PDA

View Full Version : powder coating

hotshift13
12-05-2006, 12:31 PM
I've been thinking about doing some powder coating. I know some of you here do it, and i was wondering if you guys could lead me in the right directon?

First I thougt I would purchace a harbour freight powder coating set-up and see how that worked. I already have a sandblaster and cabnet, that part seems pretty straightfoward. The part is the oven, My father-in-law does art glass for a livng, so he has pretty good size kilns and they can be set for 400 degrees, i just have to change the program on the kiln computer.

Now my conern is does this process leave any "Film" or any byproduct while it is "cooking"? I don't want any crud in his kiln. Also where can i get the powder from, is there anywhere local i can get it from? I on't want to get it off ebay and wait for it and id like to see a sample in person.

Now I don't plan to start a business out of this, so hopefully wont be steppin on any ones toes here, just lookin for a little guideance!!! Thanks for the replys in advance..

Karps TA
12-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Not sure on the oven, but Eastwood sells kits and tons of different powder coat colors.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=458

hotshift13
12-06-2006, 09:22 PM
thanks Karp, I should have thought of eastwood!! does anyone know where you can get the powder localy?