PDA

View Full Version : what to do with things left on your property?

Flicktitty
11-20-2006, 01:24 AM
Hey everyone

So i'm in kind of a jam, for the last about 2 years or so now Me and my Family openned our storage shop up to some of my friends to give them a covered place to work on there cars during the summer. then they just kind of left a car in there last winter, and i stopped talking to the people cause they pissed me off. Then i started talking to him again come spring and we started talkin about these projects he wanted to do, so me being the nice guy i got him a key to my shop and let him have in. Well now it is Mid November and me and my father and some of my friends have been telling him to get his Junk unregisterd ford probe GT out of my shop. We have been telling him since june or july now. And the car is still in there pretty much the same way it was back in July! :mad: and i have to get one of my best friends Nissan 240sx into the shop along with a Firebird firehawk and another Firebird for the winter! And behind the shop his brother left a Junk NO TITLE 1990 Acura Integra then he asked if he could put his Civic coupe (EG) again unregistered behind there till he gets the money to rebuild the motor (he told me that last winter)Well since then things have been stolen off the civic and integra behind my shop. So i'm just getting suck of this shit. So i'm asking what should i do with it? all 3 of the cars are UNREGISTERED and 1 doesn't have a title! i was thinking taking them to a junkyard or take them in for scrap metel or if i should sell them as a is or what? any information you have is appreciated thank you - Nick

88Nightmare
11-20-2006, 01:58 AM
ill take the integra. tomorrow morning. i got the car trailer already hooked up to my truck. you tell me when and where and ill be there.

Yooformula
11-20-2006, 03:56 AM
I would give them a final call and tell them a date that you are going to remove their stuff then sell it. If people are stealing crap off the cars now, they may start looking around inside the shop too.

HRSEPLA
11-20-2006, 07:22 AM
You put the dudes name address and phone # on the windsheild and push it into the street.

I can't believe you held onto the cars this long, for me it would have been 1 warning call, and out it went! DO IT!:thumbsup

UnderPSI
11-20-2006, 07:34 AM
That's funny we did that exact same thing and the cops had the car gone in three days.

BadAzzGTA89
11-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Were ya located at i don't need titles to junk these cars!
PM me:thumbsup

Flicktitty
11-20-2006, 10:58 AM
i've giving him many of "final" dates along with my dad. we decided were just gonna rip his probe and the extra honda motor thats inside the shop and put itoutside the shop then tell him he has till friday.

So Mike (88Nightmare) If you want Saturday morning you could come get it. It's right off of I-43 between Elkhorn and Delavan off Hwy 67.

Badazzgta89 - I'll let you know the same if we give him a few more days.

88Nightmare
11-20-2006, 11:06 AM
i've giving him many of "final" dates along with my dad. we decided were just gonna rip his probe and the extra honda motor thats inside the shop and put itoutside the shop then tell him he has till friday.

So Mike (88Nightmare) If you want Saturday morning you could come get it. It's right off of I-43 between Elkhorn and Delavan off Hwy 67.

Badazzgta89 - I'll let you know the same if we give him a few more days.

that sounds like a plan. We're pickin up another car about 1pm, so if I can get to your house and back before noon, its on! Any details about this car? Engine size, manual or auto? 2 door?

88Nightmare
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
PS what kind of extra honda motor is this?

infact.... pm sent

PB86MCSS
11-20-2006, 11:16 AM
No title and parts are missing off of it here and there? Sure these aren't hot cars the guy kept there and is coming back to take parts from or something? Who knows, sounds kind of shady.

Give him one final last date and keep to it, run the VIN's or call the police to make sure they are clean. Maybe you can get a mechanic's lien or legally get a title to them if they have been on your property this long? Then do what you like with them.

88Nightmare
11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
ill take the integra without a title. flicktitty, ya get my pm?

Flicktitty
11-20-2006, 12:28 PM
the integra was originally purchased somewhere down by Springfield IL for i believe it was $5,000 but when he went to register the car it Wisconsin one of the DMV's messed the paperwork up and switched the VIN number around (or so i've been told) like there was a 8 where a 0 should of been or something along those lines. As for the Civic Coupe and the 1st gen Probe GT. he bought those and just drove them with the original owners Lisecne plate on them so he wouldn't have to pay to get them registered so he has the titles but neither car has been registered since they were bought in Chicago and Rockford.
88Nightmare PM SENT BACK

88Nightmare
11-20-2006, 12:35 PM
replied to your pm.

I might be interested in the civic coupe as well. I only got a 1 place car trailer, and I want 2 of the cars, but im hillbilly enough to make it work by only doing 1 trip :)

Flicktitty
11-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Maybe you can get a mechanic's lien or legally get a title to them if they have been on your property this long? Then do what you like with them
Has anyone ever done this? i'd be interested in doing it but i'm not sure if it would actually work?

GRAMPS SS
11-20-2006, 12:46 PM
No title and parts are missing off of it here and there? Sure these aren't hot cars the guy kept there and is coming back to take parts from or something? Who knows, sounds kind of shady.

Give him one final last date and keep to it, run the VIN's or call the police to make sure they are clean. Maybe you can get a mechanic's lien or legally get a title to them if they have been on your property this long? Then do what you like with them.

have to agree with paul...do it legally, get the lein so when he comes back , he don't come after you for the price of the cars.....with the lein , he has no legs to stand on , you can do as you will with them...

Flicktitty
11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
how would i go about doing that? call the police dept. or call a towing yard or go to the DMV?

PB86MCSS
11-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Contact the Wisconsin DOT....their website has alot of info too. Do it legally, just selling or parting them out could come back to bight you big time.

Is it just me or does it sound really fishy that 2 cars lack a title and all are from IL? How well do you know this guy?

Flicktitty
11-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Is it just me or does it sound really fishy that 2 cars lack a title and all are from IL? How well do you know this guy?
i thought i knew him pretty good, on the honda civic sale i went with him to pick the car up. My dad contacted him today cause we removed everything from the shop and he said someone will be there tomarrow? unsure if that is true or not we will see.

88Nightmare
11-20-2006, 11:14 PM
well just remember, i got dibs on stuff if they dont come get it. :D

Flicktitty
11-20-2006, 11:27 PM
well just remember, i got dibs on stuff if they dont come get it. :D
yeah i know you do. :thumbsup oh yeah i still got that go-cart lol :durr