PDA

View Full Version : My 2006 Video Compilation

TopStreetDsm
11-19-2006, 02:04 PM
This is a video I put together to summarize the 2006 race season.

JHRacing 2006 (http://jhracing.net/files/JHRacing_2006.wmv)

Enjoy!

Flicktitty
11-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Awesome Video Jake!!! Can't wait to see what 2007 brings for you! any hints as to you doing anything new to the car? or you just gonna try and get more seat time in the car? Oh yeah what is that 1st song?

awsomeears
11-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Holly hell I had no idea it was that quick.

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

BadAzzGTA89
11-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Nice keep up the good work!!

TransAm12sec
11-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Very nice car, and an organized video. One thing confused me, it says your fastest recorded time is 9.5, while the board says 9.2 after one of your runs.

UnderPSI
11-19-2006, 04:53 PM
I noticed that too, other than that it was great :thumbsup

sloLs1
11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
it's amazing how far that car has come! i remeber seeing it in '04 and to see it now make consecutive 9 sec. passes is great! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, hope to see you in '07!!!:thumbsup

JohnnyT
11-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Very nice car, and an organized video. One thing confused me, it says your fastest recorded time is 9.5, while the board says 9.2 after one of your runs.

I believe there was a problem with the timing equipment on that 9.20 run IIRC. Sweet car Jake and very impressive times. Can't wait to see what it does in '07!

scaleracer
11-19-2006, 06:12 PM
nice can't wait till 2007:thumbsup

juicedimpss
11-19-2006, 07:27 PM
cool vid jake.

ThatWhiteCivic
11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Nice!!!1

TopStreetDsm
11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks a lot guys!!! I am happy about it... But I was not expecting this much responce so quickly. It means a lot!

The first song was "remember the name" by SOB... Fort Minor... I am not 100% but I read that it was one of the guys from Limp Bizkit.

GVR4Johny is pretty much right. The slip showed a 1.1s 60'. Now I can say if this means that the whole run was off or if it was just the first beam or what. I will say this much... I left at about the same time as the pinto next to me and he pulled a mid 1.4s 60'... I dont know what this means for me, so I decided to just say "best RECORDED" at the end. Next year will tell.

Next year will be fun. Short and sweat... I am making a large jump in the turbo and tuning. This year was a conservitive year. I have not been over 12deg of timing the whole year, my lauches could be better, and I have been over running this turbo by about 100hp.

I have had two different exhaust manifold crack on me, which cost some time. But everything could have been a lot worse, so I am not complaining.

Thanks again Guys!!!

Jake

SSScottSS
11-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Good lord that little car is fast!!!! I knew they could be quick, but I didn't know they could be that quick.

I have a question, and if it's none of my business feel free to ignore the question, but how expensive is a build up like that. I'm honestly just curious cost wise what something like that compared to a "traditional" V8 9 sec. car is.

At any rate...... Good luck in 07 nice car and nice vid.

TopStreetDsm
11-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Good lord that little car is fast!!!! I knew they could be quick, but I didn't know they could be that quick.

I have a question, and if it's none of my business feel free to ignore the question, but how expensive is a build up like that. I'm honestly just curious cost wise what something like that compared to a "traditional" V8 9 sec. car is.

At any rate...... Good luck in 07 nice car and nice vid.

Thanks Man!

As far as the build goes.... I am not sure what is into the car a t this point. Part of the reason for this is because I was and am learning as I go. To put an identical setup together would be FAR less then what I have put into it. Also, my goals have changed along the way.

I would say that there are many reasons why it is more expencive for an import and also areas where it is more expensive for a v8. Example: V8's require twice as many pistons, rods, injectors (if your using them,) stuff like that. But on the other hand, V8 builds alot of times are cheaper because the market has been there for 40years or whatever. So my set of 4 pistons may cost as much as your 8.

In addition to all that, I went alittle crazy with the parts that went into the car. Maybe I didnt need as high dollar of parts that are in there, but... Knock on wood, the car has done VERY well this entire season. Funny enough, I have down graded several parts. The first exh. manifold for example, may have performed better, but was 2.5 times the cost with me building it. The off the self one that is on there now bolted on and was simple. I had a fancy head gasket on there that was SUPPOSED to be unbeatable, and even though it never blew, I was leaking anytime it was past 35psi.

To replicate it at this point would be somewhere in the realm of 40-50K. You cant really put a number on what I have because of the 2 1/2 years of R&D on top of the knowledge I had at that point.

If that answers your question!

juicedimpss
11-22-2006, 12:39 PM
To put an identical setup together would be FAR less then what I have put into it.

no words could ever be more true.
Its often challenging to have a project that exceeds what anyone else has done with a certain combo,and it surely is an expensive learning curve.

sacstoy02gt
11-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Great vid and one hell of a car!! :thumbsup

TopStreetDsm
11-22-2006, 11:27 PM
no words could ever be more true.
Its often challenging to have a project that exceeds what anyone else has done with a certain combo,and it surely is an expensive learning curve.

Not to mention that alot of dsm guys at this level dont like to talk much.

Experimental / hunch tuning is the most expensive and teaching. Now I know?...

twicks69
11-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Great video compilation Jake!

I look forward to going ALL OUT for 2007!