PDA

View Full Version : here is the next car...

88Nightmare
12-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Well, its not the Trailblazer SS like I hoped, but I got a killer deal on this car. Its a 2007 Saturn Aura XR. 3.6 liter DOHC with a 6 speed automatic and tap shift on the steering wheel. This one I picked out is black with black leather. It's got EVERYTHING. Dual power seats, heated front seats, rear entertainment system, power windows, locks, mirrors. Tilt and telescoping steering wheel. Moonroof. 6 disc in dash changer. XM radio and Onstar. Remote start. Yup.... everything. Leased it for 39months/45,000 miles for just a tad over $100 bucks per month (pops gets a discount at saturn.) Not a bad price. This car hauls ass too. Its gonna be a surprise for my mother, she doesnt know about it yet, and will be getting it on christmas. The car is still sitting at the dealership, I'm going to take physical delivery of the car on the 23rd. Now I need to find a place to keep it the night of the 23rd. But anyway, here are some pics of it.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/DCAM0015.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/DCAM0016.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/DCAM0017.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/DCAM0018.jpg

there she is, sitting in sold row :headbang

hrsp
12-09-2006, 06:15 PM
sounds like a sweet deal..congrats

A B4C Z
12-09-2006, 06:26 PM
neat congrats. Tell them to keep the front plate bracket off!!

88Nightmare
12-09-2006, 06:43 PM
why keep the front plate bracket off?

Karps TA
12-09-2006, 06:47 PM
So cops can screw with your mom for no reason.

That sounds like the kind of lease deal I am looking for. Cept I couldn't ever buy a Saturn myself. Seems like a lot of car for the money though.

88Nightmare
12-09-2006, 07:07 PM
hey saturn has changed a lot from the 90's. I never before considered a saturn either until I actually sat down in this car and test drove it. I also test drove a Lincoln MKZ which is in similar size, and the car the way we got it loaded would have been over 30g's. This car, in my opinion, is of similar quality to the Lincoln, but for less money. I also think the performance is better in the saturn.

Karps TA
12-09-2006, 07:12 PM
It's just a personal issue with me. I detest the fact that the division is even around, much less that GM is sticking so many resources into it. If GM put even a quarter or the time and effort into their brands that actually had history and loyal customer that they've been putting into Saturn since they came into being, maybe they'd still have a booming business.

Not too mention it seems like whenever I'm stuck behind someone driving slow or like an a-hole, it's usually a Saturn. lol

88Nightmare
12-09-2006, 07:20 PM
bwahahaha.

well not in this saturn, specially if me or my mom is driving. sometimes I wonder who has a heavier foot...... :D

I'll race ya against your TA once GLD opens back up for a GLD burger :D

nismodave
12-09-2006, 07:23 PM
I will be looking at that Saturn in spring, as maybe my new daily.

88Nightmare
12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
hey dave, if you want to take it for a spin, let me know. I'd be happy to show it to you.

nismodave
12-09-2006, 08:07 PM
hey dave, if you want to take it for a spin, let me know. I'd be happy to show it to you.

Thanks man. But I can beat on a car from the dealership. :rolf

88Nightmare
12-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Funny you should mention that.

One day I decided to stop in and see my pops at work. We test drove an Aura XE and I liked it, but I said lets test drive an XR (bigger engine, better trans). I loved it. He said well take it over to your mom, see if she likes it. So I did. On the way, I had the opportunity to race a previous generation eclipse (not the brandy new ones, the gen right before it) and I walked all over it. I beat the **** out of that car. Put it in manual mode, held gears to like 7 grand :)

GRAMPS SS
12-09-2006, 08:52 PM
thats nice of ya to buy for your mom for xmas......what a son

88Nightmare
12-09-2006, 08:59 PM
yeah well as I was growing up, she forked over a lot of money to support my expensive automotive hobbies. I figured I owe her big time. What better way to repay her then to get her a new car. She hasn't had a new car since 1989. I think she might fall over when she opens up the garage xmas morning