PDA

View Full Version : remote start / install questions...

wikked
12-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Someone at work was wondering Best Buy's policy on installing a remote start that wasn't bought from Best Buy...
How much to install? Is there a warranty? Is there a fee for un-installing it? etc. etc. anything like that.
Also, is there a better/cheaper place to have it installed, etc. etc.?

She doesn't know what kind it is, as it's going to be a christmas gift from a relative who was dropping hints.
It'd be going in a 2005 Saturn Ion A/T.

Thanks! :thumbsup

PureSound15
12-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Usually shops (but I do not know Best Buy's policy :crying ) will not install a remote start or alarm that is not manufactured by them. I believe Best Buy sells and installs DEI products (i.e. Clifford, Viper, Hornet...) and one other cheaper brand.

The reason being that the harnesses vary depending on the company and more often than not an installer relies on his knoledge of that HUGE wiring harness that comes with the remote start systems and knows what color is what (so changing systems means changing colors, means taking a long time to install a already 3 hour install).

Wagner Audio Video installs just about any kind of remote start system and Dan Wagner is a very good guy. If it is any kind of DEI product Stay Tuned will install it wether you purchased it there or not.

Dunno if that helps that much, but if you have any other questions let me know.