PDA

View Full Version : Swing Time mini golf...

Nix
12-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey I noticed on my way to work the other day that Swing Time has been "leveled". Does anyone know whats going on over there? I mean are they just totally closing it down or are they renovating it? IMO the mini golf was taking a turn for the worst and also were the batting cages. That place was turning into a dump. But its right by my work so during softball season I would be up there on my luch hour daily like clock work.

I hope they are just redoing it cause it really needed it.:thumbsup

Slow Joe
12-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh man I didn't even notice...

DoubleAron
12-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Noticed that the other day also. Don't know whats going on though.

Flight_740
12-13-2006, 02:07 PM
That sucks. I thought that was one of the best mini golf and driving ranges around.

UnderPSI
12-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I am not sure what is going there. They leveled it pretty quick though. I am waiting to see what they put on 164 and National too, next to the gas station. There is a strip mall there now, but they leveled off the area next to it where all the cars for sale always park.

Flight_740
12-13-2006, 02:14 PM
I am not sure what is going there. They leveled it pretty quick though. I am waiting to see what they put on 164 and National too, next to the gas station. There is a strip mall there now, but they leveled off the area next to it where all the cars for sale always park.

I bet it will be a new subdivision on 164 and national.

UnderPSI
12-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Yea probably, They can call it "Freeway View Estates" :durr

Flight_740
12-13-2006, 02:18 PM
I think a grocery store would do well there.

HRSEPLA
12-13-2006, 02:19 PM

I know a George Webbs is going in... thats all I got...

I hope a Dragstrip goes in!!!! OOOOOOOh

Nix
12-13-2006, 02:28 PM

Years and years ago, the Ridge cinema was suppose to be going there, then it didnt end up happening. After that cluster *uck, Rene the old owner of Arms gas station owner the land and was going to have a Best Western or some other little motel over there, that fell thru as well due to Big Bend/Vernon not wanting it. Also where the old cemetary is across the street from Mc Donalds there was going to be a Culvers put there some years back as well, that also fell thru.

Also on the top of Nationl right before you hit 164 there was another propsal spot for the Ridge, and or a small shopping mall strip. If you drive back there where LAurie Glass use to be you can see that they got as far as leveling off some of the property and getting shit surveyed. Im not sure why it was never completed. As for the Old Moller Disposal sub station where that house burned down a few years ago onthe top of national and 164, they have been planning on building on that land, but I have no clue what they have in mind.

UnderPSI
12-14-2006, 04:14 PM
McDonalds is going where swing time was. They bought out that corner. From what I hear swing time is going to move down a bit and still be there. I think they are putting a mini-golf course on the other side of the driving range.

Crawlin
12-14-2006, 04:26 PM
that'd be a smart move to sell that corner, but keep most of the land they had been using. allows MORE parking as well. itw as a PITA to park there for the driving range

Flight_740
12-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Plus all the little kids coming out of Mcdonalds playland throwing a tantrum to go play mini golf. Open that wallet mom and dad.:rolf :rolf

Super smart move.