PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Hockey? Ponds are freezing!

sidewayzbimmer
12-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Went out on local pond by me today. 2 inches of ice. Does anyone play? If weather stays cold we will deffinatley be skating this coming weekend. :headbang

hrsp
12-04-2006, 12:28 AM
fukk that i aont falling thru the ice again...i did last year and that sh5t sucked...lol

hrsp
12-04-2006, 12:34 AM
PLUS I CANT SKATE....i'll come throw snowballs at you fukkers:) lol

Silver350
12-04-2006, 06:44 AM
I used to but last year seeing I didnt play I got rid of all my equipment. The only thing I still have are my skates.

RanJer
12-04-2006, 08:34 AM
I still have all my pads/skates and whatnot. Haven't used any of it but my skates and lower stuff in years. I'm down for a game of pond hockey, but I'll prolly need a lil bit to get my skate legs back..

also, not sure if anyone would be interested, but Pettit is doing a 3v3 hockey tournament this year... maybe we could get a team together? need 9 skaters and a goalie. $250/team.. so 10 guys, $25 a piece.. i think we could swing that...
http://www.thepettit.com/hockey/camps.htm they show it there, click the pdf for more info

Silver350
12-04-2006, 10:36 AM
I still have all my pads/skates and whatnot. Haven't used any of it but my skates and lower stuff in years. I'm down for a game of pond hockey, but I'll prolly need a lil bit to get my skate legs back..

also, not sure if anyone would be interested, but Pettit is doing a 3v3 hockey tournament this year... maybe we could get a team together? need 9 skaters and a goalie. $250/team.. so 10 guys, $25 a piece.. i think we could swing that...
http://www.thepettit.com/hockey/camps.htm they show it there, click the pdf for more info

That would be cool to do but I am not the greatest skater on ice and I dont have the eq nor the money to get the stuff so count me out

sidewayzbimmer
12-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Id for sure be intereested jer. I could throw some more people together also.

RanJer
12-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Id for sure be intereested jer. I could throw some more people together also.

Well let's do it then.. You know any goalies? I could call up some of the guys I played with in high school to see if they still have their stuff/would want to play. I don't really have much contact with them though so get all the friends and whatnot that you want. They have the three levels for adults..

C-2 level for the novice skater with 3-5 years of skating experience
C-1 level for the middle level skater
open B division for the high-end, competitive skater

As for myself I'd say im a confident C-1.

If we can get enough people and get the cash together I'll take care of the paperwork and make sure we get in there.

RanJer
12-04-2006, 11:40 AM
That would be cool to do but I am not the greatest skater on ice and I dont have the eq nor the money to get the stuff so count me out

What's your approx. height and weight? My brother still has his old stuff but he blew out his knee.. I'm sure he wouldnt care if you used it or bought it from him real cheap. Has everything but a helmet. I'm not positive but I think for stuff like this as long as you're over 18 you just need lower equipment.. i dont think they require full shoulder/elbow pads and everything. Even thought I'll wear atleast the elbow pads..

Silver350
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I am 6'3" and aprox 190lb. I am 25 years old.

Also I am out of shape/smoker, and havent played in about 7 years so I dont know for sure what level I am at.

RanJer
12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
I am 6'3" and aprox 190lb. I am 25 years old.

Also I am out of shape/smoker, and havent played in about 7 years so I dont know for sure what level I am at.

My brother is 6'2"/190lbs.... I'll call him and make sure he's still got the stuff and if "I" can borrow it.

Silver350
12-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Wow the tourney is December 28th through 30. I dont know if that will be enough time for me to get in shape or see if my old skills are still with me or if I completly forgot how to do some of it..... Might need to count me out for that but I might be up for some pond hockey just for fun.

6L chevelle
12-04-2006, 11:00 PM
I played C-1 at the pettit this summer, we had a hard time getting more than half the team there for each game.

but be interested in some pond hockey

-Adam

73Dustr
12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
I might possibly be game for a little pond hockey. As far as the 3 on 3 tourney goes, if my team doesn't get one together, I might be interested in that too. Right now I'm on two teams at Pettit.

sidewayzbimmer
12-05-2006, 12:03 AM

Im down but why do we need 10 guys? Why not 6 and a goalie or something. Two lines are enough.

RanJer
12-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Im down but why do we need 10 guys? Why not 6 and a goalie or something. Two lines are enough.

Well the site says 10 guys, but 6 and a goalie would be fine. Only thing is that with 7 guys it'd be ~$36 each. I don't care but I figured some might.

I just wanna play. hehe

73Dustr
12-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Bad news guys, apparently there will be no 3 on 3 tourney. The manager for our team talked to Tom, the guy that runs it, and with everything else going on, I guess they are not having a tournament anymore. Just thought I'd give you guys the heads up.

RanJer
12-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Well that sucks, pond hockey it is! When/where? lets do it.

twirkin50
12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I would be game for some hockey.

sidewayzbimmer
12-05-2006, 08:43 PM
:headbang I will be playing hockey this saturday at a pond in bay view. Humboldt park. Cleared the ice off yesterday and going to try to get guys together for saturday lemme know whos in?

RanJer
12-05-2006, 10:25 PM
What time? I'm gonna try to go out once or twice to get my skate legs back... it's been a while..

sidewayzbimmer
12-05-2006, 11:58 PM
12ish on saturday

RanJer
12-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Playin full check? light check? no check? just wondering what pads i need to lug down there...

I'm IN

RanJer
12-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Alright well it's me and a buddy comin. Noon at the pond in Humboldt Park

sidewayzbimmer
12-08-2006, 12:11 AM
i dont where any pads. Just gloves. Other people where shin pads. I dont but you wont catch me complain at least untill i break one lol. But no boards or nething so no check. Its just fun everyone tries to keep the puck down but doesnt always work. Im sure you know. I just got in from skating on it for bout 30 mins its perfect. But im thinking like 11 for me on sat there! :headbang

RanJer
12-08-2006, 12:15 AM
i dont where any pads. Just gloves. Other people where shin pads. I dont but you wont catch me complain at least untill i break one lol. But no boards or nething so no check. Its just fun everyone tries to keep the puck down but doesnt always work. Im sure you know. I just got in from skating on it for bout 30 mins its perfect. But im thinking like 11 for me on sat there! :headbang

Works for me, I'll prolly atleast bring the shin pads. See ya at 11!

hrsp
12-08-2006, 01:22 AM
watch for flying snowballs...:nutkick :nutkick :rolf

sidewayzbimmer
12-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Anyone else. We always need more people. Bring as many as possible. I have 5 for sure i believe.

RanJer
12-09-2006, 08:30 AM
I have me and 1 for sure, I tried, but 1 was the best I could do.

And for anyone that may have been debating.. but didnt know where it was. google map 800 E Idaho St, Milwaukee, WI and it'll show ya the park/pond.

RanJer
12-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks for postin it up man. had a great time. hockey kicked my ass though, ill be feeling this tomorrow morning. well that and the puck i took to the head lol

sidewayzbimmer
12-10-2006, 06:06 PM
good time indeed! Had a blast i will for surely keep you posted when the weather permits us to play again.