' steakhouse of Milwaukee. Bring a fat wad of cash if you plan on dining there.

Yooformula
12-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Holy crap do you need a wad for Eddie's! I dumped $180 for just the 2 of us but considering it was our first night out again ALONE without kids it was totally worth it.

u_say_go
12-16-2006, 11:21 PM
me and the old man went with another guy before a Buck's game and dropped $400. :wooo
But Dave's right, Mr. B's is the way to go. Same goes for Jake's Steakhouse too

Arigmaster
12-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I've been to the Black Kettel across from Skeeter's place a few times and the food was always fantastic. Too bad that neighborhood is changing so much for the worst. Thanks to the Milwaukee County & the City...Bastards!

HITMAN
12-17-2006, 01:59 AM
Mr. B's is OK, The steak is very good but overall, I thought it was a less-than-spectacular value for the money spent.

My friend Paul Martens and I share the same birthday, so we get a bunch of friends together and go party it up good every year. We went to Mr. B's on the recommendation of another friend, two years ago. We made reservations for 10 over a week in advance. When we got there, we were seated near the bar up front in those stupid high bar-type chairs.:rolleyes: It was very noisy because of the proximity to the bar and the chairs were fairly uncomfortable. The steaks and service were very good, (I had a bone-in filet and, yes, I know it's a bit of an oxymoron but that's what they called the goddamn thing...http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug.gif) but VERY expensive. One of our party (Jon Peccarrelli) got something spilled on him and they comp'd him on his meal and the bill was STILL OVER $1000.00 :wow

We have since found Coerper's Five O'Clock club. IMO, the steak is even better than Mr. B's and it's a far better value. The decor is more old-time supper club and the dress code is more casual. Yes it's noisy and smokey but at least you're not sitting in a high chair. Most times you will order at the bar before you are seated, but if you get there shortly after they open (5:00pm) you will be seated almost immediately. The steaks are all in the $30-$40 dollar range (except for the newly added 8oz petite filet which is $25 IIRC. Of the standard steaks, the SMALLEST one on the menu is the Filet Mignon at 16oz for $38. The largest is a 42oz Porterhouse for about the same price. The least expensive steak is a 23oz Ribeye for $32. If you like Pork Chops, you can get two (Yes TWO) 16oz chops for $20 :wow Surf and Turf is ANY steak and two 8oz Lobster tails for $76. All meals include potato, salad, bread and REAL BUTTER (each place setting has a half-stick on a small plate) relish tray and bread sticks. The steaks are charred to perfection and the baked 'tater is HUGE. The ribs are also good (we've had them as an appetizer) as are the crab stuffed mushroom caps, but the best appetizer is the Buffalo Thai Shrimp. We had them the last time we were there. They are fvcking awesome! The bill for eight of us, including bar tab and tip was $700, a much better value for what we enjoyed. If you walk out of this joint hungry, you have a tape worm.

This last Saturday we decided to try Sabor Brazilian Churrascaria. Very cool place and even less expensive than Coerper's. The food isn't quite as good, but there is a tremendous variety of meats* to try in addition to a salad bar, bread, cheesy mashed potatoes, refried black beans, rice and fried bananas. (the fried bananas were unexpectedly good) It's 42.50 per plate for all you can manage to jam down your throat. The only extras are drinks and deserts. Everything else is covered. Bill for eight with tax and tip was about $450.

*filet mignon, sirloin, garlic filet, BBQ ribs, lamb chops, leg of lamb, bacon wrapped chicken and steak chunks, chicken wings, Brazilian sausage, pork tenderloin rolled in Parmesan cheese.

I haven't been to Eddy Martini's or Mo's yet, but while they may be every bit as good if not better than the two places mentioned above, I do not expect them to match up as well in the value department. Time will tell.

Yooformula
12-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Hitman, if you go back to Sabor ask for Mike Besson(the GM) and tell him Yoosof sent you. Hes a friend and will take of anyone I send over.

HITMAN
12-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Hitman, if you go back to Sabor ask for Mike Besson(the GM) and tell him Yoosof sent you. Hes a friend and will take of anyone I send over.

I will do that, as I'm definitely planning on returning.

Yoo, which BW3's do you work at? We've been hanging out at a couple of different ones lately, and if I knew where you were at, I'd make sure to give you a shout.

Yooformula
12-17-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm at the Mayfair location now. The owner of my place owns Sabor as well.

HITMAN
12-17-2006, 02:37 AM
I'm at the Mayfair location now. The owner of my place owns Sabor as well.

Hmmm, Mayfair. I don't know If we'll get out that far, but if we do, I'll make sure to say " WASSSSSSSUUUUUPPPP!!!!!!" :thumbsup

nismodave
12-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Went to Coerper's many years ago, and was unimpressed with my steak. Had to send it back twice. I like my steak nice and cooked. Never went back.

Maybe the regular cook took a night off, but I have talked to others that will not go back also.

DirtyMax
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Went to Coerper's many years ago, and was unimpressed with my steak. Had to send it back twice. I like my steak nice and cooked. Never went back.

Maybe the regular cook took a night off, but I have talked to others that will not go back also.

That's because the method which they cook their steaks is by blow torching them for like 30 seconds on each side. It's tough to get it cooked all the way through when they prepare them like that. Fortunately, I can eat mine still mooing but people that don't/can't may be disappointed.

Cryptic
12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Texas Roadhouse T-bone FTW!!!!!
I could eat them every day for every meal...I LOVE them.

texas road house for the LOSE!

They have screwed my steaks up 3 out of 3 times. They are always packed so their service sucks. They're over salted/seasoned too in my opinion.

nismodave
12-17-2006, 10:31 PM
texas road house for the LOSE!

They have screwed my steaks up 3 out of 3 times. They are always packed so their service sucks. They're over salted/seasoned too in my opinion.

x2

GinoRin
12-17-2006, 10:48 PM
I have to chime in on this one.... Allison and I try to go out for a nice steak once a month or so, and have been to Mr. B's a few times with mixed results. The food is always great but sometimes the service sucks. I took my parents there for their wedding anniversary and we had 6:30 reservations... we sat down at 9 and ate at 5 minutes to 10; needless to say I was super pissed since we had a $450 bill not including the bartab that we had waiting for 2.5 hours. They were nice enough to comp us on our liquor tab and give us a free appetizer, but damn. Only once I was there and had acceptable service and great food (out of probably 7 times there). But none the less, we keep going back every now and then because they do have a great filet!

Mo's was my favorite steak joint in Milwaukee (followed closely by Eddie Martini's) until I went to Carnevor on Milwaukee Street downtown. I had the Kobe which is a superb piece of aged filet, and I swear I didn't need a knife to cut it. It was like butter. But it should be, it was like $80 ala carte if I remember correctly. It was rubbed in peppercorn and had a little bit of rogueford bleu cheese on top, it was insanely good. If you're ever looking for a top notch steakjoint and done mind spending ~100 a plate + drinks... THAT's the place!!!

And last but not certainly not least is the Wisconsin Club downtown, which is a members only club but they have awesome food. A friend of mine took us down there for an evening, and it was stellar. The servers know you by first name, even if you're someone else's guests! (there's no prices on the menu, so don't ask). There I had the BEST filet au poivre (dont ask me how to spell that correctly) EVER.... which once again barely needed a knife to cut. If Wisconsin club was a public place, it would probably be the best steakjoint in Milwaukee, but Carnevor is friggin awesome too...

Either way, we're really spoiled here in Milwaukee with steakjoints. I do a good bit of travel with work and have been to a bunch of steak places out of state, and very rarely do I find one that will rank up with a Mo's, Eddie's, Carnevor, or anything of the like.

There's also Kurt's steakhouse in Delafield that has a pretty good steak for like $25 including a salad and a side, which is a REALLY good deal for the amount of food you get compared to these higher end places. Plus you can go there in jeans and a nice shirt and feel right at home, whereas these other places you need to be dressed much nicer...

just my .02 ...wow im a fatass :thumbsup

USMARINE1108
12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
The Melting Pot is good. It's one of those fondue (sp?) things. I thought it would suck at first, but you cook your own food and get to try a bunch of meats like buffalo and ostrich. Pricey, but you're there for about 3 hours and get a lot of good food. Both times I was there it was around $150 for 2 including a couple of drinks.

DirtyMax
12-17-2006, 11:26 PM
The Melting Pot is a great place to stop at for dessert after you've eaten somewhere else. Their Milk Chocolate Fondue... :drool:

It's a miracle I'm not like 3 bills.... :D

HRSEPLA
12-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Mr. B's and Eddies are both awesome!

H8RADE
12-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Mr B's has some great cuts.
Nice that the waiters are informed and can school ya on the meat as well as make pretty good recommendations.
Seems more of a place to 'see and be seen' to me.
Hard to eat beef when you are crowded into a small room like a slaughterhouse.
Takes away from the enjoyment when you realize how it got there, at least for some.