PDA

View Full Version : street legal or no?

rally_scort
12-08-2006, 11:11 PM
is it street legal to drive a car without a dash.The car still has all the functions and the vin number installed but the dash cage and cover are gone.Im pickin up a beater that im goin to drive for winter then use it for parts after winter.I just dont want to stick money into it to put a dash back in and i dont need to get pulled over.

88Nightmare
12-08-2006, 11:15 PM
i dont think its illegal. as long as you have a working speedometer I guess...

sloLs1
12-08-2006, 11:30 PM
i think they may question it but i dont think its illegal....

88Nightmare
12-08-2006, 11:36 PM
according to Oak Creek police, it is illegal to drive without a hood. And last year I made it from Oak Creek to Cederburg and back in my foxbody mustang with no hood.

So to answer your question... is it illegal? depends if a cop sees it or not.... :D

rally_scort
12-08-2006, 11:47 PM
well if they see the car itself i dont think theyll question the dash missing...but hey free is free, right? :goof

sidewayzbimmer
12-08-2006, 11:54 PM
according to Oak Creek police, it is illegal to drive without a hood. And last year I made it from Oak Creek to Cederburg and back in my foxbody mustang with no hood.

So to answer your question... is it illegal? depends if a cop sees it or not.... :D

I have called west allis to ask if it were illegal to drive without a hood and they said nope. Same when i asked a milwaukee cop. I was just curious because there was always a nissan sentra without a hood :alcoholic

rally_scort
12-09-2006, 12:07 AM
i think its legal to drive without a hood as long as there is nothing leaking or obstructing your view.For example i dont think there gunna be leanient if you dont run a hood and your car is spittin oil all over your windsheild as well as the cars behind you.There used to be a nova running around here localy without a hood all summer and it never seemed to be an issue.

Cryptic
12-09-2006, 12:21 AM
I think your only required to have fenders... trailers are the same way. So you dont spray rocks all over the place.

88Nightmare
12-09-2006, 07:25 AM
OCPD told me if the vehicle came from the factory with a hood, then it must have a hood when going down the road. so idk. One way or another, it was a bad experience because my electric fan sucked in a hood pin.

pOrk
12-09-2006, 10:26 AM
I also thought it was necessary to drive with a hood, who knows.

GRAMPS SS
12-09-2006, 10:30 AM
you don't need a hood. look at that phil charecter with the red GTA from the south side,,,,,he hasn't had a hood on that car for YEARS.....why he runs with no hood is beyond me, nothing special under the hood , but he does, and no one bothers him.

DynoTom
12-09-2006, 10:33 AM
you don't need a hood. look at that phil charecter with the red GTA from the south side,,,,,he hasn't had a hood on that car for YEARS.....why he runs with no hood is beyond me, nothing special under the hood ,

You got that right !!!!:rolf :rolf

Z Speed
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
OCPD told me if the vehicle came from the factory with a hood, then it must have a hood when going down the road. so idk. One way or another, it was a bad experience because my electric fan sucked in a hood pin.

I remember that...... Didn't that same fan also burn out in taco bells parking lot?