PDA

View Full Version : Work Sucks

mike90lxII
12-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Man I have been @ work all day and hardley spoken to a customer.
The car business is great some days and sucks others.
Oh well it is the begininig of the month, hope it picks up a little (alot)

Crawlin
12-09-2006, 06:04 PM
our small little store is doing better on the used car side than 3 of the other heiser stores that actually have franchises, haha.

thank god for gurantees :) (finance manager)

mike90lxII
12-09-2006, 06:27 PM
our small little store is doing better on the used car side than 3 of the other heiser stores that actually have franchises, haha.

thank god for gurantees :) (finance manager)

Yeah I am tryin' to work my way into one those positions with a gaurantee

Al
12-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Stuff like this is what keeps me from thinking about selling cars.

What I think is funny, though, is that I walk into dealerships and know more about the cars they sell than any salesman.

I have also been directing people towards buying new cars because it is the cheaper thing for them to do. One person I know has an old boat of a car. She said she did not drive that much, but spent about $300-400/month on gas with an average mileage of 12 mpg. We searched around on the internet and found some info on new Hondas and Corollas. I turned out that with no trade in or down payment, if she financed a NEW car for 5 years, she would end up spending less money overall on transportation than if she kept the boat alone.

She ended up buying a 4 year old civic and financed it to 125/month and now spends about $125/month on gas. A winning situaiton overall for her. I could use the same rationalizing to sell cars.

Crawlin
12-10-2006, 02:41 PM
things like that help a TON. common sense.

what we see is too many people with sales/marketing degrees thinking it's oh so easy coming in to interview. they see the advertisements in the paper and think 125k/year should be easy. it is if you know what you are doing, and a degree in sales will definitely not help out in this business on the sales floor.

the best people at this business are those that have "street" smarts(i.e. common sense) and NOT book smarts

Karps TA
12-10-2006, 02:54 PM
The great thing about working in car sales is you never have to worry about a job. No matter how bad you are at it, theres another dealership that will hire you. I've seen so many of the same sales manager, GM's, service managers, etc fail and fail over and over again, and yet still keep getting hired. It's like second only to being an NBA coach in how many "second" chances you get.

mike90lxII
12-10-2006, 06:19 PM
The great thing about working in car sales is you never have to worry about a job. No matter how bad you are at it, theres another dealership that will hire you. I've seen so many of the same sales manager, GM's, service managers, etc fail and fail over and over again, and yet still keep getting hired. It's like second only to being an NBA coach in how many "second" chances you get.

Man you have got that right. I have worked for a few people that had no idea what they were doing.

84hurst
12-11-2006, 04:10 AM
car sales is okay, I was only in it for a few months, of which there were a few good and a few bad, but I agree, street smarts are a hell of a lot better than a degree in sales and marketing. Turnover rate is also higher than hell, which makes getting comfortable in a dealership almost impossibe because as soon as you get used to the way your managers work, either you or the manager gets fired!:rolf

Flight_740
12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
I myself had a 3 car day saturday:headbang

Slow Joe
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
From what I've learned it's all about customer satisfaction. Happy customers come back, and if you help them make the right decision they'll call you first when they need their next car.

Car sales can go up and down, but if you have a good customer base, and work it right you'll do fine. Sad part is that a customer base takes a while...

mike90lxII
12-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah that's what I am trying to do now build the base. I do average about 12 cars a month wich is ok. At least I can feed myself.

Heck I worked @ Boucher Nissan for 3 weeks and sold 11 cars.

Flight_740
12-11-2006, 10:53 AM

EDIT: And all spot delivered!!

DirtyMax
12-11-2006, 11:20 AM

I was often wondering how you guys did over there. It's a great location. There was a black Lexus GS400 sitting on the end (Oklahoma side) last week that caught my eye but for the greater good of my wallet, I proceeded to keep driving. :devil

Flight_740
12-11-2006, 11:23 AM
We are just like everybody else. Saturdays are a hit or a miss. I give credit to the weather for warming up a bit.

We do Ok here. Not getting rich by any means but we make a living.

Black Lexus was either the 2000 black/black GS400 or the Black/black LS400. Both hot cars. GS sold last week.

DirtyMax
12-11-2006, 11:30 AM
It was the GS and I love those cars!!! :headbang I would love to upgrade to one as a DD but my 88 Accord with a quarter million miles won't quit.. :goof

mike90lxII
12-11-2006, 12:49 PM

My best day was 5 deliveries (spot) but I have had a 4 car friday then 3 more on monday where I am at now all spots. It was my second weekend.

Flight_740
12-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Where? ??

mike90lxII
12-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm in new orleans at a chrysler jeep dealership