PDA

View Full Version : In line for PS3 - Will their be profit from the flip?

pOrk
11-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Yes, the systems are going for 12-1800 on egay right now, but 60% of the people waiting in line are only there to get the system and flip it. You think egay will be flooded with PS3's and they wont go for much more then actual MSRP?

I am pretty sure the people selling on egay are pro-order people and / or from JAPAN since the system was released last week over there.

PB86MCSS
11-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Logic says yes, they will go for more than $600 apeice on ebay so there will be some profit. Simple supply and demand.

Japan has a limited number too, much less than the US is getting. Considering the whole world wants them and they are limited, the profit will be good, the question is how much?

They are going for well over 2k if you search completed auctions too, some up to 4k. It appears they will be making out pretty well....although if the prices do drop to the low 1,000 range I'll laugh :).

Karps TA
11-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Remember just cause an auction ends at that bid doesnt' mean it's legit. I bet there will be record numbers of dead beat bidders as well. Hell Sony is probably bidding on most of them to get the press.

RanJer
11-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Also, as ridiculous as it sounds.. Would you take $400 at the low end to sit around for 24 hours doing NOTHING?! Still worth it to me, if I didn't have other obligations..

pOrk
11-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Longer then 24 hours. I still doubt they will sell for over a grand, these people think they will get 2

PureSound15
11-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm thinkin there will be a negative parabola effect with the price. Right now it's really expensive, but there will be a few people who either get more than one, or simply just want to get rid of it, and will do a Buy It Now for $900 or so. Once that has happened and the price is temporarily driven down, it will go right back up until the suspected late November shipment.

Either way we'll see I suppose. Every person I know that's in line right now or has a pre-order, is planning on flipping it.

Yooformula
11-16-2006, 11:40 PM
The number of people all of us actually know that prepaid or are waiting in line is far less than the amount of people begging for one. I think the demand is great enough so I dont see the price dropping for at least a week or two.

PB86MCSS
11-17-2006, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't wait 24 hours straight in this weather for $400...not bad money but I don't have that kind of patience. If I was a college student or unemployed, maybe...or if it was nice weather and I was with friends perhaps.

These things will maintain the price for awhile give or take, there was way too much demand and so limited of supply yet.

VroomPshhTsi
11-17-2006, 11:37 AM
The number of people all of us actually know that prepaid or are waiting in line is far less than the amount of people begging for one. I think the demand is great enough so I dont see the price dropping for at least a week or two.

I agree, the same thing happend with the 360. People thought that with all the people flipping it on ebay the price would go down but it doesn't. There are a lot of people out there with $$$ willing to spend it for something like this.

GRAMPS SS
11-17-2006, 11:45 AM
yea , but how many people sold theres as they left the store, you know people were waiting with cash in hand to offer these people some profit to sell it as they left the store....sell it now or wait for ebay....what would you do?