PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Gear Head Stories - Post e'm

RCN4HIM
11-22-2006, 08:33 AM
A few years ago I built a nasty Pontiac 400 for my friends 73 Formula Firebird.

He fired the car up and backed out of the garage the other day and as he was pulling out, the motor locked up completley.

Woudn't turn over, wouldn't do nothing. Check the oil, no problems. Got out the breaker bar, nothing. Pushed it in the garage in discust ( most of us gear heads have been there:crying )

A few days later he looks under the car and see's something hanging under the transmission... and to his amazement jacks the car up and finds his boy's Brett Farve foot ball wedged between the flexplate and bellhousing (T400 with no inspection plate)

Had to cut the football out with a knife and the car fired right up :stare

Happy Thanksgiving

BadAzzGTA89
11-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Now that's one tuff football!
Tell him to put the inspection cover back on before it happens again:thumbsup

wikked
11-22-2006, 09:09 AM
sooo.... his kid just decided "hey im gonna crawl under the car and find a spot to wedge this football!" wtf. :confused
Stranger things have happened I guess.

RCN4HIM
11-22-2006, 12:14 PM
sooo.... his kid just decided "hey im gonna crawl under the car and find a spot to wedge this football!" wtf. :confused
Stranger things have happened I guess.

Our assumption is it rolled under the car while his kids were playing and got trapped under the car as he was pulling out :)

pnad
11-22-2006, 01:04 PM
After a head replacement, 1st startup:
<tickticktickticktick>
me: man those lifters are loud
bro: yeah
me: what weight oil did you put in there?
bro: I thought you put the oil in?
me: SHUT IT DOWN! SHUT IT DOWN!

Fill it up with oil, fire up again:
me: Hows it look?
bro: looks great.. OMG!
me: what?
bro: IT.. OIL.. I.. STAAAAHG! [I think he was trying to say stop :)]

Damn oil galley plug was missing from the new head. 3 quarts of oil vomited onto the tranny and floor.

stowsea
11-23-2006, 11:16 AM
while driving this
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/drift2388/saturnside.jpg

I had a guy pull up next to me in a newer staurn "the bubble dome" with a fatty and started saying it was a gay saturn and it was slow and crap. and i said Obviously this aint my car. ITS MY MOM's you know becaue they are girls cars. and he just looked down at his steering wheel and drove off