PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using DirecTV?

DirtyMax
12-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Since they did their last "upgrade" on 11/22, my HD DVR freezes up every day. Then I have to manually reset it and that whole BS takes like 10 minutes. I have them coming out Saturday to check it out to see if it's the dish alignment or a bad box. Originally, I thought it was just the box but then the standard def DVR in the bedroom geeked out last week too.

Just curious if their signal has been messing up for anyone else. I still think it's the box and that the one time it did it on the other was was just a coincedence but never hurts to ask and see of anyone else is having issues...

Rocket Power
12-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I have it but not the DVR or HD. Mines been fine

FANAT1C
12-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I have HD but no dvr, everything ok with me (so far).

y2kws6
12-07-2006, 12:20 PM
My DVR has had sound issues the last couple weeks. Just goes out for maybe 2 seconds then back on????

I have not had it happen in a while though.

Dan

DCDZ28
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Havent had any problems with my DTV DVR. I don't have the HD version though.

DirtyMax
12-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks, everyone! I suspect it's the HD DVR because it's so new to the market. I probably got a bad one.

2kgtp
12-07-2006, 04:20 PM
I have the HD box, no DVR. Havent had any issues over here neither.

Reverend Cooper
12-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Same Here I Am Getting Money Back On My Bill Monthly And A New Hd Dvr For Free They Are ****ers

DirtyMax
12-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Same Here I Am Getting Money Back On My Bill Monthly And A New Hd Dvr For Free They Are ****ers

I hear ya. I actually threatened to leave before and got the HD DVR for free. They had my install appt scheduled for 8-noon one day. Then they called at 11:30 and said the installer was running a little late. So I sat around til the jagoff showed up at 4:30. Then when he got here, he wasn't in any hurry to do anything. Even had the nerve to ask me for a soda right away. Normally, I offer but he didn't even give me the chance. So then I called up and rose hell about it and told them I wanted to cancel. I subscribe to a package that's over $100 a month so they asked what it would take and I said a free month and a free HD DVR. They agreed to the free HD DVR and are giving me a $20 credit on my bill every month for a year.

It's almost still not enough though. If they don't get it right this time, they can come get their junk in the damn snowbank. :chair:

DirtyMax
12-12-2006, 09:10 AM
They came out Saturday and checked all the connections and signal strength. All looks good they assure me. But they still wouldn't swap out my HD-DVR box even though that has to be the problem because box #2 works just fine. Well Sunday, it froze up twice and yesterday evening, 3 times.

I emailed them and said to either compensate me well for this hassle or else just cancel this crap. I am not sitting home during another 4 hour window only to have someone come over and say they can't find anything wrong. If they wanna do that, I'm going to have this dude sit in my recliner and watch TV til it messes up. It's not if but when! :mad:

PureSound15
12-12-2006, 11:36 AM
I have Dish with just about every option but the prOn. I love it, never any problems.

Heat Seeker WS6
12-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Best Buy had a huge batch of HD Dir TV receivers that got recalled back to Dir TV due to firmware issues in refurbished chasis a few months back. Some of the set top boxes never got sent back. I delt with a few of the ones that slipped through the cracks first hand and they had some real crazy symptoms.

Cryptic
12-12-2006, 12:17 PM
My dad's house is having issues... they keep having to reboot the DVR.

Anyone else seeing this recently?

Heat Seeker WS6
12-12-2006, 12:22 PM
If you're having to reboot the box repeatedly like that, its most likely software. Call DIR TV and have them reset the box from thier side. Dish alignment has nothing to do with it. .

DirtyMax
12-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Now I sat on hold this morning for 30 minuted while they questioned me while they gave me some national launch code to write down to "reformat" the hard drive of my box. They swear this and the combination of the download that is coming this week will cure it.

Oh well, if not, my homeyz from DirecTV will be back out this weekend. They've already got a service appointment reserved for me, LOL. For all my troubles, they gave a me a $50 credit today.