PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Slipping????

94greenbandit
11-22-2006, 10:20 AM
So I have noticed over the past few days that when I am at WOT and my car reaches about 5800rpm it hangs there for about 3-5 seconds and then when it shifts sometimes it ramps right back to a high rpm(almost redline) or it shifts properly. Then at one point last night I had the rpm pegged and my SES light came on and then went off. I checked my scanmaster and it said I had a dtc 55 - Fuel lean monitor. Any ideas

juicedimpss
11-22-2006, 10:35 AM
does it have a shift kit,or is the pcm been flashed with higher line pressure?
if not,the clutches are poss slipping.
as for the "lean" code, id start with a fuel filter.

94greenbandit
11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
No shift kit and had the PCM reprogrammed from stock for shift point and basic tune, but that was like 9 months ago. Do you think this needs a rebuild.

I think it is time to change the fuel filter.

juicedimpss
11-22-2006, 10:57 AM
No shift kit and had the PCM reprogrammed from stock for shift point and basic tune, but that was like 9 months ago. Do you think this needs a rebuild.

I think it is time to change the fuel filter.
bring the car by sometime,and i can pull the program to see what the trans tables look like.

94greenbandit
11-22-2006, 11:28 AM
bring the car by sometime,and i can pull the program to see what the trans tables look like.

Where would that be?? I am not sure where your big oil puddle is.

Myles
11-22-2006, 03:41 PM
lol drive around oak creek and youll find a impalla ss where a slighlt oil puddle has formed.

brownc00
11-22-2006, 08:25 PM
My 94 does the same thing...except sometimes after it shifts and tachs back up to near readline it make a horrible grinding/howling noise and the car doesn't really pick up much speed. This is usually followed by a large CLUNK from the trans after you let off the gas to let it shift. Basically it does all the same things but worse...and it keeps getting worse. I'm currently having another trans built. :-D

My car also has modified shift points and a basic tune.

juicedimpss
11-22-2006, 08:58 PM
My car also has modified shift points and a basic tune.
were the line pressure tables modified for a firm shift at the same time?
if not,im sure it is slipping.

brownc00
11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
I would guess that the line pressures were modified because it shift much harder with this the modified tune over the stocker.

This problem did exist with the stock tune too.