PDA

View Full Version : Apartment help needed!!!!!

Mssplayboybunie
11-19-2006, 06:37 PM
For those of you who dont know we decided to rent an apartment in Oak creek we signed a year lease we moved in in August and since then have been having nothing but problems, The apartment seemed nice before we moved in things that were broken were promised to be fixed...well nothing was ever fixed and we have been keeping track of everything thats going on here..my biggest issue that has just arose is The COLD air returns..one is located in the living room area..the last is in the masterbedroom now is the cold air outside supposed to be blowing in 24/7 from the outside???? because you can litterally feel the wind and breeze and freezing tempatures from outside from everywhere in this unit blowing out of the cold air returns i kid u not my hand was ice cold when i put it against the cold air return no matter how much we turn up the temp in here u feel the outside its like an opened window!!! how is this rite?? we contacted the maintenace supervisor who said sorry not anything we can do about it its "SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT" i have a 2month old baby who is freezing to DEATH!!!! let alone we all wear jackets and mittens to bed and cover her up best we can ..she just got sick the other night she was sooo cold the MANAGER AND OWNER WONT DO ANYTHING about this is is there any way i can do something about this?? is it right for the COLD air to blow in 24/7 like this??? its nuts any help on this would be greatly appreciated. also is this a violation of any codes or anything?

1quickgtp
11-19-2006, 06:51 PM
dont pay your rent!!!!! they cant evict you, since you have to goto court. bring up the problems DOCUMENTED, so therefore they HAVE to get fixed withing 36 hrs, AN you dont have to pay rent from the time that you START not to pay, AN till the problems have been fixed

good luck

Ricky Bobby
11-19-2006, 06:53 PM
the cold air returns are just that cold air returns to the furnace there should be no outside air blowin. I would definately escalate this since its not even that cold outside, and could get worse very quickly. Damn dead beat apt owners :chair:

fireguyrick
11-19-2006, 07:01 PM
What apartment complex? I have dealt with a few crappy ones in Oak Creek, so if it is one I dealt with I can give you some advice.

Rick

Yooformula
11-19-2006, 07:15 PM
i would say call the cops if you cant get any immediate help especially since the welfare of the child is at stake. make sure you log everytime you call for the repair then when you dont pay the rent, you have something to argue with. If you need a lawyer, the board lawyer helped me with an eviction/moron apart manager.

Mssplayboybunie
11-19-2006, 07:27 PM
thanks guys for the help its been non stop with the manager and the owner never returns my calls hes located in illinois been leaving mesaages non stop i hate having to go to court over this crap it sucks that we have to go through all of this crap when we have a new baby to take care of wed love to break our lease but if u do that u have to CONTINUE paying 800$ every month until ur lease is up and we can not afford that nor do i want to risk the health of the baby so were at a pitfall but this is unlivable conditions because the cold air return is open from the outside bugs come though there rain snow etc and they say this is normal wtf??????

Lash
11-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Why is the cold air return open to the outside? Are you saying bugs are coming through the ductwork?

Silver350
11-19-2006, 07:46 PM
I live in the same complex... I dont have any problems but with mine my appartment gets plenty warm but there are some drafts none from the cold air return. I would call contact the city and tell them about it. I am pretty sure it is against the law for them to ignore Heating and cooling issues.

Ricky Bobby
11-19-2006, 07:49 PM
ah timberridge apt on 20th and rawson

Mssplayboybunie
11-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Bugs and Spiders are coming from the duct work, they come in through the cold air return vents, crawl along or under the carpet, lay their eggs and then at the right time they hatch.

Everyday were killing diffrent kind of bugs, it's pathetic!

Josh does have pictures of the cold air returns before we cleaned them, bu t I don't know if he wants to show them.

Max 93
11-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Why is the cold air return open to the outside?
Thats what I was wondering.

Lash
11-19-2006, 09:08 PM
The cold air return should only be attached to the furnace. No duct work should be exposed to anything outside. Where is the furnace located?

Korndogg
11-19-2006, 09:12 PM
I would stop over and take a look but I most likely wouldnt have access to the room the furnace is in anyway. Either way, the return should only be connected to the furnace. like lash said.

u_say_go
11-19-2006, 09:36 PM
three calls....
child welfare office and Fox 6 (contact 6)
Rodriguez, Maria
Housing Authority, City of Milwaukee
(414) 286-2968
mrodi@hacm.org

Contact 6 (katrina cravy)
contact6@foxwiti.com

Landlord/Tenant Issues: Milwaukee Building Inspectors (414) 286-2268

Mssplayboybunie
11-19-2006, 09:37 PM
the furnace is loacted in the closet in our masterbedroom easy to get to

Korndogg
11-19-2006, 09:38 PM
I could come take a look at it if you want sometime in the near future.

Mssplayboybunie
11-19-2006, 09:39 PM
The cold air return should only be attached to the furnace. No duct work should be exposed to anything outside. Where is the furnace located?

theres just a space where you can see 2x4 undernearth the furnace if u want pics i can post them up

pOrk
11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Quit ******* around and call Child Welfare services, its pathetic you haven't done so already when your CHILD is in danger. UNREAL.

Mssplayboybunie
11-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Quit ******* around and call Child Welfare services, its pathetic you haven't done so already when your CHILD is in danger. UNREAL.

ok you dont have to be a smart ass about it i didnt come on here to start s* i simply wanted to see if this is normal like the so called maintenance supervisor/ manager claim it is

Brandon W.
11-19-2006, 09:44 PM

:popcorn :coffee :durr

Korndogg
11-19-2006, 09:45 PM
OK helloooooooooo i offered to come over and take a look at it.....lol

pOrk
11-19-2006, 09:45 PM
ok you dont have to be a smart ass about it i didnt come on here to start s* i simply wanted to see if this is normal like the so called maintenance supervisor/ manager claim it is

No, it is perfectly normal to NEED to dress in mittens, winter jackets, snowpants, etc before going to bed at night :rolleyes: How old are you, 15?

pOrk
11-19-2006, 09:47 PM
OK helloooooooooo i offered to come over and take a look at it.....lol

Which was an awful nice gesture, but this should be been handled YESTERDAY not tomorrow IMO.

I guess people aren't as protective of their children as they used to be?:alcoholic

Brandon W.
11-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Pork is layin down the law...

IBTL:locked:

Korndogg
11-19-2006, 09:50 PM
i know pork but i figured id help em out and not charge them anything. but shes not responding...

pOrk
11-19-2006, 09:53 PM
i know pork but i figured id help em out and not charge them anything. but shes not responding...

Oh I know that, shes not responding just like she hasn't done anything to get the problem resolved for the past few weeks or however long she has had the problem.

I try not to judge, but her screen name alone seems to explain a lot about her :rolf

Firefighter Z
11-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Dude Pork shut up seriously, your talking about my girlfriend and my kid... Were already seeking legal action way before we she even posted this.

She just posted this cause she wanted to know if this was normal, not to have stupied remarks made.. How old are we again? 15?

K-Dogg, I'd invite you over but right now I'm sick and I dont wanna get anyone else sick. (btw I am away from my baby)

pOrk
11-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Well, shame on the both of you for keeping the kid in that environment. I try not to disrespect too many people on here, but **** she made it sound absolutely horrible and I don't take shit like that lightly.

Neal Steffek
11-19-2006, 10:05 PM

Either way, Pork is correct. You got the advice. Now get off your ass and do something about it. If I were you , I would cover up the cold air duct with plastic or something. The cold I can take, but bugs? FU(K THAT! I would be busting down the managers door the first time I saw a bug come out of that vent.

Firefighter Z
11-19-2006, 10:08 PM
This shiat was happening way before she was born and we were promised everything would be fixed. She made it sound like that cause she was upset.

Firefighter Z
11-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Either way, Pork is correct. You got the advice. Now get off your ass and do something about it. If I were you , I would cover up the cold air duct with plastic or something. The cold I can take, but bugs? FU(K THAT! I would be busting down the managers door the first time I saw a bug come out of that vent.

Hell I did that already, his remark, all apartments will have bugs in them, even mine has bugs.
Well I found out he dont live on grounds, he lives at another complex and drives a drop top C5 around... Sounds like a scam/ scum lord to me.

But like I said before, we've taken legal action before we even posted this.

Yooformula
11-19-2006, 10:19 PM
legal action is fine but what have you done to fix the immediate situation Josh? Have you made a call to child services or the cops about the freezing temps?

Firefighter Z
11-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Its not freezing in here (she didnt mean it like that) it's 72* degrees in here but a foot and a half from the floor its almost a 10* cooler.

All we wanted was something to be done and the maintance supervisor just stood there and said cant help you and didnt even bother to look at it.

Thats all just wanted something to be fixed, but he couldnt do anything... It looked like he was missing a party or something cause he was getting antcy to leave.

Firefighter Z
11-19-2006, 10:32 PM
All the nessesary things a being done tomorrow.

Flicktitty
11-19-2006, 10:47 PM
All the nessesary things a being done tomorrow.
:thumbsup nice let us know how it turns out! :thumbsup

88Nightmare
11-19-2006, 11:37 PM
yeah like the others said, the cold air return is exactly that. It pulls the cold air out of the room and back into the furnace to be reheated. There should be nothing connected to the outside. Do you live on a ground floor or up above? There may be drafts coming in elsewhere, perhaps from gaps in the drywall from behind the cold air return and behind the ducts, but either way, that doesnt sound right. Hope everything works out