PDA

View Full Version : jewerly store?

hrsp
12-11-2006, 11:21 PM
where do you guys shop for jewerly for your wife/girlfriend?

anyplaces youve heard bad sh$t about? thanks

88Nightmare
12-11-2006, 11:25 PM
thomas jewelers in Muskego on Janesville Rd. has nice stuff

TransAm12sec
12-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Target

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/TransAm12sec/IMG_1727-1.jpg

SlowStee
12-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Target

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/TransAm12sec/IMG_1727-1.jpg

Gotta love jewelry

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/TransAm12sec/IMG_1722.jpg
fake ass target jewelry

sidewayzbimmer
12-12-2006, 12:16 AM
fake ass target jewelry

lmao haha fake as hell but only 15 bucks lol. A hickey wtf?

DirtyMax
12-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Haase Jewelers on Highway 100 just north of Lincoln. Smaller time operation with very fair practices.

I recommend not going to Kesslers if you're looking for a high quality diamond. They grade their own diamonds so it's not really acountable by any international standard. He can take what might be a "I" color by Geological society standards and call it a "D" by his standard and double the price.

Karps TA
12-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Pawn shops in Vegas. Can find some nice stuff for dirt cheap.

Cryptic
12-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Last year I was hoping from store to store and I ended up liking Rogers and Holands selection the best. Everyone else had crap, which could of been due to the holdiays.

jbiscuit
12-12-2006, 08:49 AM
just a note but during the holidays, the mall-type jewelry stores stock up on the garbage that they know you will buy as a gift. Poor quality necklaces, tiny diamonds, sh1tty settings. Kesslers is a joke. Avoid them at ALL costs. My sister worked for a jewelry store at the Regency mall in Racine and she has told me about all the horrible items they would stock just cuz they knew some sap would buy it.

Mssplayboybunie
12-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Rogers and Hollands is the best!!..every year josh buys me something from there and there amazing, their stuff is the greatest...worst places i would never Recommend (Kelvin Shraders, Don powers and Kays) Josh bought me a diamond tennis bracelet last year for my bday from kays and it broke in pieces the next day..they did replace it but their quality sucks IMO

GRAMPS SS
12-12-2006, 09:14 AM
if your don't mined the drive there is a little jewelry store in cedarburg called , THE JEWELRY WORKS....great stuff, can custom make you something if you wish, and he will not bend you over......his diamond quality is what YOU want.....the best.....small store top notch service.....ask for Mike the owner and tell him Wayne Puffer sent ya....he has my present in there now for xmas, I would trust no other,,,,why pay the big over head of the chain stores when you can get the samething and a smaller mom and pop store for less....at least give him a call, you just might be surprized.....stay away from SHAWS too.........

theavenger333
12-12-2006, 09:45 AM
last time i was helping someone shop for jewelry, we went to Kesslers. very friendly people, didn't have what he was looking for, but worked with us and told us what he should have been spending, etc.

Nix
12-12-2006, 10:23 AM
I have always gone to Kesslers in Brookfield. I have always had excellent luck with them, great people and awesome prices, great selection. But I have heard good and bad about them. But I have no complaints.

Baddriver01
12-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Dan's L&L in Waukesha. Priced at market value for weight if you're buying gold or silver. Certified diamonds and great service. I got my wife's wedding/engagement ring there and my family has always gone there for gifts. Best prices around and the selection is unique. I have never seen a ring like my wife's anywhere else. Dan's L&L Fine Jewelry 615 N. Barstow St. (262)549-5512. 100% recommended and cheaper than a mall store. :thumbsup

u_say_go
12-12-2006, 10:50 AM
there's this dude that hangs out in the dunkin' donuts parking lot on wisconsin ave. that has some pretty fly jewelery

UnderPSI
12-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Paul's Jewlers on Hwy 100 and National. Vivian is the owner. She is a designer as well as a gemologist and certified appraiser. If you don't find what you like, she will make it for you.

Slow Joe
12-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Eh, I tend to head to Shaws...

Slow Joe
12-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh also Walsh Jewlers in the Falls... Bud Walsh, good guy :thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
12-12-2006, 11:42 AM
oh yea BUD...he sold me my seiko aviator....he's a great guy.......honest as hell too...good one joe i forgot about BUD

Teufelhunden
12-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Shallow's Jewelers
~90th and Greenfield in Stallis

Slow Joe
12-12-2006, 01:07 PM
oh yea BUD...he sold me my seiko aviator....he's a great guy.......honest as hell too...good one joe i forgot about BUD

He and my Dad are good friends! I mean hey, my dad's been married 3 times and loves buying his wifes jewlery... :rolf

Cryptic
12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Rogers and Hollands is the best!!..every year josh buys me something from there and there amazing, their stuff is the greatest...

See what did I tell ya... :shades
Woman seal of approval.

Crawlin
12-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Some dude a family friend knows down in the Carribbean. Send him cash for what you want, his will certify top of the line and be appraised by any of the "mall" stores and side shops for triple what you paid, guaranteed. necklace i got for someone awhile back was $800, diamond was appraised at $2600.

"fell off the back of a truck" christmas shopping :)

fireguyrick
12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
I went to Jarred's :rolf

No, there is a jewler in Port Washington I goto for little piddly gifts, and for big stuff there is either Jewelers Workshop in Madison or Kessler's.

Rick

johnny--2k
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Rogers and Hollands, Shaws/Ostermans, Jared....those are the only places I have really had any luck with. I get a hook up at R&H but havent seen her there in a while. Otherwise I know someone at Shaws as well.....

Jared's is OK. Lots of selection, but not all the greatest stuff.

Kesslers is a f-ing joke. I'll never go there again. THe guy was a complete asshole and thought I couldnt afford anything. Needless to say, I got my last 3 watches at RH and I'm buying my new ring (Tungsten Carbide) from my friend that works at Shaws.

TuffEnuff
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
My wife sells Premier Designs. It's considered High Fashion Jewelry. Basically High Fashion is what bridges the gap between costume jewelry (target) and the fine jewelry. (helzberg)

Anyway, they have some really nice stuff and at reasonable prices. They have a golden guarantee so if you purchase something and it breaks due to a manufacturing defect, they will replace it for you.

You can check out the website at www.premierdesigns.com, but if you want to order anything, you have to contact a jeweler, you can't order off their website.
My wife's e-mail is joshannymom@comcast.net if you want to see a catalog, she can mail one out to you.

nismodave
12-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Doc's Jewlery

BadAzzGTA89
12-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Last year I was hoping from store to store and I ended up liking Rogers and Holands selection the best. Everyone else had crap, which could of been due to the holdiays.
I agree 100% I have there charge card lol:thumbsup

BadAzzGTA89
12-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Doc's Jewlery
I know your from the Norfside!

johnny--2k
12-13-2006, 12:27 AM
I agree 100% I have there charge card lol:thumbsup

me too! 0% for 12 months is a lifesaver on jewlery.....I like watches too much. Watches, cars, and cameras....three very expensive habits.

Thank God Im Single!:headbang :thumbsup :banana